Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:43 AM   #1
DannyH
Bat Boy

In our lifetime?

I have a dream....

I'm 28 now, will I get to see it in the future?

An (American) football management game that looks very similar to the Football Manager (soccer) series.

That incorporates High School, College, and NFL leagues seamlessly. So even as an NFL coach, you could open up the College or High School standings, click on players, and scout their attributes (in the way that in Football Manager you have access to minor leagues and foreign leagues).

Where you could (if you wished) start your career as a High School coach, progress to a college coach, work up to a Power 5 job and finally the NFL.

Where coordinators and coaches of all levels generate their own playbooks, based on the schemes they favour, and build knowledge in other schemes when exposed to them at other schools. For example, coaches at Navy or Georgia Tech gain experience in the Triple Option scheme. Coaches under say, Mike Leach, gain experience and can develop their own Air Raid playbook etc

It sounds so neurotic but I'd love to scout a 16 year old athlete, see him progress through High School, get recruited, play at college, get drafted or sign as an UDFA to a NFL team. And then perhaps after a long career, be it as a superstar or special teams player, transition into coaching. Then seeing how his time as coordinator in a Power Run offense led him to using that in a major way in his own playbook when he progressed to a Head Coach.

This sort of engine has already been done for soccer, I have to believe that one day it will happen for football.

What do you think?

Last edited by DannyH; 04-26-2018 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:32 AM   #2
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

This would be terrific
Old 04-29-2018, 05:00 PM   #3
rmoons24
Minors (Single A)

I think I cried a little bit while reading that. My dream as well man, mine as well.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:38 AM   #4
pimpscastle
Bat Boy

this...exactly. If anyone ever made that game right, it would probably be the only game i ever played again.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:23 PM   #5
burnshroom
Bat Boy

I am embarrassed to say how my body reacted to reading this, but suffice to say this is also what I would love to see.

The Dream man, the damn Dream!!!