Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 12-14-2019, 10:31 AM   #561
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 25, 1987

In Atlanta, home of the bloody tomahawk chop.

Still, if we manage to clinch today, that will be something. The Reds have to lose, so it may not be today.

The Braves are pitching Sergio Valdez (4-8, 7.79).

The Giants have Bruce Ruffin (19-10, 2.88).

We can also get a 20th win for Bruce!

Do you recognize the name Sergio Valdez? He started a couple of games for the Giants this year, but was plucked off the waiver wire by Atlanta back in July. Obviously I have never faced him.

We change that right away as I opened the game by lining out to Milt Thompson in centre.
That did not set the tone for the inning. Mike Aldrete reached on an error and Chili Davis launched a two run homer. Then Steve Stanicek doubled and Rob Deer hit another two run homer.

Giants lead 4-0

The Braves got one back right away and Thompson scored on a Jeff Blauser single. Then Blauser scored on a Gary Sheffield single. It kept coming as Andres Galarraga and Gerald Perry scored on a double by my old pal, Kenny Oberkfell!

Game tied 4-4

In the 2nd I came up with none out, Chris Brown on 2nd, and Bruce on 1st. I walked, loading the bases. We all moved up a base, scoring Chris, as Mike singled. The Braves pulled Sergio and went to Duane Ward, who walked Chili for another run. He then struck out Steve before Rob got his second homer in as many at-bats... this one a Grand Slam!

Giants lead 10-4

I came up to face Ward with two out in the 3rd. He got me to 0-2 before I wore a fastball. Clearly no intent there. I went to 2nd on a single by Mike. We were both left there.

In the bottom half Sheffield scored on a double by Kenny O. Nestor went to Scott Service after that. No 20th win for Bruce, even if we do keep our lead.

Giants lead 10-5

We were back at it in the 4th. Wth one out Rob walked and Robby Thompson doubled. Than Bob Brenly doubled, scoring them both. Chris followed with a two-run dinger. Even Scott walked and that was it for Ward. The Braves brought in Rick Camp. I singled, moving Scott to 2nd. I was thrown out on a fielder's choice by Mike. Scott scored on a single by Chili. Steve reached and Mike scored on an error.

Giants lead 16-5

I didn't come up in the 5th. That is notable because it is the first inning that I didn't.

In the bottom half I started a Priske - Thompson - Aldrete double play to get Galarraga and Sheffield.

I led off the 6th by grounding out back to Camp.
But we kept rolling. With two out Chili singled, Steve walked, Rob was hit-by-pitch. Robby singled, scoring Chili and Steve. Bob singled, scoring Rob. Chris singled, scoring Robby.

Giants lead 20-5

I got the last out of the inning off a grounder by Chris Jelic.

I was set to lead off the 7th, but with this lead, Nestor decided to rotate some other guys in. Bobby Grich hit for me.

The Braves managed another run in the 9th, but not before we scored four more times.

24-6.

Wow.

However, the Reds also won, so we have to wait another day pop the champagne. It is up to us now. We win one more time and we have it!

I went 1 for 3 with a single, a walk, a HBP, and a run scored.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:31 PM   #562
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 26th, 1987

Still in Atlanta and looking to clinch!

The Braves are pitching Brian Holman (1-2, 8.31).

The Giants have Doyle Alexander (16-7).

I have never faced Holman. He is a rookie.

If we win OR the Reds lose, we have the division.

I opened the game by flying out to centre... but Milt Thompson dropped the ball! Safe on an error!
Stolen base #114. I moved to 3rd on a Mike Aldrete groundout. I tried to score on a Chili Davis fly ball but Gerald Perry gunned me down!

I handled a Gary Sheffield grounder for the last out in the 1st.

In the 2nd Robby Thompson scored on a Chris Brown single.

Giants lead 1-0

I took a Chris Jelic grounder for the last out in the 2nd.

I led off the 3rd by taking a four pitch walk. With one out, stolen base #115. With two out, stolen base #116. I was left there.

I took a Thompson grounder for the 2nd out in the bottom half.

Rob Deer opened the 4th with a single. Then Robby singled. Then Bob Brenly singled, loading the bases. The next two batters struck out and then I came up, and walked! Easy RBI! Mike singled, scoring Robby and Bob. Thompson made his second error, dropping a Chili Davis fly, and I scored. Steve Stanicek singled, and Mike scored.

