Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-22-2014, 01:29 PM   #361
stantheman
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
That link is wrong. A quick glance at Choate's career shows 9 seasons in which he played in both MLB and MiLB. Given that, it's quite certain that he is very much out of options.

Understanding the concept of an "option" and why it's such an integral part of the baseball lexicon | MLB.com: News
The link is not wrong, it has just been misread by the original poster. The article lists players who are out of options and also 'have less than five years service time'.

Choate has considerably more than 5 years service time as you say (9.073 on Jan 1st 2014 as per Baseball-Reference), hence he and many others are not on the list despite being out of options.
stantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:36 PM   #362
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by stantheman View Post
The link is not wrong, it has just been misread by the original poster. The article lists players who are out of options and also 'have less than five years service time'.

Choate has considerably more than 5 years service time as you say (9.073 on Jan 1st 2014 as per Baseball-Reference), hence he and many others are not on the list despite being out of options.
Ah, good point! I was wrong about the link being wrong
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:47 PM   #363
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

I've got an issue: The Royals stink.

Oh. Wait.
Airdrop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:37 PM   #364
diesel230
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by stantheman View Post
Long time issue, but many early (pre 1900) seasons for great players such as Cy Young, Hoss Radbourn etc are not assigned team id's and therefore stats from these years are not included in leaderboards. For example, the all time win leader is apparently Walter Johnson with 417. This is not an issue when playing a historical game though, so they must use different db's?
This has been my number one complaint for years. For such a great, detailed game to have career leaders be way off in certain categories is frustrating. Wins, stolen bases, shutouts, games etc are way off as stantheman stated. In the past, i have exported career stats and manually edited some of the important stats and assigned them to defunct random teams.

And yes, the issue does not appear when starting with a historic game as opposed to a quickstart.
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:00 PM   #365
stantheman
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel230 View Post
This has been my number one complaint for years. For such a great, detailed game to have career leaders be way off in certain categories is frustrating. Wins, stolen bases, shutouts, games etc are way off as stantheman stated. In the past, i have exported career stats and manually edited some of the important stats and assigned them to defunct random teams.

And yes, the issue does not appear when starting with a historic game as opposed to a quickstart.
Exactly. Very frustrating in such a great all-round game.

As I said in one of my previous posts, there seems to be an issue with inactive franchises and the players who played for those franchises...
Old 07-24-2014, 11:00 AM   #366
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

I almost think perhaps 1871-1900 historical should be a separate category from 1901-present historical. It might help with being able to include all the defunct teams properly.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:52 PM   #367
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

I've refreshed the entry in the bug tracking db about the incorrectly linked historical stats in the quickstart. If Markus doesn't respond to it fairly soon, I'll include this when we exchange emails.

Hopefully we can get this sorted pretty soon, it's clearly an easy fix since it does work right in some builds. It's just a matter of getting some consistency, which should be attainable
Old 07-24-2014, 06:14 PM   #368
stantheman
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
I've refreshed the entry in the bug tracking db about the incorrectly linked historical stats in the quickstart. If Markus doesn't respond to it fairly soon, I'll include this when we exchange emails.

Hopefully we can get this sorted pretty soon, it's clearly an easy fix since it does work right in some builds. It's just a matter of getting some consistency, which should be attainable
Great stuff. Hopefully an easy fix as you say.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:49 PM   #369
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Mike Hessman was not on the Tigers' Opening Day Roster (or on the 40-man, for that matter.) Tyler Collins (LF) was.
dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:06 PM   #370
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
Mike Hessman was not on the Tigers' Opening Day Roster (or on the 40-man, for that matter.) Tyler Collins (LF) was.
That stuff we can't fully control, it's up to the ai. We try to adjust the ratings a bit to "encourage" the ai to make the right decision, but it doesn't always work
Old 07-30-2014, 03:04 PM   #371
xnickx5757
Minors (Single A)

Lackey's 2015 option was a vesting option that trigger when he missed time due to his elbow injury. So it should be a team option, instead of a player option.

The Rise of the John Lackey Clause | FanGraphs Baseball
xnickx5757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:42 PM   #372
stantheman
Minors (Single A)

Here is a screen shot of Cy Young's stats. Note the missing team and league info' for seasons 1890-1898. This is the same for any player who played for a franchise that is now inactive.

So the stats are all there, but they don't get included in the MLB leaderboards or in the team's history pages. If you look at the history for any of the inactive franchises, no players are listed (although overall team stats are included).
Attached Images
Old 08-01-2014, 04:51 PM   #373
stantheman
Minors (Single A)

So for example, the Cleveland Spiders have stats in the team pitching register but no players...
Attached Images
Old 08-01-2014, 04:53 PM   #374
stantheman
Minors (Single A)

And no players whatsoever in the leaders section for batters or pitchers...
Attached Images
Old 08-01-2014, 04:59 PM   #375
stantheman
Minors (Single A)

This is a screen shot of Cy Young's stats from a league using historical rosters and the missing league & team info' is present...
Attached Images
Old 08-01-2014, 05:17 PM   #376
stantheman
Minors (Single A)

They appear correctly with historical rosters because this version of the game doesn't have inactive franchises, instead bundling them up with a similar current team. For example (as below) the Indians get the Spiders & Blues and the Tigers get the Wolverines. Works quite well like that, although it is not entirely accurate, as you then get Cy Young as the Cleveland Indians all time win leader with 270!! He actually only won 29 games at the back-end of his career with the 'real' Indians.
Attached Images
Old 08-01-2014, 09:19 PM   #377
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Also Lester will not get a q. offer know that he was Traded to A's.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #378
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Reminder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
The MLB quickstart developers are faced with the same roadblock as we are in this situation. I think basically what happened was, they started with an historical game just like we would, manually chose the award winners each season, and forgot to do so in those instances.

There's no way to go back and reward the winners retroactively. Plus, I get the impression that these are volunteers working by themselves in a group with Markus and crew gratefully receiving the benefits of their hard work (and perhaps bestowing free copies of the game in thanks).

So it's up to Markus to go into whatever .dat file those award winners are stored in and make the necessary corrections. It's worth his time and effort to do so because the MLB quickstart game is an integral part of the marketing of OOTPB.

I will go to the "Post issues about the major league roster set here please!" and post a link to this thread, as a reminder.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...wards-bug.html

Thank you.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 03:13 PM   #379
diesel230
All Star Reserve

Lukas, just out of curiosity, were the known missing stats players i.e mike jacobs, chan ho park, supposed to be fixed with the newest patch? Im still not getting any mlb history with them.
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:53 PM   #380
MUFC1878
All Star Reserve

Is Rainel Rosario in the roster set? I can see his name and stats when I export them, but he's nowhere to be found in the game. He signed a 4-yr deal with Hiroshima Carp last January.
MUFC1878 is offline   Reply With Quote