Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 8 > FHM 8 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 8 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 04-17-2022, 07:10 AM   #1
boscoJJ
Minors (Triple A)

What new features do you want to see in FHM9?

Since FHM8 had finished development,it's time for a wishlist of New Features for FHM9.

For me,I want to see the ability of Adding Generic Leagues in Custom Game(Like those in Historical--Foreign,Junior,College and Minors),for those who only want to manage in the Top league,and want to see the stats for the players outside the Top League--I would like to have the ability of setting the name and Nationality of the Teams in Generic Leagues,as well as a Iron Curtain.

So what other features do you guys want to see in the next game?
Comment below
boscoJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 10:32 AM   #2
landru22
Major Leagues

My Wishlist:

1) HTML output

2) Olympic style international tournament in custom games

3) Ability to import league history thru a csv file, or some kind of text or excel file

4) Fix draft order issues with older, imported saves
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 11:14 AM   #3
boscoJJ
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
My Wishlist:

1) HTML output

2) Olympic style international tournament in custom games

3) Ability to import league history thru a csv file, or some kind of text or excel file

4) Fix draft order issues with older, imported saves
Yeah,agree with 2 too
boscoJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 01:54 PM   #4
AbeFroman
Minors (Single A)

1. Assistant GM's who act as an advisor and give either good or bad advice, based on how good their ratings and chemistry is with the rest of the staff.

2. Trade counter offers. Don't like the trade I offer? Great, let me know what it will take to get this deal done.

3. If I need a middle 6 RW, let me make it known and get offers for a player that fits that specific role.
AbeFroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 05:37 PM   #5
CanuckJohnny
All Star Reserve

Maximize player personalities and how they affect the game and how much they (and your staff) interact with you/each other.
I haven't been playing super long yet, but it seems too easy to keep the dressing room happy, I don't have feedback on almost anything I do, the coaches don't seem to make a difference in the locker room, there's not really much for drama. Maybe it's in there and I've just missed it so far. I love the idea of having team chemistry and player personalities, it just seems like it could be even better which would in turn deepen the immersion.

Also, a more immersive draft experience would be cool, computer teams offering you and each other more trades to move up/down, more commentary/analysis of picks (even if by the email system), maybe an optional pick clock for pressure, and it should be easy to see who's on the clock, what they need, if they want to trade, (and please, some way in the trade system to see which pick is which number overall).
CanuckJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 06:58 PM   #6
jumpSeat
All Star Reserve

A subtle visual cue for when hits take place in 2D. Would love to know if the other team is trying to run me out of the building (without breaking immersion in real time).
jumpSeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 11:54 PM   #7
viperswhip
Minors (Single A)

Little sticks on the 2d guys so it's like the Gretzky game I played god knows how many years ago.
viperswhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 09:21 AM   #8
AdequateRandomGaming
Minors (Double A)

I know I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but my number 1 thing on the list is a complete overhaul of how goalies are handled in the game, from the day to day decisions to pick who starts in net, to how the AI evaluates goalies for trades, drafts, signings, etc. As much as I love this game, the goaltending "systems" are far from working optimally and have not for at least the past 3 iterations of the game. I think it's time to give it some love.

My pipedream is and always will be to have full historical teams/leagues/minors/players. I do, however, understand it's a massive undertaking and it probably would take several years to get done due to how fragmented hockey history is. There is always a bit more added to the historical part every year though, so one can always dream it's going to come to fruition one day
AdequateRandomGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 10:50 AM   #9
jmetrow
Minors (Rookie Ball)

A few things that would be great to see
-international tournaments in custom games (getting the champions league stuff in custom is a great start and that's been an amazing feature this year)
-ability to have promotion and relegation in custom leagues
-be able to set the average attendance, ticket price, and player salary for a league when creating it. When there are numerous major leagues they all have a similar level of attendance even though the lower level ones spend significantly less money and end up with huge budgets and teams in the top leagues have negative budgets
-a very small thing, but the ability to edit the value of media contracts since they are far too large for expansion teams in low-level leagues
-ability to edit the age restrictions on junior leagues (ex. creating a league like the NCAA with an age limit of 22 or a lower-level junior league with an age limit of 18)

Love this game and can't wait to see what the next version will bring
jmetrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 10:55 AM   #10
redtiger7
All Star Starter

In game schedule editor
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 03:22 PM   #11
Raindrops
Minors (Triple A)

Season-ending championship tournament
Evolution of custom leagues
more flexible on playoffs
Raindrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 05:40 PM   #12
oldfatbaldguy
Major Leagues

A lot of these suggestions are good, including the cosmetic stuff in the 2D presentation like visual cues for hits, and sticks that show whether a player is left- or right-handed. Another cosmetic thing: I'd like to see the game clock on the 2D screen and the box score agree about when something happened. There's often a difference of 2 seconds or so between them.

Off ice, counter-offers on trades, to make it more like the OOTP trading system, would be fantastic.
oldfatbaldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 06:50 PM   #13
jumpSeat
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperswhip View Post
Little sticks on the 2d guys so it's like the Gretzky game I played god knows how many years ago.
I do that now with mods, and it makes the game soooo much better!
jumpSeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 08:06 PM   #14
GMO123
Major Leagues

NHL structure but option to use fictional players instead of real player names.
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 08:14 PM   #15
GMO123
Major Leagues

Players not agreeing to be traded to certain teams.

Some Players not liking or playing well on certain teams because they don't want to play there.

Some players demanding higher salaries when playing for certain teams when negotiating contracts (new or extensions to contracts).
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 01:50 AM   #16
Flying_Canuck
Major Leagues

I am sure the simulation engine, in-depth GM/Franchise/League related things are always being worked on all the time, as this is the core of FHM.

One thing I'd like to point out is the actual "on ice" experience which won't be easy and require years to implement. Right now, I don't see too much benefit to player on-ice decision over the long-term. I have tried it in FHM8 but turned it off after a while. Instead of individual player decision, I'd recommend the developers to think more about "coaching decisions" that we can do DURING games:

- Show stamina and enable manual Line Changes (stoppage and on the fly)
- Design plays or strategy (even strength, power-play, PK) and able to change mid-game depending on the situation
- Ability to manually pull the goalie or not
- Current players’ styles/tactics and in game feedback is a great idea to explore even further

These are good starting points that can really make actual matches a more involved and immersive experience.

Last edited by Flying_Canuck; 04-20-2022 at 01:55 AM.
Flying_Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 04:06 AM   #17
Colorado
Major Leagues

There is already a thread several pages long that people have taken time to post comments and suggestions for FHM9, why don't the mods just sticky it to the top of the forum and prevent threads being being duplicated?

Last edited by Colorado; 04-20-2022 at 04:15 AM.
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 08:52 AM   #18
wiggleman83
All Star Reserve

I'd love a way to let prospects develop in other pro leagues in custom games as you can do in standard games. I find that if I don't sign my prospects immediately after the draft, many of them sign deals in other pro leagues that go beyond my signing deadline so I lose them. Plus, they all get mad if they get sent to the minors in their first year so it's tough to develop them that way.
wiggleman83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:29 AM   #19
wiggleman83
All Star Reserve

I'd also love to see a way to set message alerts for individual players so I can see when my prospects do something in another league without having to get alerts about their whole team.
wiggleman83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 01:07 PM   #20
DrunkenTeddy
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdequateRandomGaming View Post
I know I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but my number 1 thing on the list is a complete overhaul of how goalies are handled in the game, from the day to day decisions to pick who starts in net, to how the AI evaluates goalies for trades, drafts, signings, etc. As much as I love this game, the goaltending "systems" are far from working optimally and have not for at least the past 3 iterations of the game. I think it's time to give it some love.

My pipedream is and always will be to have full historical teams/leagues/minors/players. I do, however, understand it's a massive undertaking and it probably would take several years to get done due to how fragmented hockey history is. There is always a bit more added to the historical part every year though, so one can always dream it's going to come to fruition one day
Being able to predefine which goalies start which games would be ideal. It is nuts that you can't sim multiple games at a time without changing goalies unless you use the goalie start sliders, which are not very reliable. It's also worth mentioning that goalies don't seem to matter as much as people would like. A 2.5 star goalie and a 5 star goalie make only a minor difference to a team's winning percentage from what I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindrops View Post
more flexible on playoffs
Yes please... 1st round byes would open up so many playoff format options.

Last edited by DrunkenTeddy; 04-20-2022 at 01:18 PM.
DrunkenTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote