Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 04-07-2020, 09:43 PM   #641
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 13th, 1988

Time for game two. The Giants have Bruce Ruffin (0-1, 2.57) and the Reds have Scott Terry (0-0, 5.40).

I have never faced Terry.

I got the 3rd out in the 1st, grabbing a little fly by Kal Daniels.

I led off our half by grounding out to Al Newman at 2nd.

I got the 1st out in the 2nd, grabbing a Nick Esasky grounder.

I came up in the 2nd with two out and Robby Thompson on 3rd and Bob Brenly on 2nd. I hit one into right and both runners scored on my single! Then came stolen base #7. I scored on a Mike Aldrete double. Miek alter scored on an error and then Chili Davis scored on a Rob Deer single.

Giants lead 5-0

I next came up with one out in the 4th and I legged out an infield single. Then I got stolen base #8 and an extra base when Tim McIntosh threw away the attempt to catch me. That set me up for a sac fly by Mike!

Giants lead 6-0

The Reds got on the board in the 5th when McIntosh scored on a double by pinch hitter Wade Rowden. Then he scored on a single by Newman.

Giants lead 6-2

I came up in the 6th with two out and Brice on 1st. Ronald Warren was pitching. I slashed one up the middle for a single and Bruce went to 3rd. That was as far as we got.

In the 8th I caught a pop up by pinch hitter Tracy Jones for the 1st out. With two out and a man on in the inning, Bruce was lifted for Andy McGaffigan. He gave up a single, but got out of the inning.

I came up with two out in the bottom of the 8th, now facing Rob Dibble. I singled up the middle again. That was as far as I got.

Scott Garrrelts came in to pitch the 9th. Three batters later, including a 3rd out grounder by Dave Parker that I took care of, we had the win.

I was named Player of the Game! I went 4 for 5, all singles, with two RBI, two runs scored, and two stolen bases!

I went 6 for 8 over the whole day and was named the 3rd top performance over all!

Tomorrow is a travel day, though we are only going down the coast to San Diego.

````````````````````````````````````````

Last edited by rpriske; 04-07-2020 at 09:47 PM.
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:50 AM   #642
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 15th, 1988

We are in San Diego and the Padres have Mark Langston (1-1, 1.32) going against Frank Viola (2-0, 3.00) of the Giants.

I have gone 6 for 28 against Langston.

Oh, I am currently hitting .486 on the season. Yeah.

I led off the game by striking out.

I came up next with two out in the 3rd and I flew out to Junior Felix in centre.

The Padres struck first in the 3rd when Tony Gwynn scored on a John Kruk double.

Padres lead 1-0

I made my first defensive play int he 4th when I took a grounder from Armando Verdugo for the 1st out. I then caught a blooper from Langston for the 3rd out.

I led off the 6th by outrunning an infield hit to short. I moved to 2nd on a single by Mike Aldrete. Chili Davis hit into a fielders choice and I went to 3rd. I scored on a sac fly by Rob Deer.

Game tied 1-1

I got the 1st out in the bottom half off a grounder by Ozzie Guillen.

I made a really good play on a Harold Reynolds grounder for the 1st out in the bottom of the 7th.

I led off the 8th with a strike out - Langston's 10th of the game.

Scott Garrelts took over for us in the 9th, with the game still deadlocked.
He was unable to hold it, loading the bases and then giving up an RBI single to Randy Ready with one out.

We lost 2-1.

We are 3-7 after 10. This team is better than that.

I went 1 for 4 with a single and a run scored.

It seems that Brad Wellman cleared waivers and is back in Phoenix. Also back in Phoenix is Alan Cockrell as Greg Litton was called up.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:08 AM   #643
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 16th, 1988

Today the Giants are sending Rick Sutcliffe (0-2, 1.12) against Richard Dotson (0-1, 4.50) and the Padres.

I have gone 5 for 15 against Dotson.

I led off the game by striking out.

I got Randy Ready for the 2nd out in the 1st, taking his groundball. I then caught a looper from John Kruk for the 3rd out.

I came up with one out in the 3rd and I grounded out to Ozzie Guillen at short.

I handled a Dotson grounder for the 1st out in the bottom frame.

In the 5th I got the 2nd out off a fielder's choice by Harold Reynolds. I might have had a double play but Paul Noce ran into me, hard. I was shaken up, but okay.

I came up with one out in the 6th and dumped one into right for a single. I took 2nd on a single by Mike Aldrete. I grabbed 3rd with stolen base #9. Chili Davis hit into a double play to end it.

I caught a tough Guillen liner for the 1st out in the bottom of the 7th. I took a routine Dotson grounder for the 3rd out.

After Reynolds reached 2nd on an error. Jim lifted Rick for Andy McGaffigan. Rick has really pitched incredibly well, with us giving him no support.

I led off the 9th by grounding out right back to Dotson.
We finally scored that inning as Chili crossed on a Rob Deer single.

Giants lead 1-0

Mark Davis came in to try to nail down the save.
I helped him out with the first batter, handling a Carmelo Maritnez grounder for the out. Mark ended up giving up a hit and a walk, but no runs, giving us the 1-0 win!

I went 1 for 4 with a single.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:32 AM   #644
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 17th, 1988

Today the Giants have Willie Fraser (0-0, 5.68) facing Bryn Smith (0-1, 5.40) in the rubber game of our three-game set with the Padres.

I have gone 4 for 18 against Smith.

I led off by grounding out to Ozzie Guillen at short.
Two batters later, Chile Davis launched a solo bomb.

Giants lead 1-0

I came up next with one out in the 3rd and I grounded out to Guillen again.

The Padres tied it up in the 4th when Tony Gwynn scored on a Carmelo Martinez single.

Game tied 1-1

I came up with two out in the 5th and Bob Brenly on 1st. I hit what should have been a foulout to left, but Martinez dropped it, giving me another chance. I didn't take advantage, striking out.

The 7th opened with a Ruben Sierra single and was followed by a Robby Thompson home run!

Giants lead 3-1

Guillen responded by leading off their half of the inning with a homer of his own.
With two out and a man on, Jim went to Andy McGaffigan. He got Junior Felix trying to steal with a pitchout on.

Giants lead 3-2

I led off the 8th by grounding out to Randy Ready at 3rd.

I got the 2nd out in the bottom of the 8th off a Ready grounder, returning the favour.

Mark Davis came in to try to get his 2nd save in two days.
I should have gotten the 1st out for him, but I dropped a John Kruk pop for my first error of the year.
I later got a Guillen grounder for the actual 1st out of the inning, but now there were two men in scoring position.
With two out Armando Verdugo blasted a three-run homer.

This loss is entirely on my head. No excuses. It was my fault.

Apparently, as he was coming out of his hotel room to get out flight to Cincinnati, Scott Garrelts tripped on the stairs. He wasn't hurt too badly, but will likely miss the series against the Reds.

Last edited by rpriske; 04-10-2020 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-10-2020, 03:06 PM   #645
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 18th, 1988

We are in Cincinnati and my ego is really bruised. I let down the team, not that they would ever say so.

Today the Giants have Eric Show (0-2, 5.51) facing Ron Robinson (1-1, 2.84) and the Reds.

I have gone 3 for 14 against Robinson.

I opened the game by taking a four pitch walk. I moved to 2nd on a wild pitch and to 3rd on a Mike Aldrete groundout. Chili Davis singled and I scored.

Giants lead 1-0

I got the last out of the inning by catching a Will Clark pop.

In the 2nd Robby Thompson led off with a triple and scored on a Bob Brenly sac fly. Brian Giles followed with a solo shot.
I came up with one out and Eric on 1st. I hit into a double play.

Giants lead 3-0

I got the 1st out in the bottom half off a Nick Esasky pop-up.

In the 3rd Mike Aldrete scored on a balk and then Chili scored on a Ruben Sierra sac fly.

Giants lead 5-0

I made a nice play on a Claudell Washington liner for the 1st out in the bottom of the 4th.

I led off the 5th by dropping one into centre for a single. I reached 2nd when Mike got on by an Esasky error. I then got to 3rd as Chili hit into a fielder's choice. I scored on a Rob Deer single.

Giants lead 6-0

In the bottom frame, Kurt Stillwell scored when I threw away a Tim McIntosh groundball. Another error.

Giants lead 6-1

I came up in the 6th with two out and Bob on 2nd. German Gonzalez was pitching. I hit one down the right field line for an RBI double! I moved to 3rd on a wild pitch. I was left there.

Giants lead 7-1

In the Reds' half, Al Newman scored on a double play.

Giants lead 7-2

I got the 1st out in the 7th off an easy Stillwell grounder. Two batters later Dave Parker scored on a Macintosh sac fly.

Giants lead 7-3

I came up with one out in the 8th and Bob on 2nd and Brian on 1st. John Franco was on the mound. I struck out.

I handled a Kal Daniels grounder for the final out in the 8th.

We managed to keep the score there and Eric had a complete game win.

I made another error, but I also went 2 for 4 with a single, a double, a walk, an RBI, and two runs scored.

The team signed a veteran pitcher to a minor league deal. Scott McGregor. Hopefully he can make it back and help us.

Old 04-12-2020, 02:40 PM   #646
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 19th, 1988

Today the Giants are going with Bruce Ruffin (1-1, 2.45) against Tom Browning (2-0, 3.00) and the Reds.

I have done well against Browning, going 9 for 26.

I led off the game by lining out to Kal Daniels in left.

I came up next in the 3rd with one out and Brian Giles on 1st. I lined out to Dave Parker in right.

I made my first play on defence in the 3rd, catching a lazy pop by Nick Esasky for the 1st out. We then got Daniels and Kurt Stillwell with a Thompson - Priske - Aldrete double play.

I came up in the 5th with one out, Brian on 2nd, and Bob Brenly on 3rd. I hit one to the back of 2nd for an infield single, scoring Bob and sending Brian to 3rd. Mike hit into a double play.

Giants lead 1-0

I got the first batter in the bottom half - Al Newman - on a grounder.
Claudell Washington put one in the seats to tie the game.
I then handled a Will Clark grounder for out #2.

Game tied 1-1

Chili Davis led off the 6th with a single and scored on a Rob Deer double.

Giants lead 2-1

Jeff Robinson came in to pitch for us, with a double switch replacing Brian at 3rd with Tom O'Malley.

I came up in the 7th with Tom on 1st and none out. I dropped one into short left for a single, moving Tom to 2nd. John Rabb replaced Tom as a pinch runner. It paid off as both of us advanced two bases on a two out single by Rob.

Giants lead 3-1

Chris Brown took over at 3rd.

I got Newman with a grounder again for the 1st out in the bottom of the 7th.
Will Clark got tossed that inning over a dispute about a strike call.

Mark Davis took over on the mound for us in the 8th.
He gave one up with Esasky scored on a single by Ernie Whitt.

Giants lead 3-2

I led off the 9th, now facing Frank Castillo. I struck out.
With two out, Chili homered. Then both Rob and Ruben Sierra walked. A wild pitched and a single by Robby Thompson scored them both.

Giants lead 6-2

Three more outs from Mark and we had the win.

I went 2 for 5 with a pair of singles and an RBI.

After the game Alan Cockrell was sent back to Phoenix. Mark Clear was placed on waivers and Bobby Thigpen and Brad Wellman were called up.

Didn't Brad just clear waivers?

Strange.

Meanwhile, Mike Griffin, who played with us a bit lat year and was down in AA, is now out for the season with a ruptured UCL. Bad luck, Mike.

Old 04-13-2020, 10:23 PM   #647
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 20th, 1988

Today the Giants have Ace Frank Viola (2-0, 2.35) going against the Reds and Scott Terry (0-1, 5.91).

I have only faced Terry once, going 2 for 3.

I opened up the game by taking a walk. With one out, Chili Davis singled, moving me up a base. Then Rob Deer singled and I scored.

Giants lead 1-0

The Reds tied it up in the bottom half when Frank threw the 3rd out away, allowing Will Clark to score from 2nd.

Game tied 1-1

I came up in the 2nd with two out and John Rabb on 2nd. I hit one deep at short for an infield single, moving John to 3rd. Mike Aldrete hit one deep to centre, but it was caught.

I got the 1st out in the bottom of the inning, off a grounder by Kurt Stillwell.
With two out, Dave Parker homered.

Reds lead 2-1

Then in the 3rd, Claudell Washington scored on a Clark triple.

Reds lead 3-1

I led off the 5th by taking my 2nd walk.
With one out, Chili Davis hit a two run dinger!

Game tied 3-3

We took the lead in the 6th when John scored on a triple by... Frank!
I came up with two out and Frank on 1st. The Reds made a pitching change, bringing in Ronald Warren to face me. I grounded one down the 3rd base line, but Nick Esasky handled it for the 3rd out.

Giants lead 4-3

The Reds got it back in the 7th when Ernie Whitt scored on an Al Newman single.

Game tied 4-4

I came up in another key situation in the 8th. Two out with Brian Giles on 3rd and Frank on 1st. Greg Cadaret was on the mound. I walked, loading them up. Mike Aldrete struck out.

In the bottom half we made a nice Thompson - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Esasky and Stillwell out.

In the 9th Brian Giles hit a sac fly, scoring Chili, giving us the lead again.

Giants lead 5-4

Scott Garrelts came in to try and stop them there. I got him the first guy - a Dave Parker grounder for the 1st out. He held on for the save and we had the win!

I went 1 for 2 with a single, THREE walks, and two runs scored.

Old 04-15-2020, 12:09 PM   #648
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 21st, 1988

We finish up in Cincinnati today. The Giants are pitching Rick Sutcliffe (0-2, 0.78) against the Reds and Andy Hawkins (0-1, 7.71).

Look at those numbers for Rick. We have really let him down so far.

I have gone 4 for 19 against Hawkins, but two of those hits were home runs.

Considering that I only have 10 homers in my career, that is saying something.

I led off the game by lining one into centre for a single. I went to 2nd as Mike Aldrete reached on error. We both moved up on a Chili Davis groundout. Rob Deer walked, loading them up. I scored on a Ruben Sierra sac fly. Mike and Rob then scored on a Robby Thompson double.

Giants lead 3-0

I came up in the 2nd with one out and Brian Giles on 2nd. I popped out to Al Newman at 2nd.

I got the last out in the inning off an Ernie Whitt grounder.

I came up in the 4th with two out and Brian on 3rd. I hit one into the left field corner for an RBI double!
I was left on.

Giants lead 4-0

The Reds got on the board in the 5th when Nick Esasky scored on a Kurt Stillwell groundout.

Giants lead 4-1

I led off the 7th, now facing Frank Castillo. I hit one past the shortstop for a single. Stolen base #10. I scored on a single by Mike.

Giants lead 5-1

In the 8th Stillwell hit a solo homer.
I started a nice Priske - Thompson - Aldrete double play to get Dave Parker and pinch hitter Gary Redus that inning.

Giants lead 5-2

I led off the 9th, now facing Ronald Warren. I grounded out back to the mound.
After that, though, came a single by Mike, Chili reached on an error, an intentional walk for Rob... and a Ruben Sierra Grand Slam!

Giants lead 9-2

Rick left with one out and one on in the 9th, giving way to Andy McGaffigan. I got the last out for him, off a grounder by pinch hitter Tim McIntosh.

Big win!

I went 3 for 5 with two singles, a double, an RBI, a run scored, and a stolen base!

Now we head home to face the Dodgers.

On the flight home, Mike Easler let us know that he was going to retire.

Last edited by rpriske; 04-15-2020 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:28 AM   #649
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 22, 1988

I was thinking about Mike Easler and his decision to retire. I don't know him really well, but he seems like a good egg. He is 37 and has played in the majors for 14 years. The Giants were his 7th big league team. He had a solid career and I hope he is happy with his decision. When I am ready to hang them up, I hope I can do it with the same level of class that he did.

Today we have Willie Fraser (0-0, 4.15) facing Ken Howell (0-1, 5.89) and the Dodgers.

The Dodgers have had an even worse start than we have.

I have gone 2 for 6 against Howell.

I got into on the 2nd batter of the game, grabbing a Dave Winfield grounder for the 2nd out.

I led off the home half by legging out an infield single to 3rd. With one out I stole 2nd, beating a pitchout! I got no further.

Benito Santiago opened the scoring with a 2nd inning, two out homer.

Dodgers lead 1-0

In the 3rd I took a Steve Sax grounder for the 2nd out, but Alonzo Powell scored on the play.

Dodgers lead 2-0

I came up with two out in the 3rd and I walked. I tried to steal but once again I ran into a pitchout and this time they caught me.

In the 4th I once again got the 2nd out - this time it was a Santiago groundout - and once again they scored on the play - this time it was Tim Wallach. Then Candy Maldonado scored on a Dave Anderson single.

Dodgers lead 4-0

We got a couple in the 4th. First Mike Aldrete scored on a Ruben Sierra sac fly. Then Rob Deer scored on a Robby Thompson single.

Dodgers lead 4-2

The Dodgers struck again in the 5th when Sax tripled and then scored on a Bob Brenly passed ball.

Dodgers lead 5-2

I came up with two out in the 5th and I walked again. Stolen base #12. I advanced to 3rd on a single by Mike. We were both left there.

Bobby Thigpen came in to pitch for us in the 6th. This was his big league debut.
He gave up singles to the first two batter she faced, but then got the next three.

After getting two out in the 7th he walked one and then was pulled for Goose Gossage. From the rookie to the vet.
He got his out.

I came up with two out in the 7th and popped out to Wallach at 3rd.

Andy McGaffigan came in to pitch the 8th.
He pitched the inning and got the 1st out in the 9th before he was lifted for Mark Davis. John Rabb also replaced Bob in a double switch.
I got Mark the 2nd out off a Sax grounder.

I came up in the 9th with one out and John on 2nd. Craig Lefferts was pitching. I walked for the 3rd time this game. Mike came up behind me and doubled, scoring John and sending me to 3rd.
Rick Honeycutt relieved for L.A.
Chili Davis grounded out, but I scored on the play.
Down to our last out with the potential tying run on 2nd base. Rob Deer came up... and flied out to centre.

We lost 5-4

I went 1 for 2 with a single, three walks, one run scored, two stolen bases, and a caught stealing.

I am hitting .431

I lead the league in stolen bases and am second in batting, behind Johnny Ray of the Mets.

Old 04-19-2020, 09:23 AM   #650
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 23rd, 1988

Today the Giants are going with Eric Show (1-2, 4.26) against the Dodgers and Moose Haas (2-0, 1.64).

I have gone 1 for 6 against Moose.

I got the 2nd out of the game, off a Dave Winfield grounder.

I led off the home half by striking out.

In the 2nd I was pivot on an Aldrete - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Benito Santiago and Keith Lockhart.

Our half of the 2nd went... well.
Robby Thompson doubled with one out. With two out, John Rabb walked. Eric singled, scoring Robby. I walked to load the bases. Mike Aldrete singled, scoring John and Eric. Chili Davi singled, and I scored. Ruben Sierra singled and Mike scored. Rob Deer walked. Robby left them loaded.

Giants lead 5-0

The dodgers got on the board in the 3rd when Mariano Duncan scored on a Winfield double. Then Kent Hrbek singled, scoring Winfield. I handled a Brian Harper grounder to end it.

Giants lead 5-2

I led off the 4th, facing Carlos Diaz. I walked again. I never moved up.

In the 5th Rob scored on a single by Eric. I came up with two out and two out but grounded out.

Giants lead 6-2

I got the 1st out in the 6th off a grounder by Harper.

In the bottom half Mike scored on a Ruben sac fly.

Giants lead 7-2

In the 7th a nice Thompson - Priske - Aldrete double play erased Dave Anderson and Franklin Stubbs.

I came up in the 7th with two out an Eric on 1st. Rick Camp was on the mound. I grounded out to Duncan at 2nd.

Andy McGaffigan took over for Eric with two out in the 8th. I got the out for him, handling a Harper grounder for the 3rd time in the game.

I then got him the 1st out in the 9th off a Santiago grounder.
With one out and one on, Goose Gossage took over for us.
Two batters later, we had the win.

I went 0 for 3 with two walks and a run scored.

Old 04-20-2020, 10:29 PM   #651
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 24th, 1988

Today the Giants are sending up Bruce Ruffin (2-1, 2.29) against the Dodgers' ace, Orel Hershiser (1-3, 4.78).

I have faced Hershisher quite a bit but have only gone 7 for 41, or .171

I led off the bottom of the 1st by improving that a bit by outrunning an infield single to 3rd. I moved to 2nd on a Mike Aldrete single. Chili Davis walked to load them up.

Three on with no out... and we weren't able to score.

I got the 2nd out in the 3rd off a Steve Sax grounder, but Mariano Duncan scored on the play. I then took care of a Dave Winfield grounder for the 3rd out.

Dodgers lead 1-0

I led off in the 3rd by popping out to Duncan at short.

I got the 2nd out in the 5th off a Hershiser grounder.

I did the same in the 6th off a Winfield grounder.

I led off the home half of the 6th by grounding out to Sax at 2nd.

I got the 3rd out in the 7th off a Duncan groundball.

I got Hershiser again for the 1st out in the 8th.

I came up with one out in the 8th and I hit a weak one to short which I outran for a single. 2 for 4 without ever getting the ball out of the infield.
I was erased on a fielder's choice by Mike.

Mark Davis took over for us in the 9th. He got his three and then, with our backs against the wall, Rob Deer led off the bottom of the 9th with a home run!

Game tied 1-1, and we are going to extras!

I got the 2nd out in the 10th off a grounder by Brian Harper. I then got the 3rd out off a grounder by 9th inning defensive replacement, Franklin Stubbs.

I came up in the 10th with none out and pinch hitter Brad Wellman on 1st. Craig Lefferts was pitching. I dropped one into shallow left for a single, moving Brad to 2nd. They got the next three guys out.

Scott Garrelts took over for us in the 11th.
That inning went fine, but in the 12th both Kent Hrbek and R.J. Reynolds scored on a Benito Santiago triple. Santiago ended up scoring on a passed ball. Harper and Duncan scored on a Dave Anderson single.
That was it for Scott. Jim sent Goose Gossage in.
Things don't go better for him. Sax belts a two run bomb. We still haven't gotten an out.
We did get the next three guys, but not until they scored seven times.

Dodgers lead 8-1

I came up against Rick Honeycutt with two out and hit one through the left side for my fourth hit of the game. It didn't matter.

12 innings only to lose like that. Ugh.

I went 4 for 6, all singles, but never crossed the plate.

Tomorrow is an off day before the Pirates come to town.

``````````````````

On our off day, Tom O'Malley messed up his shoulder lifting weights. Dumb ass. He will miss up to a week.

Chili Davis was named NL Player of the Week!

Bryan Hickerson is back from the elbow tendinitis that flared up during Spring Training. Bobby Thigpen was sent to Phoenix to make room for him.

Old 04-22-2020, 06:07 PM   #652
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 26th, 1988

The Pirates are in town and they are bringing Jose DeLeon (3-1, 3.16) to face Frank Viola (3-0, 2.61) and the Giants.

I have gone 7 for 22 against DeLeon, hitting .318.

I got into it on the first batter, handling a Bip Roberts grounder for the out.

I led off our half by striking out.

I came up in the 2nd with two out, Robby Thompson on 3rd, and Frank on 1st. I reached on an infield single for an RBI! Frank White dropped a pop up from Mike Aldrete and the bases were loaded. Chili Davis went deep but it stayed in the park for the 3rd out.

Giants lead 1-0

In the 3rd I took care of a Pat Tabler grounder for the 3rd out.

I got the 1st out in the 4th off a Jody Davis grounder.

I came up with two out in the 4th and managed a walk. Stolen base #13, but that is as far as I got.

I came up in the 6th with one out and Brian Giles on 2nd. John Cooke came in to face me and he induced a popout to White at 2nd. Brian ended up scoring on a single by Mike.

Giants lead 2-0

In the 7th we pulled off a Thompson - Priske - Aldrete double play to get White and Charlie Montoyo to end the inning.

In the bottom half Bob Brenly scored on a double by Brian.

Giants lead 3-0

I led off in the 9th, now facing Dave Johnson. I lined out to Tabler in right.

Frank need up throwing a four hit shutout!

I went 1 for 4 with a single, an RBI, a walk, and a stolen base.

Old 04-22-2020, 06:27 PM   #653
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 27th, 1988

Today the Giants have Rick Sutcliffe (1-2, 1.15) facing the Pirates and Bob Walk (1-1, 3.21).

I have gone 5 for 9 with a home run against Walk.

I led off the home half of the first by outrunning a hit to 2nd for an infield single. Stolen base #14 and I get 3rd when Adam Brown throws it away trying to catch me. I scored easily on a single by Mike Aldrete.
Mike got erased on a double play but Rob Deer followed with a homer.

Giants lead 2-0

I came up in the 2nd with two out and Brian Giles on 2nd. I flew out to Kirk Gibson in left.

I returned the favour in the 4th, handling a Gibson grounder for the 1st out. I then took a Ken Phelps grounder for the 2nd out.

I stayed busy in the 5th grabbing a Frank White grounder for the 1st out.

I led off the bottom of the 5th by grounding out to Bip Roberts at 3rd.

We lost the lead in the 7th when Leon Durham smashed a pinch hit, three run homer.

Pirates lead 3-2

I led off the bottom of the 7th, now facing Dave Johnson. I flew out to Gibson again.
The inning picked up for us after that, including Mike scoring on a Ruben Sierra single and both Rob and Ruben scoring on a Robby Thompson double.

Giants lead 5-3

I got the 3rd out in the 8th off a Phelps grounder.

I came up in the bottom of the 8th with none out and pinch hitter Brad Wellman on 2nd. Cecilio Guante was on the mound. I grounded out to Sid Bream at 1st, moving Brad to 3rd. He didn't end up scoring.

Mark Davis came in for the 9th and he gave up a one single, but that was all and we had the victory.

I went 1 for 5 with a single, a run scored, and a stolen base. I am still hitting .410

Old 04-22-2020, 07:53 PM   #654
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 28th, 1988

We have the Pirates again today and they are pitching Rick Reed (0-1, 7.04) against the Giants and Eric Show (2-2, 3.82).

Reed is a rookie and none of us have faced him.

The Pirates struck in the 1st when Kirk Gibson scored on a Ken Phelps double.

Pirates lead 1-0

I led off our half by walking on five pitches. Then Reed also walked Mike Aldrete. Chili Davis didn't wait for that, hitting a single on the first pitch he saw to load the bases with none out. With Rob Deer, it was back to the walk, sending me across the plate. Then Mike scored on a Ruben Sierra sac fly and Chill scored on a Robby Thompson sac fly.

Giants lead 3-1

I took a Frank White grounder for the 1st out in the 2nd.

I came up with two out in the 2nd and I flew out to Phelps in right.

In the 3rd, Bip Roberts scored on a Sid Bream single.

Giants lead 3-2

I led off in the 5th by flying out to Gibson in left.

In the 6th Rob Deer scored on a Robby Thompson single. Robby then stole 2nd and scored on a Bob Brenly groundout.

Giants lead 5-2

I got a Gibson grounder to end the top of the 7th.

I led off the bottom frame, now facing Dale Mohorcic. I flew out to Gibson again.

Mark Davis came in to close things out in the 9th.
It wasn't spotless as Pete Rice scored on a Paul Zuvella groundout. The was all, though, and the Giants won 5-3.

I went 0 for 3 with a walk and a run scored.

I am below .400 for the first time in a long time.

Tomorrow the Cubbies are in town.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:58 PM   #655
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

I lost most of this post and I am not retyping it, but the Giants beat up on Dan Freed and the Cubs over two inning sand lead 7-0.

Picking up there.

I got the 3rd out in the 3rd off a Paul O'Neill grounder.

I came up with one out in the 3rd, now facing Christopher Willsher. Against Freed I walked twice and scored twice. This time I flew out to Billy Hatcher in left.

I caught a Marvell Wynne pop for the 1st out in the 4th.

The Cubs got on the board in the 5th when O'Neill doubled home Hatcher.

Giants lead 7-1

In the bottom frame Robby scored on a Brian Giles groundout.

Giants lead 8-1

I got the 2nd out in the 6th off a Wynne grounder.

I led off the bottom of the 6th by lining out to Wynne in centre.

Bryan Hickerson took over for us with one out in the 7th. I got the 2nd out for him off a Hatcher grounder. I then did the same to O'Neill for the 3rd.

In that inning Ruben scored on a double by Bryan.

Giants lead 9-1

I caught a Wynne liner for the 3rd out in the 8th.

I was lifted for a pinch hitter after that, with the game all but done.

We won it 9-1.

I went 0 for 2 with two walks, two runs scored, and one stolen base.

After the game Bryan Hockerson was sent back to Phoenix and Bobby Thigpen was called back up.

Oh, it seems that Mark Clear was released.

Old 04-24-2020, 03:30 PM   #656
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

April 30th, 1988

Today the Cubs are pitching Turk Wendell (0-0, 3.86) against the Giants and Willie Fraser (0-1, 5.50).

Wendell is another rookie and we have not seen him yet.

I got the 2nd out of the game off a Paul O'Neill grounder. I then handled a Larry Parrish grounder for the 3rd out.

I led off the home half by striking out.

In the 2nd Brady Anderson scored on a Chris Speier triple. Then Speier scored on a Damon Berryhill sac fly.

Cubs lead 2-0

I came up with two out in the 3rd and I grounded one past short for a single. Stolen base #16 and I took 3rd when Berryhill threw the pickoff attempt away. I was unable to score.

I led off in the 6th by dropping one into right for a single. I went to 2nd on a sac bunt by Mike Aldrete, but I was left there.

I took a Billy Hatcher grounder for the 1st out in the 7th.

Andy McGaffigan took over for us after that. I got the first guy his faced - Mike Brumley - with a grounder.

I got the 3rd out in the 8th off a Berryhill grounder.

I came up in the 8th with one out and Chris Brown on 1st, after pinch hitting for Andy. I wore a Wendell fastball and was awarded first. Mike walked, loading the bags. Then Chili ALSO walked, scoring Chris. A strikeout and a pop out and we were still losing.

Cubs lead 2-1

Mark Davis came in to pitch the 9th. I got the 2nd out for him, off a Brumley grounder. But then Paul O'Neill launched a two run homer.

Cubs lead 4-1

I came up in the bottom of the 9th, representing the tying run. Robby Thompson was on 2nd, John Rabb was on 1st, and there were two out. I was facing Don August and I managed to muscle one into left field to load the bases. Then Mike doubled to deep centre and we all scored! Tie game!

Game tied 4-4

Scott Garrelts took over for us in the 10th. I got the 1st out for him off a Keith Miller grounder. I also got the 3rd off a Speier grounder.

In the 11th we pulled off a nice Thompson - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Berryhill and Tom Foley.

I came up with one out in the 11th, now facing Steve Comer. I walked. Stolen base #17. Mike singled and I went to 3rd. Then Chili singled and I crossed for the extra inning, walk off win!

I went 3 for 4 with three singles, a walk, two runs scored, and two stolen bases!

Back over .400! (.402)

We have fought back from our horrible start to be only a game back from Houston and Atlanta, leading the division.

Old 04-24-2020, 03:55 PM   #657
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 1st, 1988

The Giants are wrapping up the series against the Cubs today. We have Frank Viola (4-0, 2.02) facing Greg Maddux (1-3, 4.24).

I have gone 4 for 19 against Maddux, including a home run.

The Cubs struck for as Mike Brumley led off with a triple and then scored on a Larry Parrish single. Then Parrish scored on a double by Paul O'Neill.

Cubs lead 2-0

I led off our half by putting one up the middle for a single. Then Mike Aldrete hit into what should have been a double play but Tom Foley blew it and we were both safe. Stolen base #18, taking 3rd. With two out, Ruben Sierra singled, and I scored.

Cubs lead 2-1

I got the 1st out in the 2nd off a Foley grounder.

I led off in the 3rd by striking out.

In the 5th I came up with one out and Chris Brown on 3rd. I singled past 2nd for a game-tying RBI! Stolen base #19. But then I tried to steal 3rd and was thrown out by Dave Valle.

Game tied 2-2

I took a Foley grounder for the 1st out in the 7th. I then got Parrish for the 3rd.

I came up with two out in the 7th and I grounded out back to Maddux.

In the 8th there was a big collision at the plate when Paul O'Neill bowled into Bob Brenly. O'Neill came out the worse and had to leave the game. He managed to score, however.

Cubs lead 3-2

After Frank gave up a pair of hits to start the 9th, Jim went to Jeff Robinson. Damon Berryhill ended up scoring on a Casey Candaele single.

Cubs lead 4-2

This time we weren't able to get those runs back.

I went 2 for 4 with a pair of singles, an RBI, a run scored, two stolen bases and a caught stealing.

Tomorrow the Cardinals are in town.

Old 04-25-2020, 11:22 PM   #658
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 2nd, 1988

The Cardinals are in town and they brought Danny Cox (2-2, 4.46).
The Giants are pitching Rick Sutcliffe (2-2, 1.60).

I have gone 8 for 28, or .286 against Cox.

I led off the home half by taking a changeup to the ribs. Stolen base #20. Then stolen base #21. But somehow I wasn't able to score.

I got the 2nd out in the 2nd on a fielder's choice grounder by Tom Herr.

Ruben Sierra led off the bottom of the 2nd with a home run!

Giants lead 1-0

I came up in the 3rd with none out and Rick on 1st. I was asked to bunt him over but instead I walked on five pitches. Mike Aldrete singled to load the bases. Chili Davis hit into a fielder's choice, eliminating Mike, but Rick scored and I went to 3rd. I scored on a Rob Deer groundout.

Giants lead 3-0

I got the 1st out in the 5th on a Herr grounder. I then got the 2nd out off a Tom Pagnozzi grounder and the 3rd off a Cox grounder. Busy inning!

I came up with one out in the 5th and I hit a clean single into centre. Stolen base #22. I was left there.

In the 6th Oddibe McDowell scored on an Andy Van Slyke groundout.

Giants lead 3-1

In our half Rob scored on a Bob Brenly double.

Giants lead 4-1

I got the 3rd out in the 7th off a Herr grounder.

I led off the bottom of the 7th by hitting another sharp single to centre. I was erased on a Mike Aldrete fielder's choice.

In the 8th McDowell scored on a Willie McGee double. Then McGee scored on a Van Slyke single.

Giants lead 4-3

Mark Davis came in to try to close it out in the 9th. He induced a liner to me from Terry Pendleton for the 1st out. He ended up giving up a single but that is it and we had the win.

I went 2 for 3 with two singles, a walk, a run scored, and three stolen bases.

Old 04-27-2020, 11:39 AM   #659
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 3rd, 1988

Another game against the Cardinals. Today they are pitching Ted Power (1-3, 3.16).
The Giants are going with Eric Show (3-2, 3.51).

I have gone 3 for 14 against Power.

I led off the home half of the game by grounding out to Mike Marshall at 1st.

I came up next in the 3rd with two out and Eric on 1st. I grounded out to Power.

We opened things up a bit in the 4th when Chili Davis scored on a Ruben Sierra double and then Ruben and Robby Thompson scored on a Brian Giles double.

Giants lead 3-0

I made my first defensive play in the 5th, handling a Marshall grounder for the 1st out.

I led off the bottom of the 5th by flying out to Oddibe McDowell in left.

The Cards got their first hit and first baserunner in the 6th. It was Tom Herr but he was immediately followed by Tom Pagnozzi hitting into a Priske - Thompson - Aldrete double play. I then caught a Power pop for the 3rd out.

In the 6th Robby scored on a double by Bob Brenly.

Giants lead 4-0

In the 7th McDowell scored on an Andy Van Slyke single. Then Van Slyke scored on a Terry Pendleton single. I got both Pendleton and pinch hitter Vince Coleman with a Priske - Aldrete double play.

Giants lead 4-2

I led off the bottom half with a single through the right side. I was replaced on a fielder's choice by Mike Aldrete. Chili Davis followed with a two-run dinger.

Giants lead 6-2

I then came up in the 8th with two out and Eric on 2nd. Tom Niedenfuer was now pitching. I grounded out back to him.

Eric gave up a single in the 9th, but that was all, and we had the win!

I went 1 for 5 with a single.

Old 04-28-2020, 03:02 PM   #660
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 4th, 1988

Today the Giants are pitching Bruce Ruffin (3-1, 1.85) agains the visiting Cardinals and Greg Harris (1-2, 6.75).

I have limited exposure to Harris, going 0 for 2.

I led off the home half by grounding out to Tom Herr at 2nd.

The Cards opened the scoring when Mike Marshall led off the 2nd with a homer.
My first play of the game was on a Mark Salas grounder for the 3rd out of the frame.

Cardinals lead 1-0

Then in the 3rd Vince Coleman scored on a Marshall single.

Cardinals lead 2-0

I came up with one out in the 3rd and Brad Wellman on 2nd. I grounded out back to Harris and Brad moved to 3rd. Unfortunately he was unable to score.

They kept at it in the 5th when Andy Van Slyke crossed on a Willie McGee double. Then McGee scored on a Jose Uribe single.

Cardinals lead 4-0

In the 6th I handled a Harris grounder for the 1st out.

I led off the 6th by grounding out to Herr again.

Goose Gossage took over on the mound for us in the 7th.

We finally got on the board in the 7th when John Rabb scored on a Steve Stanicek triple.

Cardinals lead 4-1

After the first batter got on in the 8th, Jim brought in Bobby Thigpen to pitch for us. We immediately made a Thigpen - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Terry Pendleton and Salas. I then handled a grounder from pinch hitter Steve Balboni for the 3rd out.

I came up in the 8th with none out and pinch hitter Chili Davis on 2nd. Todd Worrell was pitching. I struck out.

Andy McGaffigan took over for us in the 9th.

We never got back in it.

It was a bad day for me as well, going 0 for 4.

Tomorrow is a travel day as we are heading to Chicago.