Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-07-2020, 10:01 AM   #21
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Kinda makes up for packs being soooooooooo dry for me lately.

Good luck to all!
Ditto
Old 04-07-2020, 02:58 PM   #22
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Frogs have leapt up into Iron 178. We have a strong team in the same division (Boston Patriots), although it's not quite a whale of a team. We shouldn't have tremendous difficulty putting this division away, but that's why we 'sim' the games.

We've started off the week on an 18-0 tear. Kinda makes up for packs being soooooooooo dry for me lately.

Good luck to all!

I cracked 25 packs the other day and got ZERO freaking golds and very few silvers, did get a live Diamond. Was so frustrated I opened 25 more and got jack there too. 2 golds out of 50 packs, crazy.

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 03:03 PM   #23
Orion
Major Leagues

Anyways, to update, Black Sox won another title but now in Bronze and things are rough. We had close to 40k from winnings and selling off Dave Steib and Ted Lyons. I don't like investing too much in SP early on, we still have Bert SE Van Dermeer and some guy named Ed Haliki who is pretty decent, plus a nice pen. I did add Dusty Baker 93 because good price (10k) and Baker and Bagwell just go together eh? I had planned on using the rest on an IF upgrade but given the fact I'm not gonna win much this year, too much competition, it seems like the wiser choice is to try and finish out the AL collection missions. We almost have it wrapped up with 19k left but still need to do that dang Yankees mission...

Meanwhile, Angel Fire plays the whale and is hoovering up free PP.

Last edited by Orion; 04-07-2020 at 03:04 PM.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:38 PM   #24
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

All 3 teams won their respective rookie leagues last week after the season before in entry pool. Now, 2 of those teams are joining up with the OL group to have some fun like last year. Those two teams have very different strategies with one leaning towards contact/speed/defense (the Rangers), and the other leaning towards power/eye (the Bombers).

The Rangers were fortunate and pulled a 97 Sisler from a tourney reward pack which was sold for 235k so that funded that team quite well. The Bombers are working on some collections and just recently completed the Blue Jays, Royals and Orioles so they're making progress too.

The Defenders are staying in their own random leagues and trying to progress.

Good luck to everyone this week (season).

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:45 AM   #25
sam10gle
Minors (Single A)

Got my first Perfect for PT21. My shortstop position is good to go

Oh, and an upgrade at RF as a bonus
Attached Images
Image Image 

F2P PT25 Reds Theme Team:

F2P PT25 Standard Packs Only:

F2P PT24:

Last edited by sam10gle; 04-08-2020 at 12:51 AM.
sam10gle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:17 AM   #26
skep
Minors (Double A)

Tuesday is through and I've got my Iron and Bronze tournament teams generally sorted.

Red Bandits 28-24
No real star performances but Jimmie Foxx has got 11 dingers and 40RBI.

Watermelon Bandits 31-21
Al Rosen is .307 with 15HR and 45RBI

Pink Bandits 37-18
John Candelaria is 8-1, Dave LaRoche and Craig Kimbrel are both sub 1ERA

Purple Bandits 31-22

Grape Bandits 33-20
Toby Harrah already putting in work.

Fuschia Bandits 30-25

skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:08 AM   #27
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes 29-28 5 games back, still 2nd in the conference in runs, 1st in home runs, Toby Harrah (14) Bagwell (14) Trout (11) leading the charge, our pitching is very hit and miss (mostly hit by opposing players) its going to be a long couple of seasons

San Angeles 70s 23-33 waaaay back managed to put a 4 game win together at the end of the sim (though they also managed 7 and 8 game losing streaks, currently almost every player is learning a new position so they have excuses. Rick Monday managed to lower his .143 BA to .129 and found himself in the auction house replaced by Bob Robertson. the pitching is obviously hurt by the current training status of players so our record isn't unexpected

Lowdown Lugnuts 25-27 4 games back. Frank Baker is mashing the ball 17 HR, i've moved him to 1b though and shifted Bill Russell to 3B with Maury Wills coming in at ss, we already lead the league in Stolen Bases, the addition of Maury should improve that. Several hitters are underperforming so there should be improvement in the future

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:37 AM   #28
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleigh View Post
Paragon City Heroes 12-16 S255 is pretty brutal, my pitching just isn't cutting it, especially the pen, but boy we score a lot of runs despite comin up against great pitching almost every game. Byung Hyun Kim who did well in Bronze has blown 4 saves and lost 5 games already. Going to be a long season.

San Angeles 70s 12-15 switching to a theme team 45 mins before the new league started was never ideal but Ive picked up a few players to flesh out the team but we've not been helped by training players in new positions and half of the lineup hitting under .200

Lowdown Lugnuts 11-15 we've had a lot of hard luck losses and faced a very tough 24-3 team. the hitting has let down the pitching so far only my new addition, Frank Baker is getting it done. I expect the offence to improve.

the main reason for the switch to a 70s F2P team for San Angeles 70s is because I love the card designs, i mean how could you not love this (yes i know i need better players )

I agree. Nice touch on the Dock Ellis card!

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:46 AM   #29
lightningbolts35
Minors (Single A)

Roger Clemens Throws No Hitter

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 10.40.53 AM.png
Views: 236
Size:  199.1 KB

lightningbolts35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:18 PM   #30
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

Finally finished the Live Missions for my Marathoners early this morning. All I needed last night was a Rick Porcello but I didn't want to pay the needed ransom, so instead I bought a slightly more expensive Michael Conforto to wrap things up. Was "fun" but I don't believe I'll pursue it with my other two teams. I got to the point of just wanting it to be over. Selling Matt Kilroy was definitely worth it, but I will miss having the card.

In actual game news the Marathoners somehow, someway, swept the San Angelo WarBirds!! The Warbirds returned the favor and then some, sweeping the Marathoners by a combined score of 34-1, including a 19-1 thrashing.

The Marathoners have a 1 game lead on the Manny Motas Yodas, who are also loaded, so it'll be a season long fight for the division.

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:12 PM   #31
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninYakAngler View Post
Finally finished the Live Missions for my Marathoners early this morning. All I needed last night was a Rick Porcello but I didn't want to pay the needed ransom, so instead I bought a slightly more expensive Michael Conforto to wrap things up. Was "fun" but I don't believe I'll pursue it with my other two teams. I got to the point of just wanting it to be over. Selling Matt Kilroy was definitely worth it, but I will miss having the card.

In actual game news the Marathoners somehow, someway, swept the San Angelo WarBirds!! The Warbirds returned the favor and then some, sweeping the Marathoners by a combined score of 34-1, including a 19-1 thrashing.

The Marathoners have a 1 game lead on the Manny Motas Yodas, who are also loaded, so it'll be a season long fight for the division.
...and your now on a 23 game win streak. Better save some wins!
Old 04-09-2020, 03:26 AM   #32
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes 43-41, 5 games back, we have a very tough start to July though back to back series vs the Black Sox and Red Devils who are both 10+ games ahead of me in the WC race. Our hitting has cooled off somewhat and our pitching outside of Maddux and Blyleven has remained ice cold. Whoever plays DH is terrible Ralph Kiner hit .173 in 250 AB and Duke Snider has started out hitting 184 in his first 60 AB. Live Mike Trout is having a really solid season .293/.390/.517 with 17HR

San Angeles 70s 35-47 way back, we had our best month of the season 11-14 and are currently not in the relegation zone. Apart from not hitting for much average or power are offence is ok. The pithcing is effected by the ongoing fielding training so i'll cut them some slack. I just wish this team could have some of the guys i've packed on my other accounts.

Lowdown Lugnuts 42-37 1 game back, a 17-9 month. merv Rettenmund decided it was time to hit and won batter of the month, hitting .391 with 5 HRS and raising his average by 60+ points. the 2 Franks, Robinson and Baker continue to pound the ball, training has gone well Buck Herzog is now 117 rated at 2B, Bill Russell is up to 80 rated at 3b he should cap out as a 97 rated 3b. Completed the Reds live mission for Bucky Walters who replaces Emil Yde in the rotation

Old 04-09-2020, 03:27 PM   #33
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Since completing the live missions, the Magpies are like the Magpies of PT20, except free of charge. It's only stone league, but it will be interesting (to me) to see how far this team can go before encountering headwinds. The tournament team chugs along grinding packs, so that I'm right now, a pack only team. The latest acquisition is live Yasmani Grandal (OVR 95)

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 174
Size:  223.7 KB

His 97 catcher ability is intriguing, so I sent Mike Piazza (SE 96) to the reserves to test it out in the very next game. Randy Johnson (stuff 113) will be facing the most strike-out prone team in the league. Let's see if I can score a rocket game.

In other news, I saw little value in a 15th batter, so Ralph Kiner (SE 96) was sent to the reserves and Adam Kolarek (75) was returned to bolster the bullpen.

EDIT: ROCKET GAME?? I must be dreaming, didn't even paint the corner with 5K.

Last edited by bailey; 04-09-2020 at 03:33 PM.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 05:26 PM   #34
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Gorgeous George

This guys is a beast....

Name:  5e8aff80ffef9f057e7ce7b5_2022-07-16_15-24-06.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  302.0 KB
Old 04-09-2020, 05:34 PM   #35
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

1947 Harry Taylor (62!) made the All Star Game in Iron League with a 3.47 ERA.

What?

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 05:42 PM   #36
bailey
Hall Of Famer

If you are unsure about completing the live missions, maybe this will aid your decision?
Attached Images

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 01:25 AM   #37
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
If you are unsure about completing the live missions, maybe this will aid your decision?
You are using players that are carrying teams in silver , of course they are going to dominate in lower tiers

Old 04-10-2020, 02:00 AM   #38
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes 64-45 2 game lead, an 18-4 July turns our season around, we managed to sweep the Red Devils and Black Sox. The Virginia Baseball Furies are giving us a tough fight. Toby Harrah and Mike Trout are my key offensive players

San Angeles 70s 52-55 4 games back, July was our first winning month going 17-8, coinciding with Campy(3b) and Fregosi (2b) getting above 70 in their new positions. not been impressed with SE Winfield so far underperforming massively. Dave Concepcion has replaced Belanger at SS

Lowdown Lugnuts 57-47 2 game lead, the plan seems to be coming together, though i really need to replace Tim Raines as he always seems to be dropping into cold streaks. Brought in Harry Rice at RF, not sure if he is doing enough with his bat to justify his lower def though, will wait and see on him

Old 04-10-2020, 02:53 AM   #39
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Frogs ended the night at 92-15 in Iron 178. The 2nd best team in the league, the Boston Patriots, is in this same division and just 9 games back. Close enough to make us sweat a little bit.

All-Stars for the Frogs: SPs Greg Maddux, Roger Clemens, Lefty Grove, and Kevin Brown. RP John Hiller. C Yogi Berra, 1B Roger Connor, 2B Charlie Gehringer, CF Ichiro Suzuki, RF Carl Yastrzemski, DH Ted Williams. The Mechanical Man was the leading vote getter in either league with 2,492,441 votes.

Ted Williams could make a run at the Triple Crown if he wasn't such a bum with batting average. Williams is only hitting .327 to go with 32 HR and 113 RBI. Needs to re-read his copy of The Science of Hitting.

Ripped about 100 packs earlier tonight and my streak of not getting anything decent was finally broken when 100 Rob Dibble popped out. Now, a bullpen of 99 John Hiller and 100 Dibble setting up for 99 Trevor Hoffman is nice.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 06:10 AM   #40
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Black Knights and Sun Kings will be position training for the rest of the season. On the bright side, I used the statistics I've compiled to optimize their Bronze tourney rosters, and since then the Black Knights have performed pretty well. Only a pair of 3rd/4th places in 6 32-team tourneys, but in 12 16-team tournaments (where you would expect, by random chance, 1.5 finals appearances and 1.5 3rd/4th place finishes), I've won 1, come in second FIVE times, and finished in 3rd or 4th 3 times, meaning I've only been knocked out in the first 2 rounds 3 times. Meanwhile the Sun Kings have entered one tournament since I installed their new roster, a Bo3 in which I lost the first game then won 8 in a row to win the tourney, hitting over .300 with an .860 OPS and a 2.67 ERA.

White Tigers are second in the AC West in S.255 at 58-50, we're 22 1/2 games back of Flagstaff in the division, 11 1/2 games back of Charlotte for the first wild card spot, but 7 1/2 games up on St. Louis for the second wildcard spot. We haven't really gotten any good cards for the main team recently, we did get a 100 Liriano but he's worse than the diamonds I've got. At least I could plug him into my live tourney roster, right now we're down 3-2 in the finals of a 32-teamer where we, with 3 100 OVR cards, are coming off 4-1 series wins over a team with 6 and a team with 9. What I DID get was a few good gold players, and I've compiled statistics to optimize my rosters for that too. Also did that for Silver but I'm not doing as well in those.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote