Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-05-2020, 07:30 AM   #61
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

The Mizzou Marathoners started off slow (6-13) and spent most of the season chasing Hong Kong Pok Gals, who they caught early June and won the division by 13 games with a record of 105-57. The Marathoners had 59 players accumulate stats this season, as better players were added constantly through the Live missions. We've finally completed the AL missions, and have 10 teams to finish in the NL.

The Mizzou Battle Corgis won their division with a record of 86-76 after battling relegation all last season. Next season should be a disaster.
This team is pack only and has had no luck at all.

The Mizzou YakAnglers (62-100) survived relegation by putting 2 on the board in the bottom of the 9th to tie the game, and Paul O'Neil hit a walk-off HR in the bottom of the 11th to escape by one game.

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:45 AM   #62
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

The Arequipa Alpacas finished their season with a new purpose - in addition to ripping packs, they will be playing in Bronze tournaments in order to - what else? - get more packs.

And in their first-ever tournament, they...lost a series in seven games that would have guaranteed them at least one pack had they won. Oh well, at least it shows they can compete in bronze-level tournaments and get more packs. Which will enable them to get more bronze cards (and hopefully other cards for league play)

Speaking of which, the Alpacas went on a bit of a tear at the end of the season, which enabled them to rise from 5th place to 2nd place...albeit with a 79-83 record and 21 games back. But, given the bell curve distribution of wins in Stone .123, 79-83 was just enough to sneak into the 16th and final promotion spot. We're going to Iron, baby!

The Secret Harbour Pirates will also be plying their trade in Iron next season. An 86-76 record was more than enough to see us through, and in fact the Pirates just missed out on a WC spot by one game. I can point to the exact game, too - a 9-2 loss to the Panama City Mosquitos (the team that pipped us to the spot). We went 5-1 against them down the stretch, but that "1" made a big difference.

This week, the Pirates completed six missions. Of the six, four cards are currently plying their trade with the team while the other two have been sold on. Juan Guzman will probably join them very shortly due to a disappointing to say the least (7.31 ERA, 1.85 WHIP, 59 ERA+, 2.2 K/BB) performance. Jason Kendall was acquired to fill the hole at catcher (easily our weak spot in the lineup) while Harold Baines (or is that Blake Treinen?) is a backup OF. Finally, I completed the Royals mission (wasn't really on my radar at the time) as Bret Saberhagen was acquired on a recommendation. He joined us in September, and his record in his six starts (3-0, 1.93 ERA, 1.02 WHIP 224 ERA+), although a small sample size, was a big reason why the Pirates made another late run.

The Lynn Live Oaks of course have their own thread, but in the interests of completeness they finished 84-78. After bouncing between 1st and 2nd for most of the season, the Live Oaks faded down the stretch, finishing in 3rd. But point generation and card collection is the name of the game in Massachusetts right now, and the Oaks did finish high enough to earn promotion to Stone at the second time of asking.

As for the other two teams, the Bibra Lake Quendas, still on the hunt for a reasonably priced Future Legend or two, did cross the 30,000 PP threshold this week. Excitingly, the Quendas managed to win their division without even trying and will go for a Rookie trophy. With no obvious whales in their league, they have as good a chance as anyone. At least we know that they will be promoted next season. The Missions...well, it wasn't a great season. 77-85, 4th place, and only around 6,000PP generated. Moving on. Better luck next year!

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:05 AM   #63
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Collingwood Romps in Rookie League

Collingwood is back for PT 3.0, but the free-spending ways of GM Bailey are a thing of the past. "My PT budget is blown for the next 10 (real life) years!" claims Bailey. As a result of this unusual parsimonious outlook, it was only at the All-Star break that Yogi Berra (100) joined the team. Thereafter, the team rolled to a 58-6 finish which included winning streaks of 22 and 18. It was not enough to secure the best record in the Rookie League. The Minneapolis Muskies have that honor with 130 wins to Collingwood's 125. An astonishing 63 players suited up for the Magpies for at least 1 game, but in the end, only 2 players that are not “Special Edition” make the post-season squad. Roger Peckinpaugh (96-Snapshot) was acquired in the first Challenge Mode pack. A natural SS, he was moved to train at 2B to make room for Tulowitzki (91-SE). Probably not a smart move, since I knew Cano (97-SE) was coming, but I did not expect Longoria (91-SE) to be such a bust at 3B. So now, I have Cano training at 3B and he is at 46 DEF for the playoffs. That will have to do. The other player is the surprising Adam Kolarek (75-Live) who impressed with 2.33 ERA in 23 games and the fact that the SE live collection lacked relievers. One of the earliest SE arrivals was Chuck Klein who won the batting title on the last day ahead of Minneapolis' Mickey Mantle (100) and led the league in RBI, but his 44 HR fell 4 short for the Triple Crown.
Attached Images

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:23 AM   #64
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
One of the earliest SE arrivals was Chuck Klein who won the batting title on the last day ahead of Minneapolis' Mickey Mantle (100) and led the league in RBI, but his 44 HR fell 4 short for the Triple Crown.
Was considering working on the Phillies next. That pretty much clinches it for me. Thanks

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:14 AM   #65
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Juan Guzman will probably join them very shortly due to a disappointing to say the least (7.31 ERA, 1.85 WHIP, 59 ERA+, 2.2 K/BB) performance.
juan has been very solid for me in all but one outing in iron (where he lasted 0.1 innings) every start other than that has been 6 innings+ with a 1.29WHIP, though my team that he's in has been built with a very strong infield defence

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 11:59 AM   #66
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

The San Angelo Warbirds (146-16 - +850) finished first in the league holding off the Nomadic Developers crazy (60-4) post all star break run.

Warbirds collected 57K pp so far which include a Perfect Game and Triple Crown by Lefty Gomez. Several personal, season ending, awards will push this total well over 60K PP.

The Erie 'Live' Ghosts finished (114-48 - +498). This was good enough for 3rd overall but due to the division alignment the Ghosts are in the first WC spot. The Ghosts had a (-12 Pyt) so there is some hope for a second consecutive championship.
i am still excited to see what this Team will be able to do with a Live roster in the coming weeks.

Rockport Rumblefish finished (96-66 - +170) and out of the last
Wild Card spot. This is a defence first team so you sure notice the difference in PP generation.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:56 PM   #67
naterg1
Major Leagues

The Los Angeles Pink Rabbits lost in the Wildcard Round for the second straight season. This was was heartbreaking.

Leading 2-1 in the bottom of the 8th, Noah Syndergaard gave up a 2-run homer and fell behind in the game.

In the top of the 9th with one out, Justin Turner tripled, putting the tying run 90 feet away. Trea Turner attempted a suicide squeeze but Turner was out at the plate. One batter later, the season was over.
naterg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 01:48 PM   #68
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
White Tigers finish at 123-39 in the AC East in B.201, best in the league by 2 games over Marshall in the NC East.
Quote:
Anyway, that's the second straight season all 6 have made the playoffs. Last year I had 3 one-seeds and only made it to the finals with a wild card team (who lost). This year I have a one-seed and four two-seeds, hopefully things might actually go right for once.
Well, we got swept in the division series.

I don't know what the point of doing this is, we're obviously never going to win a championship in PT21, same as PT20.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:24 PM   #69
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Well, we got swept in the division series.

I don't know what the point of doing this is, we're obviously never going to win a championship in PT21, same as PT20.

Black Knights in PT21 and Golden Lions in PT20 both lost in the divisional round to the 3 seed. Black Panthers in PT20 lost in the wild card. Sun Kings in PT21 advanced in 5 games, White Tigers in PT20 advanced in 4.

Last edited by Warhawk; 04-05-2020 at 07:01 PM.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:40 PM   #70
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
As expected, I won 152 games in the regular season and barely won by my first playoff series.. I KNEW that would happen.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:51 PM   #71
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

well, this didn't future out as I planned.
Attached Images

HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:55 PM   #72
skep
Minors (Double A)

Red Bandits have been eliminated but will be promoted.

Watermelon Bandits have been eliminated but will be promoted.

Pink Bandits have been eliminated but will be promoted.

Oh well, will just focus on the tournaments then.

skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:58 PM   #73
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDodgers View Post
well, this didn't future out as I planned.
This was the first game, so in two games I have given up 9 runs in the last inning of game one, and 20 runs in the last inning of game two.

Ugh.
Attached Images

HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:59 PM   #74
Snowball
Minors (Rookie Ball)

130-32 during regular season, Jeff Bagwell won the triple crown

Barely won in the division series 3-2 vs the wild card team(85-78)

Last edited by Snowball; 04-05-2020 at 03:02 PM.
Snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 04:57 PM   #75
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

I176: Get Used to This

As PT 21 marches on, I get the feeling this Iron Level Series is one with a high probability of being repeated in Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond, and perhaps even Perfect...
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 04:59 PM   #76
Maddox
All Star Reserve

My two teams both are in the playoffs

The Decatur Firefighters are advancing to the championship after having the best regular season record in Stone 117. This is my second year playing perfect team since I seemed to have skipped last year for some reason and it is only my second time I believe making it to the Championship. Fingers Crossed but my bullpen is suspect.

-------

The Decatur Defenders made the wildcard round but lost that game. Three of my position players were learning their positions from scratch this season.

I tweaked my bullpen towards the end of the season. I also just replaced Eric Hosmer at first with Red Schoendienst, who still has to learn the position but can't do any worse than Hosmer at the plate.

I'd still like to find a premium defender in RF who can hit above the .219 avg I got out of Orsulak.

Robert Maranville could not hit his way out of a paoer bag but he batted 9th and his 117 rated defense at 3B will keep him there for now.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 05:00 PM   #77
daves
Hall Of Famer

My Rookie season and there was only one team to beat. But, the Seawolves fell in 7 games. Very close series. 137 regular season wins wasn't enough! Vikings had home field with 141 wins and that made a difference in this one.

Hopefully the Stone league will be easier?
Attached Images

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 05:00 PM   #78
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes lost 4-1 in the second round to the Marshall Cardinals which is fair enough, they have a much better pen, Bender is a better starter than anyone i can put forward, and the offences are fairly similar

Pack Rats swept round 1, got beaten 4-1 by the no1 seed Long Island Monks who feature a few collection players

The Lugnuts won round 1 3-1 then beat the Seattle Danimals 4-3 winning 3 straight after facing elimination, we face the top seed from the AC Columbus Newsies

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 05:28 PM   #79
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs have long since qualified for promotion to Iron next week, but we're actively trying to add another pretty medallion to the banner before we go.

We've engineered a blowout in nearly every playoff game so far (closest win was 8-4) except for the game we got blown out 9-1.
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 05:36 PM   #80
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
The Erie 'Live' Ghosts finished (114-48 - +498). This was good enough for 3rd overall but due to the division alignment the Ghosts are in the first WC spot. The Ghosts had a (-12 Pyt) so there is some hope for a second consecutive championship.
Not to mention that this team has been giving me fits in the LIVE tourneys!

At least I knocked off your 3rd team in a gold tourney yesterday (I think). I have to take my consolation prize when I can get it.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote