Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:44 AM   #1
MarkLeo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Unfair transfers

Hello, I have a very strange issue.
I'm playing Finnish club Karpat in SM League. And, the problem is that after the first season in July 2017 some of my players were suddenly transferred to other teams unbeknown to me! 1 player was transferred to another team in SML, and three more were signed by NHL teams (including one FA I had signed just several days before!!!). I do not let assistant manage transfers and contracts, I do it myself (my name "checked" in manager options). The players were not FA, they all had 2 or 3 more contract years, so....
Is it a bug or I simply don't know something important about ice hockey international transfer mechanisms?
P.S. During July there were "program no response" issues so i had to press ctrl+alt+delete to close it manually.
Did anybody else experience something like this?

Last edited by MarkLeo; 03-01-2017 at 10:56 AM.
MarkLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:25 AM   #2
MarkLeo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I tried to get the players back in commissioner mode. Several days later, they were transferred again. Picked some players from FA market - again, later they were signed by another team as if they were still FA
Old 03-01-2017, 12:44 PM   #3
MarkLeo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have uploaded my save. The name is Try1
Old 03-02-2017, 02:52 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

NHL teams are allowed to sign Finnish players - the transfer agreement between the NHL and (most) European federations sets the price at $240,000. So that part's working normally. (You did get hit unusually hard, though, it's unusual to have as many signed in such a short period as you did.)

But Liiga teams shouldn't be able to sign players from each other's rosters. I can't see any record of that in your game, though - I see the NHL signings in July/August, but not the SML one you mentioned. Do you remember who it was, and to which team he went? I see several players whose contracts expired on June 30 signing with other Liiga teams in July, but no one with an active contract.

In general, though, the European transaction handling does need a lot of improvement. That's going to be a big part of what we'll be working on this spring/summer for FHM4.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:10 PM   #5
MarkLeo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
NHL teams are allowed to sign Finnish players - the transfer agreement between the NHL and (most) European federations sets the price at $240,000. So that part's working normally. (You did get hit unusually hard, though, it's unusual to have as many signed in such a short period as you did.)

But Liiga teams shouldn't be able to sign players from each other's rosters. I can't see any record of that in your game, though - I see the NHL signings in July/August, but not the SML one you mentioned. Do you remember who it was, and to which team he went? I see several players whose contracts expired on June 30 signing with other Liiga teams in July, but no one with an active contract.

In general, though, the European transaction handling does need a lot of improvement. That's going to be a big part of what we'll be working on this spring/summer for FHM4.
Thank you very much, Jeff, for your response. Unfortunately, I can't recall now the name of that player because I have already played two years since that time. But generally, It seems like I am really clueless about transfer rules between different leagues. For example, just now I have got two more players signed by KHL teams. One of the players before was drafted by Barys, but as I could see in his contract menu, Barys no longer had rights to this player (KHL - All), yet they just took him and I have only got a message about it post factum. Another one was signed by Amur and Amur do have rights to him in KHL
BUT
As i remember, when I was playing in KHL myself, every time I was trying to offer a contract to players from different European leagues there was a message like this "you can not offer a contract to this players as he has a contract in [League name] and KHL honours [League name] contracts"
Is there anything I don't know? Sorry if my question seems stupid, I really searched for the answer but I didn't find any good info about it

Last edited by MarkLeo; 03-02-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:20 PM   #6
MarkLeo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Also I do not remember any notifications about 240,000 compensation for those players. Just a message [Player] signed with [NHL Team]
Old 03-03-2017, 12:22 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

I don't think there's an actual message mentioning the compensation (although we really should add that), but it should show up in your finances.

KHL should definitely not be signing players who have active Liiga contracts - which players did that happen to?
Old 03-03-2017, 03:24 AM   #8
MarkLeo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I don't think there's an actual message mentioning the compensation (although we really should add that), but it should show up in your finances.

KHL should definitely not be signing players who have active Liiga contracts - which players did that happen to?
Their names are Dmitri Grents (signed with Barys) and Jani Hakanpaa (Amur). I have re-uploaded my save Try1 so you could have a look if necessarily
Old 03-03-2017, 09:15 AM   #9
MarkLeo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

And I definitely didn't get any compensation.
Just now got one more prospect singed with New Jersey.
Just a message "You have just been informed by Leevi Aaltonen that he signed a contract with the New Jersey"
AND
There is 0 in Transfer Fees In. So they all were signed as if they were free agents. Must be a bug.
It's really annoying. Every July I have to build an absolutely new team. If it's just this way in real life then I do not complain but I'm pretty sure it is not supposed to be like this. KHL and NHL clubs can not just rob whoever they want as far as I know

Last edited by MarkLeo; 03-03-2017 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:45 AM   #10
MarkLeo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This is my transfer logs.
Attached Images
Old 03-05-2017, 02:02 AM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLeo View Post
Their names are Dmitri Grents (signed with Barys) and Jani Hakanpaa (Amur). I have re-uploaded my save Try1 so you could have a look if necessarily
Can you upload that one more time? Looks like the zip didn't work properly and corrupted a few key files, the save won't load without them.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:20 AM   #12
MarkLeo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Can you upload that one more time? Looks like the zip didn't work properly and corrupted a few key files, the save won't load without them.
I have uploaded one more time. But it's already a new season, and I am no longer in Kaarpat. Dont know if it's important
Old 03-05-2017, 02:51 AM   #13
MarkLeo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Jeff, actually, besides that, I had one more problem in that save when I was coaching Karpat. During the off season I offered contract to Graovac who was a FA. He demanded a huge salary. Yet I decided to try to sign him. So, I submitted my offer and obviously while he was pondering I got my amount of Money for Free Agents significantly decreased. The problem was: he signed with NY Rangers, but I didn't get a message about it AND I didn't get back my money I proposed to him. So my budget for FA remained at the level close to zero, and I did not have an opportunity to strengthen my roster. I never got that money back, and I could not click "remove offer" because his name disappeared from the open offers menu. Looks like a bug as well
Old 03-06-2017, 04:15 AM   #14
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanks, that save worked. Yeah, that should be automatically cleared when he signs, we'll have a look. I'll get Malte to check the missing transfer money and the forced Liiga-KHL transfers as well. With the transfers, it looks like the AI may be skipping the check for a human owner when it's trying to make a transfer offer for a player - you should be getting the trade offer screen when that happens so you can negotiate/refuse the offer.