Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > Auction House Forum

Auction House Forum Looking for a particular card? Found a steal? Post here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 05:18 PM   #1
waylander
Minors (Double A)

Shady Auction House Thread

I figured it would be good to post a thread about shady auction house deals we find, to safeguard against individuals using multiple teams to funnel PP.

Here is one: 7k pp for a 61 2nd baseman. Hmm.
Attached Images
Old 11-23-2018, 08:11 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Did you actually see the auction listing? The stats could be bugged.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:26 PM   #3
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Likely way back when before the bronze market collapsed (and maybe there were less safeguards in place back then as well). Good thing it happened in the beta, worth seeing if it's happened in other cases to see how rampant it is (which I'd imagine Markus and them could do much quicker).
Old 11-24-2018, 12:15 AM   #4
waylander
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Did you actually see the auction listing? The stats could be bugged.
Could be, but you don't think 7,000 PP is a wee much for a bronze player, even in the first few cycles?
Old 11-24-2018, 12:33 AM   #5
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

I know in NHL HUT modes, you use a 2nd team, play a few games and get your coins and then on your main account, you post a scrub player and buy him so you basically transfer over your coins that way. Delete the team and repeat. I dont think you can delete a team here but I would not doubt that people will do this here as if you use the 2 other teams you have available to you, you basically get free PP every season and could collect a large amount pretty quickly
Old 11-24-2018, 12:37 AM   #6
<Pion>
All Star Starter

I was worried that someone might try to get a valuable player onto another team by setting up a low Buy Now and picking him up before anyone noticed. The one I saw had a 300PP Buy Now. He normally goes in the 1000 to 1150 range. I snagged him and he's hit .320 in 40 games.

Maybe it was someone who did not know the value or hates Mets or hates Reyes. Markus says he's they are also watching for low valued players changing teams to same owner.
Old 11-24-2018, 12:41 AM   #7
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish View Post
I know in NHL HUT modes, you use a 2nd team, play a few games and get your coins and then on your main account, you post a scrub player and buy him so you basically transfer over your coins that way. Delete the team and repeat. I dont think you can delete a team here but I would not doubt that people will do this here as if you use the 2 other teams you have available to you, you basically get free PP every season and could collect a large amount pretty quickly
There are controls in place to prevent that, so you can't transfer PP between accounts.
Old 11-24-2018, 01:04 AM   #8
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylander View Post
Could be, but you don't think 7,000 PP is a wee much for a bronze player, even in the first few cycles?
Sure. I am saying that the price may be an error.
Old 11-24-2018, 12:54 PM   #9
waylander
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Sure. I am saying that the price may be an error.
Either way the dev's know about it now
Old 11-24-2018, 01:40 PM   #10
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylander View Post
Either way the dev's know about it now
I am not saying you shouldn't report it. I was asking if you saw the auction.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:58 PM   #11
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
There are controls in place to prevent that, so you can't transfer PP between accounts.
That is great to hear
Old 11-24-2018, 09:58 PM   #12
crowhop
Minors (Triple A)

Is there anything in the terms of service which makes this illegal?
Old 11-24-2018, 11:57 PM   #13
ike121212
All Star Reserve

If promotion/relegation fixes all pay shop related balance issues, then it handles these too.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:56 PM   #14
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike121212 View Post
If promotion/relegation fixes all pay shop related balance issues, then it handles these too.
No it doesn't. There is one AH for all leagues.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:59 PM   #15
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

I don't like this. How is this different from posting a team up here and saying that they have too many diamonds and perfects for your liking?

Personally I don't think people should be able to have more than one account. But since we can, I don't think things like this should be done publicly unless it's clear that the devs aren't able to handle it. It's just going to cause arguments and nonsense.

Last edited by One Post Wonder; 11-25-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:24 PM   #16
ike121212
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
No it doesn't. There is one AH for all leagues.
Sure it does. They are moving points between accounts, at a heavy tax. Net effect is no different than buying points. If you're comfortable that promotion/relegation fixes one, then it fixes both.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:33 PM   #17
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Sure it does. They are moving points between accounts, at a heavy tax. Net effect is no different than buying points. If you're comfortable that promotion/relegation fixes one, then it fixes both.
Yeah ok, cheating doesn't matter, not even to the teams that lose to cheating teams in the season they cheated in. I'm sure you'll get a lot of support on that.
Old 11-25-2018, 06:00 PM   #18
ike121212
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
Yeah ok, paying to win doesn't matter, not even to the teams that lose to paying teams in the season they paid in. I'm sure you'll get a lot of support on that.
Draw the lines wherever you like. My point if that multiple accounts and $ have the exact same effect on the health of the universe. It doesn't really matter to me whether the team ahead of me has multiple teams or paid. I can't tell the difference.

Change cheating to paying in your comment, and everyone will jump in and tell you promotion/relegation takes care of everything. The only difference here is revenue.
Old 11-25-2018, 06:14 PM   #19
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Draw the lines wherever you like. My point if that multiple accounts and $ have the exact same effect on the health of the universe. It doesn't really matter to me whether the team ahead of me has multiple teams or paid. I can't tell the difference.

Change cheating to paying in your comment, and everyone will jump in and tell you promotion/relegation takes care of everything. The only difference here is revenue.
Yep, the difference is pretty huge. No revenue vs revenue.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:56 AM   #20
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

We're aware of these, but since this is still the beta we've been monitoring that kind of activity to learn what forms auction house exploitation might take - but not taking action yet. Once play begins for real, we will be aggressive about banning anyone violating the terms of service.

We will not pe publicly discussing how we monitor PT activities in detail and who got banned, by the way. This is normal practice in the industry.
Closed Thread