Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-05-2017, 08:51 PM   #1
Cubfan2001
Major Leagues

Best time to re extend players

I just started OOTP 18 and I waited until opening day to try and extend my players due to having noticed that in 17 most of the time players demands were at their lowest on Opening Day.

I was wrong though since demands didn't change at all. Is there a certain time of year you all notice is the cheapest demands or when do you tend to re extend?
Cubfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:09 AM   #2
'94 EXPOS
Major Leagues

There are a lot of variables in play (does the player even want to sign an extension...how close it the player to free agency...especially if it is their last year of arbitration etc) that will effect their negotiating stance.

To try and get the lowest possible price, check in every month and see if their demands have gone down a bit. Current season performance will effect their asking price to some degree. Don't sign a guy when he is on a 35 game hitting streak!
'94 EXPOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:42 AM   #3
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

One might argue that when a player sends you a little message about wanting to extend, they might be more receptive?

I too had noticed that during pre-season, even Spring Training, the mood seems more favourable.

But if, in fact, OOTP has closed a perceived loophole means this game just keeps getting better and better. It really should be something almost geared to the individual, through his personality traits, past performance and current contract value. If they have made things more tough to determine...bravo!

I specifically hate, by the way, when you can extend a player right after an arbitration award. I would think the player, having been taken to arb by a team, would want to play that out and see where his next arb number goes OR (and this may very well be the case) totally gouge the team for a very player friendly number and term, far above what the team thinks it can get away with. But that is another topic entirely.

Last edited by Winnipeg59; 08-06-2017 at 07:43 AM.
Winnipeg59 is offline   Reply With Quote