Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-26-2018, 09:19 AM   #1
McElwaine
Minors (Single A)

Trade Deadline Roster Update

Will OOTP 19 have a Trade Deadline Roster Update this year? I've been wanting it to happen since OOTP 14. I would like them to do it since NBA 2K, EA MADDEN NFL, FIFA (TRANSFERS), NBA LIVE, MLB THE SHOW all do it. Please do it this year! Thank you!
McElwaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 12:32 PM   #2
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McElwaine View Post
Will OOTP 19 have a Trade Deadline Roster Update this year? I've been wanting it to happen since OOTP 14. I would like them to do it since NBA 2K, EA MADDEN NFL, FIFA (TRANSFERS), NBA LIVE, MLB THE SHOW all do it. Please do it this year! Thank you!
Not likely. If you're a long-time OOTP user, then you know that OOTP doesn't function like those games in terms of roster files. Keep an eye on the mods section or post your request there. The only chance is a member of the community doing them on his/her own. But that's A LOT of work.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:50 PM   #3
philthepat

I've created a fully updated roster with all the trades, signings and waiver claims completed on the correct dates, all current injuries up to date and all draft picks on their correct teams. It will be a quick start which will start on Aug 1st. Will be releasing it on 1st August once the deadline has passed. Will enable anyone who is interested to play from the current 'real life' roster situation.

Oh and the histories of players updated to reflect a waiver claim or signing too, just because my OCD wouldn't let me not update that! heh

Last edited by philthepat; 07-26-2018 at 04:54 PM.
philthepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:30 AM   #4
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philthepat View Post
I've created a fully updated roster with all the trades, signings and waiver claims completed on the correct dates, all current injuries up to date and all draft picks on their correct teams. It will be a quick start which will start on Aug 1st. Will be releasing it on 1st August once the deadline has passed. Will enable anyone who is interested to play from the current 'real life' roster situation.

Oh and the histories of players updated to reflect a waiver claim or signing too, just because my OCD wouldn't let me not update that! heh
Well done!
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:16 PM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Actually we do do a trade deadline/September 1st roster update each year, but it's not really an official feature, so we release it as a mod, rather than as an "official" part of the game (you can fin d last year's version here if you want to look: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=281828).

We're definitely planning on doing the same this year (and hopefully to release it a bit sooner than we did last year as well. We're actually already working on it now

it won't be quite as in depth as the initial release last year (or what Philis doing above either) which had updated stats, standings up to September 1st etc.etc.

This will just start at the beginning of the season with updated transactions as of either the trade deadline or September 1st (not sure which yet) and maybe a handful of updated ratings for a few guys. The draft picks will still be in the draft pool, not on their current teams because otherwise there'd be a really weak draft pool for the 2018 draft.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 07-27-2018 at 01:49 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 05:21 PM   #6
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Actually we do do a trade deadline/September 1st roster update each year,
You said do do. (Sorry, 12 year old in me couldn't let a doo-doo joke go by. And no idea how well this little piece of childish humor translates on the other side of the Atlantic.)
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 06:59 PM   #7
philthepat

Translates very well in my part of this side...
Old 07-27-2018, 08:30 PM   #8
TheBrewCrew
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Actually we do do a trade deadline/September 1st roster update each year, but it's not really an official feature, so we release it as a mod, rather than as an "official" part of the game (you can fin d last year's version here if you want to look: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=281828).

We're definitely planning on doing the same this year (and hopefully to release it a bit sooner than we did last year as well. We're actually already working on it now

it won't be quite as in depth as the initial release last year (or what Philis doing above either) which had updated stats, standings up to September 1st etc.etc.

This will just start at the beginning of the season with updated transactions as of either the trade deadline or September 1st (not sure which yet) and maybe a handful of updated ratings for a few guys. The draft picks will still be in the draft pool, not on their current teams because otherwise there'd be a really weak draft pool for the 2018 draft.

Somewhat related question/idea that I'm sure you have heard about or someone came up with in OOTP...but I would love a start @ certain dates within the season. Like I would love to start a file where I take over as Baltimore after they unloaded Machado so to speak. Not sure if that makes any sense and I'm sure it is way more difficult to do than I imagine but it never hurts to ask!
TheBrewCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:53 AM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrewCrew View Post
Somewhat related question/idea that I'm sure you have heard about or someone came up with in OOTP...but I would love a start @ certain dates within the season. Like I would love to start a file where I take over as Baltimore after they unloaded Machado so to speak. Not sure if that makes any sense and I'm sure it is way more difficult to do than I imagine but it never hurts to ask!
Yeah, it would be quite bit of work. Too much for us for now, but it's something we've discussed for the future. We don't have any definite plans to do it though for now, but it's at least on our radar.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 05:55 PM   #10
pgd44
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

This sounds incredible !!! Thank you so much for this !!!

Just curious, will the quickstart begin at August 1st and reflect the current team records?

Cannot wait to check this out.
Thanks in advance.
pgd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 06:27 PM   #11
philthepat

It'll begin on August 1st, but won't reflect the current records or real life stats. Although saying that, it has simmed pretty close to real life. The Yankees and Sox are in a race for the AL east, the Orioles, Reds and Marlins are all terrible. Most of the division races are quite similar to real life.

Anyway I'm just finishing off the quickstart and making sure I've done everything (bound to have missed something...) and then I should have it uploaded later tonight hopefully.

Edit: ...and Chris Sale going to the DL just made it in on time... boo haha

Last edited by philthepat; 07-31-2018 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:37 PM   #12
hockey31
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
It'll begin on August 1st, but won't reflect the current records or real life stats. Although saying that, it has simmed pretty close to real life. The Yankees and Sox are in a race for the AL east, the Orioles, Reds and Marlins are all terrible. Most of the division races are quite similar to real life.

Anyway I'm just finishing off the quickstart and making sure I've done everything (bound to have missed something...) and then I should have it uploaded later tonight hopefully.

Edit: ...and Chris Sale going to the DL just made it in on time... boo haha
my body is ready
hockey31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:00 PM   #13
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Will it include A's Pitcher going to DL Gossett,Miller of Diamondbacks to 60 days DL,last minute details coming out of Trades,DFA might happen because of Trades.

Last edited by mgom27; 07-31-2018 at 08:05 PM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:06 PM   #14
philthepat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Will it include A's Pitcher going to DL Bassitt,any last minute details coming out of Trades,DFA might happen because of Trades.
If you mean Daniel Gossett then yes that's updated... am still updating some very minor things, like Chris Volstad being released by the ChiSox, Brad Miller released by the Brewers etc... will have to cut off at some point though haha
Old 07-31-2018, 07:16 PM   #15
hockey31
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
If you mean Daniel Gossett then yes that's updated... am still updating some very minor things, like Chris Volstad being released by the ChiSox, Brad Miller released by the Brewers etc... will have to cut off at some point though haha
just release it lol
hockey31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:04 PM   #16
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

I don't mean past midnight because that starts Wavier Tradedeadline just up to midnight with updated Rosters.

Last edited by mgom27; 07-31-2018 at 08:06 PM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:32 PM   #17
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
I don't mean past midnight because that starts Wavier Tradedeadline just up to midnight with updated Rosters.
The non-waiver trade deadline was 4PM ET today.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:52 PM   #18
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/....html#comments
Old 07-31-2018, 09:57 PM   #19
philthepat

It's uploaded... check the mods forum, or click this link

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...77#post4352277
Old 07-31-2018, 10:00 PM   #20
hockey31