Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-13-2019, 04:26 AM   #221
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elutz31 View Post
Bug issue:

I was in the final round of a 128 1500 quick super big cap game 6 down 3-2. I joined another tourney of the same type while waiting. I modified my roster quite a bit from the previous tourney. I go back in to check on my first tournament and the roster I was making for the new tournament was now the roster that was playing in game 6 of the old tourney.

I feel bad because I was running a 4 man rotation so my pitchers were pitching at about 70% and the new pitcher from my new roster was a 100% rested 98 Kevin Brown who wasn't even on my roster throughout the entire tourney.

Also when I was still modifying my new tourney roster the beginning of game 6. The old tourney took whatever roster I had for the new tourney at the time the simulation happened. I continued to modify the new tourney roster but no changes happened in game 7. It kept the game 6 roster.
Yes, currently when you enter two tournaments of the same restriction type at the same time, always the latest submitted roster will be used, no matter the tournament. We are trying to fix it, but it won't be easy.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 04:27 AM   #222
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmy Fungy-Phipps View Post
Seems to be a bug that allows people to change roster even after the tournament is under way. Facing a guy in a 1500 cap tournament that brought in 98 Kevin Brown as a ringer (along with swapping out 2/3 of the lineup) to let his regular rotation get back on full rest.
Yes, known issue, we're working on a fix.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:28 AM   #223
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyreDruid View Post
Tried to do a team with a 1500 cap, doesn't show all of my cards, so there's no way for me to get it under 1500. The lowest rated player available (reserve roster) is 60, most of my 60 overall and all sub 60 players aren't on my roster anywhere.

Listing entire organization only shows the same 200.
You need to go to "Manage Roster" and activate lower rated cards there, plus deactivate the higher rated ones.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:42 AM   #224
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
I am sorry, but I cannot follow this logic. The vast majority of tournaments pay out packs or PP. SE cards are paid out very rarely, and they are not always the same cards, so there is no devaluation whatsoever.
I dimly recall it being stated that longer tournaments would offer super rare cards only available by winning tournaments, and similarly collections would offer cards only available by completing collections. But now the situation is a little more fluid. Whether you complete the St. Louis collection or buy Ozzie Smith in the AH you're going to pay a lot, but now just assemble a bunch of silver cards for a tournament and you might get lucky. It's just like pulling one from a pack. I just don't see why the new card Ted Simmons could be the big prize for more than 1 tournament. I guess that card will indeed be super, super rare, ….like unique.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:39 AM   #225
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Twice I've been the last to sign up and rather than take me to the 'set roster', the tournament goes direct to 'Preparing' and then it starts without me being able to set my roster.

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:40 AM   #226
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Looking at the tournament page and everything is either an Open tournament (whale leagues) or daily tournaments that don't start til nearly 10pm-12am eastern.

nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:48 AM   #227
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
Twice I've been the last to sign up and rather than take me to the 'set roster', the tournament goes direct to 'Preparing' and then it starts without me being able to set my roster.
Wait 2 minutes and set your roster after you can download the file ("Play Now"). The first sim is not immediately.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:15 AM   #228
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

When is a 3/4th-place tournament reward given out -- right after losing in the semifinal, or when the tournament ends? How can I tell if the PP reward has been added to my total? There is nothing in the Transactions log.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:16 AM   #229
Catchthedamnball
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josquin View Post
When is a 3/4th-place tournament reward given out -- right after losing in the semifinal, or when the tournament ends? How can I tell if the PP reward has been added to my total? There is nothing in the Transactions log.
When the tournament ends.

Catchthedamnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:34 AM   #230
micpringle
Minors (Triple A)

Is there a plan to suppress the messages that are generated upon a tournament starting?

I'm not sure there's any value in having the Opening Day/Regular Season ends/Playoffs begin messages, especially since they're simply the empty templates without any team information.

It also seems a bit redundant to have the message regarding securing a playoff spot for each team, especially when the content doesn't really make any sense...

Quote:
With their record at 0-0, the club has officially locked up a postseason sport.

micpringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:50 AM   #231
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by micpringle View Post
Is there a plan to suppress the messages that are generated upon a tournament starting?

I'm not sure there's any value in having the Opening Day/Regular Season ends/Playoffs begin messages, especially since they're simply the empty templates without any team information.

It also seems a bit redundant to have the message regarding securing a playoff spot for each team, especially when the content doesn't really make any sense...

Fixed
Old 11-13-2019, 10:54 AM   #232
bailey
Hall Of Famer

After logging on this morning,
1) I entered a RR tournament
2) Then I get a message "roster failed sanity checks", then roster loads properly. I check rosters and see everything is fine.
3) Then I enter a Dod 8-man. It says roster imports fine. I check rosters and see it is just the roster from the RR tournament. I have to manually import the Dod roster which I had saved.

It seems to me if you enter a Dod, it should import the Dod roster (if you have one saved, which I did have one saved.)
Old 11-13-2019, 11:05 AM   #233
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
After logging on this morning,
1) I entered a RR tournament
2) Then I get a message "roster failed sanity checks", then roster loads properly. I check rosters and see everything is fine.
3) Then I enter a Dod 8-man. It says roster imports fine. I check rosters and see it is just the roster from the RR tournament. I have to manually import the Dod roster which I had saved.

It seems to me if you enter a Dod, it should import the Dod roster (if you have one saved, which I did have one saved.)
No, it loads rosters depending on restrictions, not on tournament mode. It works as designed.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:08 AM   #234
micpringle
Minors (Triple A)

Is there a plan to add any "historical + cap" tournaments?

Old 11-13-2019, 11:38 AM   #235
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by micpringle View Post
Is there a plan to add any "historical + cap" tournaments?
If you want to, please suggest it here:
https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=308267
Old 11-13-2019, 12:07 PM   #236
bailey
Hall Of Famer

On the main page where you enter tournaments, there is room for 6 tournaments. The ones that are not in progress or pending tend to be perpetually the first ones ever played. I think it should always be the most recent ones completed, which sometimes happens, that the most recent ones show up, but often this is not the case.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:10 PM   #237
micpringle
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
If you want to, please suggest it here:
https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=308267
Done.

Old 11-13-2019, 12:26 PM   #238
Bagpipes5
Major Leagues

Tournaments are really awesome and have added a new dimension to the game for me, thanks guys!

So far the only issue I'm having is that I frequently disconnect from the server in Tournament Mode. I am behind VPN but I don't have the issue in regular PT or sim mode.

Thanks again!
Bagpipes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:32 PM   #239
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpipes5 View Post
Tournaments are really awesome and have added a new dimension to the game for me, thanks guys!

So far the only issue I'm having is that I frequently disconnect from the server in Tournament Mode. I am behind VPN but I don't have the issue in regular PT or sim mode.

Thanks again!
That's strange. There's no difference between tournaments and regular PT in terms of the connection.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:37 PM   #240
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
On the main page where you enter tournaments, there is room for 6 tournaments. The ones that are not in progress or pending tend to be perpetually the first ones ever played. I think it should always be the most recent ones completed, which sometimes happens, that the most recent ones show up, but often this is not the case.
I have fixed the default sort order.