Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-26-2019, 12:22 PM   #1
potsey7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Markus, Developers Please...

Don't get caught up spending your time replying to the 1% who post ridiculous negative statements. I'm sure this doesn't take away much of your time, but it can lead you to losing a little bit of motivation!

You guys produce the greatest simulation of baseball that has ever been made! And 99% of us that read/post here and buy the game every year absolutely love it and it has become a part of our lives. You have brought joy to so many! I always wanted to be a baseball coach/GM but never got to, so I get to live that little part of my life out through what you have done with your talents! Thank you for giving that to so many of us.

Yes, there will always be some issues, and I think you know who to reply to and take feedback from. I've just noticed you guys maybe trying to defend yourselves a little more this year about a couple of things (feature releases, what was worked on for this year's version etc) and you have nothing to defend!

I think some of this is coming from people's disappointments with other games and the culture we exist in where people want everything that THEY want NOW! I don't get it. If the game doesn't give you a feature list YOU want...then DONT FREAKING BUY IT! But for the 99% we are happy and having fun!!!! Will there always be some things I wish were different..of course...but the power I have is with my wallet! Not to come on here and be ridiculous. Markus just please don't let it steal your joy of what you guys are doing!!
potsey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:36 PM   #2
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

i don't think there is anything wrong with constructive criticism, however

its all in the way you present the argument
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:40 PM   #3
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Every game deserves criticism. No game is perfect, otherwise they could stop making them.

But that other thread was sure something… (shakes head) … closing it the first time was wrong. Closing it the second time was due.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:53 PM   #4
TPinrose
Minors (Double A)

It's only the people who care that bother to criticize.
TPinrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:59 PM   #5
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPinrose View Post
It's only the people who care that bother to criticize.
As someone who has worked in a public forum, this couldn't be further from the truth. There are A LOT of people who criticize simply to criticize, and the amount has increased significantly thanks to the rise of keyboard warriors birthed by the explosion of social media.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:59 PM   #6
potsey7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm not talking about constructive criticism...I'm talking about the ridiculous complaints of "there wasn't a feature list" or "you haven't added improvements". Threads that in the past maybe Developers would have ignored because they are silly but I see them now trying to defend. Don't want them caught up in all that. It can wear you down.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:22 PM   #7
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Yeah, we don't take it to heart. It's a good problem that when the game gets big enough, it also means we start to draw in more and more people who don't like all the things that we do. All we can do is make the best game we can, and hope that as many people will enjoy playing it as possible.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:32 PM   #8
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
As someone who has worked in a public forum, this couldn't be further from the truth. There are A LOT of people who criticize simply to criticize, and the amount has increased significantly thanks to the rise of keyboard warriors birthed by the explosion of social media.
Also, about 99% of Yankees fans
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:42 PM   #9
BronxBombers7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This thread is underrated! OOTP XX is the best one yet!
BronxBombers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:43 PM   #10
BronxBombers7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
Go Yankees!
BronxBombers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:45 PM   #11
jfb8300
Minors (Double A)

It's version 20 and we still can't apply a filter to sift out injury prone players. For all the details and stats the game produces, we can only filter players based on 20 stats. WAR, WHIP, FIP, etc, etc, basic stats still can't be filtered. There is plenty of improvement that an easily be made.
jfb8300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:47 PM   #12
TPinrose
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
On the steam forums sure. This place isn't exactly filled with those sorts. Yet, anyway.

Edit: And note that the people complaining aren't new to the forum. Though I admit tone is important.

Last edited by TPinrose; 03-26-2019 at 04:52 PM.
TPinrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 05:40 PM   #13
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
Old school Red Sox and Yankees fans could probably agree on this about their own fan bases. It seems that everyone under 30 cannot stop complaining if the team doesn't go 162-0.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:21 PM   #14
Poweshow
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/3 (3)
So why is this thread not getting locked?

God forbid anybody criticize the game. Complete bull****
Poweshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:23 PM   #15
Poweshow
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/3 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yeah, we don't take it to heart. It's a good problem that when the game gets big enough, it also means we start to draw in more and more people who don't like all the things that we do. All we can do is make the best game we can, and hope that as many people will enjoy playing it as possible.
And for those that don’t like it- make sure you silence them so only positive thoughts can be shared about the game.
Poweshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:01 AM   #16
potsey7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

You aren't trying to improve the game. You are just here to stir stuff up.

I'm sure if you don't like it they'll give you your money back. Case closed. Move on.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:27 AM   #17
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweshow View Post
And for those that don’t like it- make sure you silence them so only positive thoughts can be shared about the game.
I'm active here for 8 years now and have made lots of suggestions and also criticized some things I didn't like ... and nobody ever tried to silence me in any way.

Nobody on the development team only wants "positive thoughts", listening to different opinions is what made this game as good as it is today.

What you did in the other thread (and what you are starting to do here) was criticize just for the sake of criticizing.

Why don't you simply ask for a refund and leave us alone?

Get something else to be mad at or get yourself a baseball game that meets your standards, you shouldn't waste your precious time on a game like OOTPXX.
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 03:46 AM   #18
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
So why is this thread not getting locked?

God forbid anybody criticize the game. Complete bull****
I have sent you a PM. Please change your behavior and tone and be constructive. I would really appreciate it.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 04:55 AM   #19
Mat
All Star Reserve

Thanks for adding fatigue status in player pop-up. So good!!
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:07 AM   #20
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:

Well, I'd like to add one thought to this discussion: believe it or not, it's our game and we do what we want to do with it. You buy it or you don't. Simple as that. We have to earn money, true, but we also just want to build the game how WE like it. We are very motivated by the huge amount of positive feedback. We listen to suggestions and criticism. That's proofen a thousand times. But we will not let anybody tell us what to do or what not to do with our game! And if a certain topic is being started over and over, we will close threads on our forums.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote