Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-29-2020, 05:00 PM   #141
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
Warbirds (149-13) made playoffs - RL

'Live Ghosts" (119-43) made playoffs - RL

Rumblefish (87-75 ) no layoffs - IL
I would love to update this but I currently 'can't sync my response'
Old 03-29-2020, 05:02 PM   #142
skep
Minors (Double A)

Red Bandits have been eliminated.

Watermelon Bandits have been eliminated.

Pink Bandits have advanced! Will face the Tatooine Tusken Raiders for the title!

skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:40 PM   #143
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

How Do You Know When You Won't Be Winning a Single Game in a Series?

When something like this happens...

(Still don't care, just thrilled to be in the series!)
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:53 PM   #144
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

ST155: So Close!

Almost got 'em! (Once!)

Congrats to the awesome Blake Street Bombers on their absolute annihilation of Stone 155! Here's hoping the Huntley Red Raiders do not run into you again anytime soon.

(Also, it's true what others have been saying: Perfect Team has absolutely no idea how long any postseason series is. Please fix!)
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:02 PM   #145
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Not a bad start.
Attached Images

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:05 PM   #146
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
But it's good to see that no one on the Rumblefish will lose their job in these trying times.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:29 PM   #147
Caedus
Minors (Single A)

Sold Benitez for 100K and just ripped 90 packs.

Not a single diamond, live or otherwise...

But I did rip my first historical perfect, Legend Kershaw. Who I think I'll keep. I sold the only other historical perfect I ever pulled (100 Boggs in XX) and I regretted it. Won't make the same mistake.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:37 PM   #148
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Coons lose in six, Mets lose in five.

Now it's finally like last year.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:40 PM   #149
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
The WARBIRDS win their Rookie League.

The GHOSTS win their Rookie League.

I am very interested to see how this LIVE team competes throughout the seasons.
At some point i assume i will add some ALL-Stars, POTM etc.
They have been wining a lot of LIVE tourneys (8 packs during the playoffs alone)

The RUMBLEFISH didn't make the Iron League playoffs...but the progress is going well and they have been raking GOLD tourneys.

Good luck next week!
Old 03-29-2020, 06:41 PM   #150
sam10gle
Minors (Single A)

88-74 in the Stone league. Not enough to make the playoffs, but enough to get bumped up next week.

F2P PT25 Reds Theme Team:

F2P PT25 Standard Packs Only:

F2P PT24:

sam10gle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:46 PM   #151
skep
Minors (Double A)

Pink Bandits win it all!

Ellis Kinder was the real star of the show going 19-2, 2.02 ERA, 2.54 FIP, .88 WHIP

skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:33 PM   #152
lightningbolts35
Minors (Single A)

Jonestown Rockhounds inaugural season (Iron 168) was filled with hope but ended in disappointment. The Hounds got off to a slow start but got hot mid season to finish with best record in the AC. The best team in the NC and in entire Iron 168 League was the Pappillion Storm Chasers (a team of 16 Perfects and 10 Diamonds) who finished the season with a robust 156-6 record. The Rockhounds (a team of 1 Perfect, 24 Diamond, and 1 Gold) finished with a record of 133-29. Unfortunately for the Hounds, they were bounced in League Championship Series 4-3 by the Durham Yonkavators ( a team of 2 Perfects, 9 Diamonds, 14 Golds, and 1 Silver) who finished the season with a 115-47 record. In the Iron League Championship Series, Pappillion defeated Durham 4 games to 3. Jonestown will be promoted to bronze league for the next season.

lightningbolts35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:41 PM   #153
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
As expected, the Chiles and Clippers went out in round one and the Broncos are in the Finals
Broncos lost in 6 to a whale who had a 120-42 record. Good year overall.

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:08 PM   #154
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
So all 6 of my PT 20&21 teams made the playoffs. 3 as the top seed in their conference, one as the second seed, two as wild cards. The PT21 White Tigers swept the division series and took the first 2 games of the sub-league series, then lost 4 in a row. The PT21 Sun Kings won the division series and took the first game of the sub-league series, then lost 4 in a row. The PT20 White Tigers lost the division series 3-1, the PT20 Golden Lions won the first two games of the division series then lost 3 in a row, and the PT20 Black Panthers lost the wild card. The only team I have who still has a chance to even make it to the finals now is the PT21 Black Knights, who won the wild card, won 3 in a row to win the division series 3-1, and are currently up 3-2 in the sub-league series.

So yeah I'm basically pretty cursed. White Tigers still have never won a championship in PT20, neither did the Golden Lions.
Black Knights lost in the final 4-2. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if I never win a PT21 championship, my teams always lose in the playoffs, no matter who they're playing or how well I did in the regular season.

Anyway, in terms of awards, Black Knights only had a single silver slugger, Machado at third base. Sun Kings had the best record in the league, but picked up just the reliever of the year (Shuey, who got 25 first place votes) and a single gold glove (Arenado). Marquez came in second in the Cy Young. That's the other thing I do besides lose in the playoffs, come in second in the Cy Young and MVP. Or second and third. Or second, third, and fourth, like the White Tigers did, with Snider placing second, Bagwell placing third, and Yastrzemski placing fourth. At least we got five silver sluggers and a gold glove. Pretty sure back in PT20 I got ten times more second place finishes in the MVP and Cy Young than wins.

Really don't know what else to do. No matter how good a season I have, at whatever level, with whatever team, I always lose in the playoffs and come in second in one or both awards. Can't win anything, ever. The two gold level championships I won in PT20 with one of my secondary teams were even while I was on hiatus, so I didn't even get to enjoy them. The other 68 combined playoff appearances I've had in the two games, nothing.

Last edited by Warhawk; 03-29-2020 at 08:12 PM.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:19 PM   #155
Magus978
All Star Starter

Magus Team Recap
Steelport Saints (I178) - Finished with a 133-29 record, including a mind-boggling 53-4 in their final 57 games. Swept the first two rounds of the playoffs against the wildcard Singapore Sluggers and the AC East champion Tasmanian Tides. Faced the Ravenna Roadrunners in the World Series after they knocked off 138-win H-Town Herd. While they prevented us from running the table, we finished them off in five games for our first of what I hope will be many titles. Jeff Bagwell, winner of the triple crown, was named AC MVP, hitting .333 with 46 HR and 146 RBI.

New York Patriots (ST160, BFF F2P) - The Patriots sauntered to a 69-93 record after completely crumbling in the second half. They avoid relegation to rookie on a technicality due to holding a better record against the California Darlings, who also finished 69-93. If the Patriots are going to do anything next season, they will need a lot more from the worst offense in the league, having scored the least runs out of everyone (609).

Numazu Aqours (ST130, F2P) - A 72-90 season usually means at least one aspect of the team was completely worthless. In this case, the problem was two-fold. The team had a conference-worst .234 batting average, and a 2nd-worst 4.95 starting pitcher ERA. While they avoided relegation to rookie by 10 games, they will need to hit better and pitch better to even consider making a challenge for promotion anytime soon.

Otonokizaka Muse (ST121, OL F2P) - The Muse managed to survive despite a 66-96 record, holding the tiebreaker with the New York Aqua Sox 6-0. Their offense was a hot mess, with only Miller Huggins (.279, 13 HR, 61 RBI) registering a batting average higher than .260. In a nice surprise, Mike Morgan (14-9, 2.35) was rewarded for his effort this season with the pitcher of the year award! The pitching and defense were bright spots in an otherwise worthless season. They will hope for better things in 2021 as Our League play officially begins.

Pittsburgh Crawfords (ST125, Unrestricted BFF F2P) - The Crawfords ended up as another failed Magus team, going 72-90. However, like the other failed Magus teams, they too avoided relegation! Not really much to say one way or the other on this team, they were as bland as the rest of my teams.

Brooklyn Dynasty (Entry Pool, F2P) - They've had some bad pack luck and have only packed gold+ lives except for Ira Flagstead. They will join the fight in rookie tomorrow.

I will also be making two more teams on Monday morning. One will be fully pack-only, the other will be a decade themed team. Not sure which decade yet.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:07 PM   #156
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Magus Team Recap
Steelport Saints (I178) - Finished with a 133-29 record, including a mind-boggling 53-4 in their final 57 games. Swept the first two rounds of the playoffs against the wildcard Singapore Sluggers and the AC East champion Tasmanian Tides. Faced the Ravenna Roadrunners in the World Series after they knocked off 138-win H-Town Herd. While they prevented us from running the table, we finished them off in five games for our first of what I hope will be many titles. Jeff Bagwell, winner of the triple crown, was named AC MVP, hitting .333 with 46 HR and 146 RBI.

New York Patriots (ST160, BFF F2P) - The Patriots sauntered to a 69-93 record after completely crumbling in the second half. They avoid relegation to rookie on a technicality due to holding a better record against the California Darlings, who also finished 69-93. If the Patriots are going to do anything next season, they will need a lot more from the worst offense in the league, having scored the least runs out of everyone (609).

Numazu Aqours (ST130, F2P) - A 72-90 season usually means at least one aspect of the team was completely worthless. In this case, the problem was two-fold. The team had a conference-worst .234 batting average, and a 2nd-worst 4.95 starting pitcher ERA. While they avoided relegation to rookie by 10 games, they will need to hit better and pitch better to even consider making a challenge for promotion anytime soon.

Otonokizaka Muse (ST121, OL F2P) - The Muse managed to survive despite a 66-96 record, holding the tiebreaker with the New York Aqua Sox 6-0. Their offense was a hot mess, with only Miller Huggins (.279, 13 HR, 61 RBI) registering a batting average higher than .260. In a nice surprise, Mike Morgan (14-9, 2.35) was rewarded for his effort this season with the pitcher of the year award! The pitching and defense were bright spots in an otherwise worthless season. They will hope for better things in 2021 as Our League play officially begins.

Pittsburgh Crawfords (ST125, Unrestricted BFF F2P) - The Crawfords ended up as another failed Magus team, going 72-90. However, like the other failed Magus teams, they too avoided relegation! Not really much to say one way or the other on this team, they were as bland as the rest of my teams.

Brooklyn Dynasty (Entry Pool, F2P) - They've had some bad pack luck and have only packed gold+ lives except for Ira Flagstead. They will join the fight in rookie tomorrow.

I will also be making two more teams on Monday morning. One will be fully pack-only, the other will be a decade themed team. Not sure which decade yet.
it has to be the 80's!
Old 03-29-2020, 09:20 PM   #157
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
it has to be the 80's!
I attempted 80's in PT 20. That didn't get very far. I might attempt the 90's.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:39 PM   #158
Perceptor
Minors (Triple A)

Won my division but lost in the opening round playoff series to the wild card team who also happened to be the 2nd best team and the eventual champs. My bullpen, who had a strong regular season, blew it in the playoffs.

Here’s hoping my acquisition of Lee Smith will shore up that part.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:39 PM   #159
Orion
Major Leagues

Well well. With Angel Fire getting all the attention this weekl, the team that was the Direwolves, a former Dodger theme team, had been a bit neglected,. Other than a couple logins to work on collections, we ran most of the season on autopilot. While they were doing pretty well at midseason, when I checked on them again near the end of the season they had pulled away nicely and made a good profit doing so. SE Bagwell led the team and was MVP, some of these new SE cards are seriously OP. I had a bunch of Astros in my starter pack and getting him was the obvious choice so we added him early on by completing the Houston mission rather easily with only a $10 PP buy to get the ball rolling. He smashed 50 HR while hitting .345 and narrowly missing a triple crown. We didn't have a ton around him but did have 97 Bregman and SE Tulo along with some solid gold cards and a couple silvers. Was enough for the team to lead the team in runs scored while earning over 20k just in the regular season. Nothing like a playoff run to engage a distracted owner: we looked forward to our first playoff run of 2021 and the new schedule. I considered rebranding (this isn't a dodger team anymore) as an obvious dig on the Asterisks, but decided on something a bit more subtle and renamed the team the Swamptown Black Sox while coming up with a new theme and (future) stadium design rather different from what I had done last year.

Made it all the way to the series by brushing past teams with limited talent to face what is one of the coolest teams I've ever seen, the Tee'too O'Sixers sporting a roster of only dead ball era pre 1920 players. They brought a lineup and rotation of mostly platinum guys. With 86 Greinke our top pitcher,I didn't feel like we had much of a chance against the likes of Ed Walsh and Christy Matthewson. Still, having come this far, I felt we should take a shot and before the series took the season's profits and grabbed two legit starters (on the cheap, the Live collections have warped the AH) that will fit this team's concept. Added 96 Vandermeer and 91 Staub and inserted them right before the series started in the hopes of making it competitive.. Reality called, and I went over to a friends house. I come back and Vandermeer was excellent, leading us to a surprise 4-1 title over what was a much deeper club. I actually feel kinda bad beating the awesome ole timer team by adding 2 mercenary SP's that weren't on the club all season, but I wanted to have a shot at winning and win we did! Stone League champs, it's on to Iron with 12k PP left over to work on completing more missions and maybe add another AH player. Very fun!

PS will stone give a medal on team page?

Last edited by Orion; 03-29-2020 at 10:55 PM.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:03 PM   #160
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Okay, I know why nobody likes me. Three minutes prior to Game 1 in the Rookie Series I pop whatever the Coons have left in packs and grab live Max Scherzer. That's gonna be a surprise to the opponent.

Oh, I have no empathy for that guy. He uses a Yankees logo.

Mets squeezed into the Rookie Series as well, winning their LCS in seven.
I got a live Scherzer out of a pack myself. I had thought to sell him but in my zombie-state mindlessly grinding the live collection well after midnight I accidentally locked him in so he's here for good. He dominated with an ERA under 2.5 and made a very good impression. I think his array of pitches allows him to perform better than his raw triple stats would suggest.

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote