Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-30-2018, 10:53 AM   #1
WBTyler939
Minors (Single A)

Auction House Sorting

I know this has been brought up several times but I've yet to see a response from Markus or anyone on the OOTP team, so here goes again.

I'd love to see more sorting capabilities in the Auction House, particularly for specific player attributes. Examples include minimums for things like contact, home run power, speed, movement, etc.

This would save so much time in the Auction House, and I don't think there is any downside to this.

Thanks for your time!
WBTyler939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:05 PM   #2
Socali
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBTyler939 View Post
I know this has been brought up several times but I've yet to see a response from Markus or anyone on the OOTP team, so here goes again.

I'd love to see more sorting capabilities in the Auction House, particularly for specific player attributes. Examples include minimums for things like contact, home run power, speed, movement, etc.

This would save so much time in the Auction House, and I don't think there is any downside to this.

Thanks for your time!
Would be nice, huh?
Socali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:12 PM   #3
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Sort by buy it now low to high

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:36 PM   #4
Socali
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirmenSmith View Post
Sort by buy it now low to high
It isn't so much about being able to sort but being able to sort through more criteria. Such as all catchers ability rating, etc. This ability would help particularly for players you are not familiar with...saving a lot of time in researching, particularly for those that can't invest that much time into it. We are able to do this very thing in player search but not in auction house as far as i know.

(Also those whose memory bank is not as efficient as others are .)
Old 12-01-2018, 02:10 PM   #5
ike121212
All Star Reserve

The fact that I still can't filter very basic things, like L/R makes me angry.
ike121212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 11:00 PM   #6
daves
Hall Of Famer

I agree with this. Sometimes you want the best defensive SS or best contact, power etc. The auction sorting is very limited.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:23 PM   #7
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

This has to be the 100th time someone has mentioned (a dozen of which have come from me) but I haven't seen it reported as an upcoming feature. In fairness, it would require a big update on the layout of the auction house.
ASURay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:33 PM   #8
WBTyler939
Minors (Single A)

Still hoping for a response from Markus or anyone else at OOTP...
WBTyler939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:52 PM   #9
Bagpipes5
Major Leagues

One thing I didn't notice is you can search for a specific team by typing their abbreviaton in the name field. Say you want to search for Indians then type CLE in the name field. Braves? Put ATL i the name field. And so on. I didn't know this and never saw this posted anywhere and you may still need to weed out some players but this helped me tremendously in tracking some cards down.
Bagpipes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:09 AM   #10
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpipes5 View Post
One thing I didn't notice is you can search for a specific team by typing their abbreviaton in the name field. Say you want to search for Indians then type CLE in the name field. Braves? Put ATL i the name field. And so on. I didn't know this and never saw this posted anywhere and you may still need to weed out some players but this helped me tremendously in tracking some cards down.
FYI it also seems to work if you search for the full city name. So typing in "Montreal" will return all players with Expos cards on the market. Or I've typed in the abbreviation with a comma ("mon,") to at least prevent guys like "Montgomery" from showing up, although you do still get guys like Blackmon or Florimon in that search.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:29 AM   #11
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Typing the team name also works in addition to the city (ie searching "Astros" brings up players on the Astros)
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:02 AM   #12
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike121212 View Post
The fact that I still can't filter very basic things, like L/R makes me angry.
Unfortunatley this is harder to do that you think, as the server does only have the raw ratings and not the detailed ones you see when the player is in OOTP. So, this will likely not happen anytime soon.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:23 AM   #13
Socali
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Unfortunatley this is harder to do that you think, as the server does only have the raw ratings and not the detailed ones you see when the player is in OOTP. So, this will likely not happen anytime soon.
Thank you for that feedback, Markus! That would be a tremendous feature-add to Auction House.

Really enjoying your beautiful game.