Giants lead 6-0

I came up in the 6th, with one out and Barry Jones pitching. I grounded out to Sheffield at short.

I got the firs tout in the bottom half, grabbing a Thompson grounder.

In the 7th Rob and Robby scored on a double by Bob.

Giants lead 8-0

After pinch hitting for him, John Rabb took over for Chris at 3rd.

I got the 1st out in the bottom of the 7th off a Jelic grounder.
The Braves got on the board when Brad Komminsk scored on a double by pinch hitter Ron Cey.

I came up with one out in the 8th, now facing Ed Vande Berg. I walked for the third time this game. Stolen base #117. (I admit, stealing when up by seven in the 8th is a little iffy. But I was feeling it.) I got no further.

I got the last out of the inning off a grounder by Kenny Oberkfell.

Steve led off the 9th with a single. Then Rob walked. Robby singled, scoring Steve. Bob walked, loading the bases. John singled, scoring Rob. Ruben Sierra got a pinch hit single, scoring Robby. I hit into a fielder's choice, but Bob scored. Mike singled and John scored. Chili walked, loading them back up, but we weren't able to score any more.

Giants lead 13-1

John Burkett came in to pitch the 9th for us.

I can almost taste the champagne. (Not that I would drink any. Ahem.)

We finished the game off with a Priske - Thompson - Aldrete double play!

WE WON THE DIVISIONAL TITLE! WE ARE GOING TO THE NLCS!

I wnet 0 for 3 but I walked three times, scored once, 'drove in' two, and stole FOUR bases!

We have eight games to go, and then we are facing the Mets!

Old 12-17-2019, 05:52 PM   #563
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 27th, 1987

We were celebrating yesterday, but we still have games to play. The way Nestor put it, 'The job is only partly done.'

Hell yeah.

We are finishing up in Atlanta today and the Braves are pitching Tom Glavine (15-12, 4.29).

The Giants are going with Rick Sutcliffe (13-9, 3.41).

I have gone 7 for 27 with a home run against Glavine.

I kick off the game by taking a four pitch walk. Stolen base #118. With one out, Chili Davis walked. Double steal! That makes #119 for me (and #17 for Chili). Glavine gets a little wild and I score. Steve Stanicek waled and then Rob Deer singled, scoring Chili. Steve scored on a Robby Thompson single.

Giants lead 3-0

In the bottom half Milt Thompson tripled and then scored on a Jeff Blauser ground out.

Giants lead 3-1

I came up with one out in the 2nd and ground out to Blauser at 2nd.

In the 4th Robby Thompson led off with a double and then scored on a Bob Brenly single.

I came up with one out, Chris Brown on 3rd, and Rick on 2nd. I wore a Glavine fastball and was awarded 1st. Mike Aldrete hit into what could have been a double play but Gary Sheffield booted it and everyone was safe including Chris crossing the plate. Rick scored on a sac fly by Chili. I scored on a single by Steve. Then Rob Deer launched a towering three-run blast.

Giants lead 10-1

I came up in the 5th with two out and Chris on 1st. Duane Ward was pitching. I grounded out to Andres Galarraga at 1st.

I got the 1st out in the bottom half off a Blauser grounder. I then did the same to Galarraga, but Thompson scored on the play.

Giants lead 10-2

In the 6th I handled a grounder from reliever Brian Fisher for the 1st out. I also got Jerome Walton for the 3rd.

I faced Fisher in the 7th with two out and Chris on 2nd. I hit one off the right field wall for an RBI triple!

Giants lead 11-2

In the bottom half Chris Jelic scored on a Brad Komminsk single. I took a Thompson grounder for the 1st out.

Giants lead 11-3

Chili led off the 8th with a home run. With two out, Robby singled. Then Bob singled. Then Chris singled, scoring Robby. Then Rick singled, scoring Bob. I walked. We left them loaded.

Giants lead 14-3

Rick ended up with the complete game win, and we had another milestone. Our record was now 100-55.

I went 1 for 3 with a triple, two walks, a hit-by-pitch, an RBI, two runs scored, and two stolen bases.

We are heading back west... to San Diego.

Old 12-20-2019, 07:05 AM   #564
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 28th, 1987

Seven games left and we are in San Diego to face Ed Wojna (9-12, 4.69) and the Padres.

The Giants are pitching Eric Show (14-12, 3.85).

I have gone 3 for 16 against Wojna.

I opened the game by grounding out to Ozzie Guillen at short.

I got the final out of the inning off a Guillen grounder with the bases loaded.

I came up in the 3rd with Eric standing on 1st. I dropped one into short left for a single. Eric went to 2nd. I was erased as Mike Aldrete hit into a double play.

I nth bottom of the 3rd Randy Ready doubled, scoring John Kruk and Kevin McReynolds.

Padres lead 2-0

I came up with two out in the 5th and outran a squib for a single. Stolen base #120. I got no further.

I handled a McReynolds grounder for the 2nd out in the bottom of the 5th.

Frank Williams replaced Eric in the 7th, after our starter was lifted for a pinch hitter.

I led off the 8th and grounded out to Kruk at 1st.

In the bottom frame, McReynolds scored on a sac fly by Junior Felix. I then took a grounder for Tom Dodd for the final out.

Padres lead 3-0

We were unable to score in the 9th and were shut out.

I went 2 for 4 with a couple of singles and a stolen base.

The Blue Jays clinched the AL East.

That would sure be something if the Giants faced the Blue Jays on the World Series.

Old 12-22-2019, 12:37 AM   #565
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 29th, 1987

We are finishing up in San Diego today.

The Padres are pitching Mark Langston (13-11, 2.91).

The Giants have Bryan Hickerson (12-7, 3.76).

I have gone 6 for 21 against Langston.

I led off the game by flying out to John Kruk in right.
IN the bottom half I was taken out at 2nd by a sliding Junior Felix. I was able to shake it off, but if I had been injured on the eve of the play-offs, I would have been pretty upset!
When I had a similar collision with Kruk at 2nd, it was him who had to give his head a shake after.
I took a Scott Parsons grounder to end the inning with the bases loaded.

In the 2nd Darrell Miller scored on a Paul Noce single. Then Nice scored on a Felix single. Ozzie Guillen scored on a Carmelo Martinez single! Bryan walked Parson with the bases loaded to score Kruk!

Padres lead 4-0

I came up in the 3rd with two out and Chris Brown on 2nd. I flew out to Kruk again.

I got the 1st out in the bottom of the 4th off a Guillen grounder.

Butch Henry took over in the 5th, after Bryan was lifted for a pinch hitter.
I got him the 2nd out, catching a Miller pop.

I led off the 6th by striking out.

I got the last out in the 7th off a Miller grounder.

Mark Davis took the mound for us in the 8th after Butch was replaced by a pinch hitter.

I led off the 9th by striking out again.

We ended up being shut out.

I went 0 for 4.

We are heading over to L.A. for a two game set and then back home for three against the Braves.

Last edited by rpriske; 01-02-2020 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:26 PM   #566
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

September 30th, 1987

We are in L.A. and the Dodgers are pitching Orel Hershiser (12-13, 3.01).

The Giants are going with Bruce Ruffin (19-10, 3.02).

I have gone only 4 for 33 vs Hershiser.

I led off the game by grounding out to Dave Anderson at short.

I got the final out of the inning off a grounder by Dave Winfield.

I came up with one out in the 3rd and hit a dribbler handled by catcher Benito Santiago.

I got the 2nd out in the bottom of the 4th, catching a Darrell Evans liner.

I came up with one out in the 5th and struck out.

I got the 1st out in the bottom half off a Chuck Lynn grounder. I then did the same to Steve Sax for the 3rd.

In th e6th I started a Priske - Thompson - Aldrete double play to get Tim Wallach and Winfield out.

I came up in the 7th with one out and Chris Brown on 1st. I struck out again.

Dennis Eckersley took over for us int he bottom of the 9th in a scoreless game.
It looks like no 20 win season for Bruce this year.
Tom O'Malley also replaced Chris at 3rd in a double switch.

In fact, we couldn't hold it as we made our third and fourth errors of the game in the 9th and lost 1-0 because of it.

I went 0 for 4 with two strikeouts.

We got some big news after the game... Chili Davis was named the NL Batter of the Month for September! Bryan Hickerson was named NL Rookie of the Month!

Last edited by rpriske; 01-05-2020 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-03-2020, 01:15 AM   #567
DD Martin
All Star Reserve

Where is the offense? The Giants are on a heck of a scoreless streak
DD Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 10:23 AM   #568
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD Martin View Post
Where is the offense? The Giants are on a heck of a scoreless streak
Agreed. It feels like once they clinched, they stopped pushing as hard.

Old 01-05-2020, 10:35 AM   #569
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

October 1st, 1987

Finishing up in L.A. today for our last read game until he playoffs.

We have been a little cold lately, but it would be good to start heating back up to enter the NLCS on a higher note.

The Dodgers are pitching Bob Welch (13-13, 3.57).

The Giants have Doyle Alexander (17-7, 2.99).

I have had decent success against Welch, going 7 for 19.

I kicked off the game by grounding out to Steve Sax at 2nd.

The Dodgers struck in the 1st as Sax scored on a double by Dave Winfield. Winfield scored on a Darrell Evans sac fly.

Dodgers lead 2-0

We got not he board in the 2nd when Chris Brown crossed on a wild pitch by Welch. Then Bob Brenly scored on a single by Doyle!
I came up with one out and Doyle on 1st. I dropped one into a centre for a single, moving Doyle to 3rd. Stolen base #121. Doyle crossed and I moved to 3rd on a groundout by Mike Aldrete. I was left on 3rd.

Giants lead 3-2

I came up with two out in the 4th and grounded out to Tim Wallach at 3rd.

I got the 2nd out in the bottom of the 4th off a Tony Pena grounder. I then did the same to Gregg Ritchie for the 3rd.

I got the 2nd out in the 5th as well, this time off a Sax grounder. After that, however, Wallach scored on a double by Winfield.

Game tied 3-3

I came up with two out in the 6th and hitting one off the centre field wall for a double. I moved to 3rd on a wild pitch but got no further.

We got the lead back in the 7th when Chili Davis scored on a Robby Thompson single.

Giants lead 4-3

The lead was short lived as L.A. got in back in the bottom half when Ritchie crossed on a Sax single.

Game tied 4-4

I came up with one out in the 8th, now facing Larry Andersen. I grounded out right back to the pitcher.

Scott Garrelts took over for us in the 8th, after Doyle left for a pinch hitter.

Chili led off the 9th with a timely home run! Then Robby singled and Alan Cockrell homered!

Giants lead 7-4!

Scott gave up a double to Sax, but struck out the other three he saw to pick up the win!

I went 2 for 5 with a single, a double, and a stolen base.

Now we are heading home for a final three-game homestead against the Braves before we face off against the Mets.

Old 01-07-2020, 10:55 PM   #570
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

October 2nd, 1987

The Braves are in town to wrap up the season. They are pitching Tom Glavine (15-13, 4.38).

The Giants have Rick Sutcliffe (14-9, 3.40).

I have gone 7 for 28 against Glavine, including a home run.

I got in on the action right away, taking a grounder from leadoff hitter Milt Thompson for an out.

I led off the home half by walking on four straight. Stolen base #122. With one out I moved to 3rd on an infield single by Chili Davis. Steve Stanciek got hit by a pitch to load them up. I scored when Glavine walked Rob Deer. Chili scored on a fielder's choice by Robby Thompson.

Giants lead 2-0

In the 2nd the Braves got on the board when Jerome Walton went deep.

Giants lead 2-1

We got it right back when Bob Brenly led off with a homer. I came up with two out and put one through the middle for a single. Mike ALdrete followed with another home run.

Giants lead 5-2

In the 4th Gerald Perry scored on a Kenny Oberkfell double. The Kenny scored on a single by relief pitcher, Duane Ward!

Giants lead 5-4

I led off the bottom half, facing Ward. I grounded out to Jeff Blauser at 2nd.

The Braves tied it up in the 5th when Andres Galarraga scored on a Gary Sheffield triple.
That was in for Rick and Nestor brought in Scott Service.
Sheffield scored on a Perry sac fly.

Braves lead 6-5

In the 6th it was Frank Williams who got the nod.

I led off the bottom half, now facing Ed Vande Berg. I walked on four straight again. I moved to 3rd on a single by Mike. Chili walked and we had them loaded. I scored on a single by Steve, but Mike got thrown out trying to also score. Chili scored on a single by Rob.

Giants lead 7-6

I got the 3rd out in the 7th off a groundball by Sheffield.

In the bottom of the 7th they brought Goose Gossage to face me with none out, pinch runner Eddie Milner on 2nd, and pinch hitter Ruben Sierra on 1st. I flew out to Thompson in centre.

Nestor brought in Dennis Eckersley in the 8th. Tom O'Malley took over at 3rd.
He gave up Walton's second home run, this time a two run job, to give the lead back to Atlanta.

Braves lead 8-7

And that is how it ended.

I went 1 for 3 with a single, two walks, three runs scored, and a stolen base.

The final playoff spot was clinched today as our neighbours the Oakland A's grabbed the AL West.

It is a big time for baseball around the Bay!

Old 01-11-2020, 12:25 AM   #571
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

October 3rd, 1987

It is the penultimate game of the regular season!

The Braves are pitching Johnny Cash (10-18, 4.86).

The Giants have Eric Show (14-13, 3.82).

I have gone 3 for 8 against Cash.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by grounding out to Jeff Blauser at 2nd.

The Braves got not he boar din the 2nd when Gary Sheffield crossed on a Kenny Oberkfell double. Then Gerald Perry scored on a Milt Thompson single. Kenny O and Chris Jelic scored on a Blauser single.

Braves lead 4-0

I got the 1st out in the 3rd, handling a grounder by Kenny O, but Sheffield scored on the play.
That was enough for Nestor, who went to John Burkett for Eric.
I got the 3rd out on a Jelic pop.

Braves lead 5-0

I came up in the bottom of the 3rd with two out and Chris Brown on 1st. I walked. We were left on base.

In the 4th I did something I just can't stand... I made an error. I allowed Andres Galarraga to reach on what should have been the 3rd out. Blauser ended up scoring on a passed ball because of my error.

Braves lead 6-0

I did better in the 5th, grabbing a Brad Komminsk grounder for the 3rd out.

In the bottom half pinch hitter Kelvin Torve knocked home Robby Thompson with a double. I came up with two out and Kelvin on 3rd. I grounded out to Kenny O at 3rd.

Braves lead 6-1

Butch Henry came in to pitch for us in the 6th. In the bottom half Chili Davis scored on an error by Blauser.

Braves lead 6-2

I came up in the 7th with two out and pinch hitter Jerry Mumphrey at 1st. I was walked. We were left.

Mark Clear came in for us in the 8th. He got through that inning but after he allowed the first two batters to reach in the 9th, Nestor pulled him for Pat Perry. I got the 1st out for him off a Perry grounder, but Galarraga scored on the play. Then Sheffield scored on a double by Komminsk. Then HE scored on a Jelic single.

Braves lead 9-2

And that is how it ended.

I went 0 for 2 with two walks.

Only one regular season game left.

Old 01-12-2020, 10:12 PM   #572
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

October 4th, 1987

It is the last game of the regular season.

I would be lying if I said we weren't looking past the Braves.

Atlanta is pitching Len Damian (8-15, 4.33).

The Giants are going with Bryan Hickerson (12-8, 3.88).

I have gone 1 for 6 vs Damian.

In the top of the 1st we pulled off a textbook Priske - Thompson - Aldrete double play to get Jerome Walton and Andres Galarraga out.

I led off our half by putting one through the right side for a single. Stolen base #123. I went to 3rd on a ground out by Mike Aldrete and scored on a Chili Davis double. Chili scored on a Steve Stanicek single. Steve and Rob Deer scored on a Robby Thompson double. And the Robby scored on a Chris Brown single.

Giants lead 5-0

I led off again in the 2nd and I grounded out to Jeff Blauser at 2nd.

The Braves got on the board in the 3rd when Jack Daugherty and Chris Jelic scored on a double by Walton. I ended the threat by taking a Gary Sheffield grounder.

Giants lead 5-2

I came up in the 4th with one out, Bob Brenly on 3rd, and Chris on 2nd. Rick Camp was pitching. I walked. I was thrown out on a fielder's choice by Mike, though Bob scored. Then Chili doubled, scoring Chris and Mike. Robby walked with the base loaded, pushing Chili across.

Giants lead 9-2

I got the first out in the 5th off a grounder by pinch hitter Ron Cey. I got the 2nd out off a fielder'cschoice ball by Blauser.

I came up with two out in the bottom frame, now facing Duane Ward. I popped out to Sheffield at short.

In the 6th Mike walked and scored on a single by Robby.

Giants lead 10-2

I was lifted for a pinch hitter in the 7th. The score held at 10-2.

We ended the season with an amazing record of 102-60

Old 01-12-2020, 10:21 PM   #573
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

SAN FRANCISCO PLAY-OFF ROSTER

Rotation

Bruce Ruffin (19-10, 2.93)
Doyle Alexander (17-7, 3.05)
Rick Sutcliffe (5-2, 3.72)
Eric Show (14-14, 3.98)

Bullpen

Dennis Eckersley (39 saves, 2.42)
Scott Garrelts (2.28)
Jeff Robinson (4.09)
Frank Williams (3.81)
Mark Clear (3.69)
Mark Davis (1.33)
Scott Service (2.88)

Line-Up

SS - Rusty Priske (.263, 2, 40, 123 SB)
1B - Mike Aldrete (.282, 18, 93)
RF - Chili Davis (.336, 36, 120)
CF - Steve Stanicek (.294, 25, 115)
LF - Rob Deer (.225, 32, 106)
2B - Robby Thompson (.281, 5, 36)
C - Bob Brenly (.232, 2, 22)
3B - Chris Brown (.255, 16, 83)

Bench

Alan Cockrell (.265, 5, 27)
Dan Driessen (.412, 0, 4)
Bobby Grich (.205, 8, 26)
Tom O'Malley (.217, 0, 5)
John Rabb (.242, 8, 21)
Jerry Mumphrey (.296, 1, 13)

Old 01-12-2020, 11:29 PM   #574
DD Martin
All Star Reserve

Ok so let’s get a full regular season recap of his stats and career numbers.

What is the SB % success rate

Good luck to Giants in post season
DD Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:14 PM   #575
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by rpriske; 01-15-2020 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:34 PM   #576
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

NLCS GAME ONE

We are in New York and the Mets are pitching Ron Darling (21-5, 2.32).

The Giants are going with Bruce Ruffin (19-10, 2.93).

I have gone 3 for 27 against Darling.

It is time. My first playoff game ever.

Keeping my nerves in check as much as possible, I led off the game by flying out to Lenny Dykstra in centre.

The Mets opened the scoring in the bottom of the first after Wally Backman, doubled, stole 3rd, and scored on a Darryl Strawberry groundout.

Mets lead 1-0

I came up with two out in the 3rd and I struck out.

I made my first defensive play in the bottom half, grabbing a Darling grounder for the 1st out.

I then got the 1st out in the bottom of the 4th by catching a Greg Vaughn pop up.

I came up in the 6th with none out and Bruce on 1st. I walked on six pitches. Darling struck out the next three guys.

In the bottom half Backman scored on a Kevin Mitchell single.

Mets lead 2-0

They scored again in the 7th when Carlton Fisk crossed on a Dykstra fielder's choice.

Mets lead 3-0

I came up with one out in the 8th and dropped one into right for a single. I was erased on a fielder's choice by Mike Aldrete.

Frank Williams took over for us after Bruce was lifted for a pinch hitter.
He lasted one batter, striking him out, before having to leave with a pain in his back.
Mark Davis took over. I got the 2nd out behind him, off a Mitchell grounder.

We were never able to score. Ron Darling and Roger McDowell combined for a shut out and we were down 1 game to none.

I went 1 for 3 with a single and a walk.

It turned out that Frank wasn't really hurt. Maybe the stress got to him.

Tomorrow it is Doyle Alexander vs Dwight Gooden.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:48 AM   #577
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

NLCS GAME TWO

We are down 1 game to none.

Today the Giants are pitching Doyle Alexander (17-7, 3.05).

The Mets have Dwight Gooden (20-10, 2.57).

I have gone 7 for 32 against Gooden.

I opened the game in Shea by striking out.

I made the first out on the other side as well, handling a grounder from lead-off hitter Lenny Dykstra.

In the 2nd Greg Vaughn scored on a wild pitch by Doyle.

Mets lead 1-0

I came up in the 3rd with one out and Chris Brown on 2nd. I singled to right and Chris moved to 3rd. I was erased on a fielder's choice by Mike Aldrete, but Chris was unable to score on the play.

I caught a sky high pop up by Dykstra for the 1st out in the bottom half.

In the 4th Rob Deer and Robby Thompson both singled with one out. They then pulled off a double steal before Rob scored on a passed ball and Robby scored on a sac fly by Bob Brenly.

Giants lead 2-1

I came up with one out in the 5th and I put one into the left field corner for a double! I then stole 3rd unchallenged! Mikey singled and I scored!

Giants lead 3-1

In the home half Dykstra scored on a single by Darryl Strawberry.

Giants lead 3-2

The Mets got the lead back in the 6th when Larry Parrish and Carlton Fisk both singled before scoring on a none out Hubie Brooks triple. Then Brooks scored on a single by Gooden.
After giving up three runs without an out, Nestor pulled Doyle for Frank Williams.
I got the run saving final out on a tough grounder by Vaughn.

Mets lead 5-3

I led off the 7th by grounding out to Parrish at 1st.

Rob led off the 8th with a home run. Then Robby walked. Two out slater, Jerry Mumphrey launched a pinch hit, two run blast! I grounded out to 2nd to end the inning.

Giants lead 6-5

Dennis Eckersley came in, to hopefully get a two inning save.
He gave up a double in the 8th, but struck out three.

Nestor made a couple of defensive switched in the 9th, bringing in Bobby Grich and Tom O'Malley to shore up the right side of the infield, but it was barely needed as Eck got his three men and we had evened the series!

I went 2 for 5 with a single, a double, a run scored, and a stolen base.

The Blue Jays beat the A's 11-3 to take the 1st game of the ALCS.

Next up is a travel day as we had back home for game three!

On our off day, the A's evened up with Toronto, beating them 11-5.

Our Game Three will feature Rick Sutcliffe facing Tim Leary.

Old 01-20-2020, 10:37 PM   #578
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

NLCS GAME THREE

With the series tied, we are back home in San Francisco.

The Mets are pitching Tim Leary (18-9, 3.36).

The Giants have Rick Sutcliffe (14-9, 3.56_.

I have limited action against Leary, going 2 for 7.

I got the 1st out of the game, scooping a Lenny Dykstra grounder.

I led off the home half by grounding out to Wally Backman at 2nd.

I took a Darryl Strawberry grounder for the 2nd out in the 3rd, but Dykstra scored on the play.

Mets lead 1-0

I led off the 4th by flying out to Greg Vaughn in left.

I led off again in the 6th. I flew out to Dyksrta in centre.

I returned the favour, handling a Dykstra grounder for the 3rd out in the 7th.

I then did the same to Backman for the 1st out in the 8th.

We FINALLY broke up the no-hitter in the 8th... and it was Rick Sutcliffe with the single! I came up with him on 1st and one out. I hit one into right for a single. Mike Aldrete followed me with a single and Rick scored! We had tied it up! Chili Davis, now facing Alejandro Pena, hit into a fielder's choice. I went to 3rd. Then Steve Stanicek blasted a three-run homer!

Giants lead 4-1!

Dennis Eckersley came in to pitch the 9th. I took a roundball from Kevin Mitchell, but I rushed the throw, giving Mitchell 2nd base on my throwing error! A ground out, a strikeout, and a Hubie Brooks grounder for me to make it up, and we had the win and the lead in the series!

Giants lead 2 games to 1!

I went 1 for 4 with a single, a run scored, and an error.

Old 01-22-2020, 12:32 PM   #579
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

NLCS GAME FOUR

The Giants are leading 2 games to 1 so this is a big a game. If we win it, we can take a commanding lead in the series.

We are pitching Eric Show (14-14, 3.98).

The Mets are going with Pascual Perez (15-9, 3.72).

I have gone 4 for 21 against Perez.

I got in the action right away, getting their lead-off hitter, Lenny Dykstra, on a groundball.

I led off our half by grounding out back to Perez.

After a combined 0 for 15 for both teams, Bob Brenly led off the bottom of the 3rd with a double and then scored on a Chris Brown single. After Eric bunted Chris over to 2nd, I came up. I grounded out to Kevin Mitchell at 3rd, unable to advance Chris. Miek Aldrete followed me with a double, and he pushed Chris across.

Giants lead 2-0

The Mets got a couple of baserunners in the 4th but I grabbed a Mitchell grounder for the 3rd out.

In our half Rob Deer walked. Then he slid hard into Hubie Brooks on a fielder's choice by Robby Thompson. Brooks had to leave the game.
Bob followed with a tow run homer!

Giants lead 4-0

Rob didn't mean to hurt Brooks. I better be ready for retaliation.

I finished the top of the 5th with a Priske - Thompson - Aldrete double play to get Larry Parrish and Brooks' replacement, Ross Jones.

I came up in the 5th with none out and Eric on 1st. I hit one to deep left centre for a double. Eric stopped at 3rd. Mike singled up the middle and we both scored!
The Mets pulled Perez for Randy Myers. He walked a couple and then Mike scored on a fielder's choice by Robby.

Giants lead 7-0

I came up in the 6th with one out and Chris on 2nd. I struck out.

I got the 3rd out in the 7th off a ground ball by Parrish.

I came up with two out in the 8th, now facing Rick Aguilera. I grounded out to Parrish at 1st.

Nestor tried to let Eric get the complete game but after he walked Darryl Strawberry to lead off the 9th, it was clear he was gassed. Scott Service came in.
Three batters later, we had the win!

The Giants lead the Mets THREE games to ONE!

I went one for five with a double and a run scored.

We can finish this off tomorrow at home!

Meanwhile, Oakland beat Toronto 8-0 and lead that series 2 to 1.

Tomorrow we are back to the Game One match-up, Bruce Ruffin vs Ron Darling.

Old 01-24-2020, 11:43 PM   #580
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

NLCS GAME FIVE

The Mets are pitching Ron Darling (1-0, 0.00).

The Giants have Bruce Ruffin (0-1, 2.57).

If we win, the series is ours, but we have a heck of a hill to climb with Darling.

I got the 1st out of the game off a Wally Backman grounder, but Lenny Dykstra had already doubled. He ended up scoring a balk by Bruce.

Mets lead 1-0

I led off our half by striking out.

In the 2nd I started a Priske - Thompson - Aldrete double play to get Larry Parrish and Carlton Fisk.

I came up with one out in the 3rd and reached safely on an error by Hubie Brooks. Mike Aldrete then hit into a double play.

I got the first out in the 5th off a Fisk grounder.

In the bottom of the 5th, Robby Thompson led off with a home run to tie the game! Bob Brenly then singled and scored on a Chris Brown double.
I came up with one out and Chris still on 2nd. Once again I reached on an error - this time by Backman. With Chris now on 3rd, I stole 2nd. Mike reached on an infield single, scoring Chris and moving me to 3rd. Chili Davi nearly ended things with a double play, but he outran the relay, allowing me to score.

Giants lead 4-1!

The Mets were far from out of it and in the 6th both Dykstra and Darryl Strawberry scored on a Kevin Mitchell single. Then Greg Vaughn scored on a wild pitch by Bruce, tying it back up.

Game tied 4-4

They lifted Darling for a pinch hitter that inning so now Calvin Schiraldi was on the mound.

I made a highlight reel play for the 3rd out in the 7th with two on and Mitchell batting.

I came up in the 7th with one out, Bob on 3rd, and pinch hitter Jerry Mumphrey on 1st. They brought in Alejandro Pena to face me. He did his job. I didn't. Strike out.
We wasted a golden opportunity.

Dennis Eckersley came in to face the Mets in the top of the 8th.
He got his three in the 8th but then Ken Phelps led off the 9th with a pinch hit home run.
I got the 3rd out on a Strawberry grounder.

Mets lead 5-4

Robby led off our half against Roger McDowell. He singled. Then Bob followed with an infield single.
The Mets switched to Jesse Orosco.
Chris singled up the middle, scoring Robby to tie it back up!
Alan Cockrell pinc hit and got a single, scoring Bob! We won with me standing on-deck!

GIANTS WIN 6-5! WALK-OFF SERIES VICTORY!

Mike Aldrete was named series MVP after hitting .412 with 6 RBI.

I hit .238 in the series, but scored 5 times.

Meanwhile the A's beat the Blue Jays 8-5 and lead their series 3-1.

We are going to the World Series but will in be against my former favourite team - the Blue Jays - or with it be a Battle of the Bay?