Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 08-01-2016, 02:53 PM   #1
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

How do I stop the AI from adding players to my ST Roster

every spring training the AI adds players to my 60 man spring training roster who have no more "options" available, and who I have no desire to use on the on my major league team for that season. But some are valuable players that I have ear marked for the majors the following season. So inevitably at the end of spring training I have a handful of players that I can not return the minors, but have no room or use for them on the majors for that season. So I must "waive for reassignment" and since some are good prospects 1-2 maybe 3 get claimed and I lose them.

How do I stop the AI from adding players (making roster moves) to my 60 man roster?

I have everything set to ME controlling everything, have nothing assigned to Asst GM or any pro/minor managers. yet I can not stop the AI from making these roster moves
Chillidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:24 PM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillidog View Post
every spring training the AI adds players to my 60 man spring training roster who have no more "options" available, and who I have no desire to use on the on my major league team for that season. But some are valuable players that I have ear marked for the majors the following season. So inevitably at the end of spring training I have a handful of players that I can not return the minors, but have no room or use for them on the majors for that season. So I must "waive for reassignment" and since some are good prospects 1-2 maybe 3 get claimed and I lose them.

How do I stop the AI from adding players (making roster moves) to my 60 man roster?

I have everything set to ME controlling everything, have nothing assigned to Asst GM or any pro/minor managers. yet I can not stop the AI from making these roster moves
The AI, if you have control, makes no changes to your 40-man roster which is the active roster in the offseason. I've just gone through ST and I'm sure of this. If the AI is adding players to your active roster then you are not in control. Keep in mind that any player you sign to a major league contract must be on the 40-man roster.

When ST starts the ST roster is set at 60 and includes all players on the active roster. In my case it was 37. You then have the option to add players not currently on the active roster up to 60. All players invited to ST and not on the active roster are totally movable without restriction. Obviously you have to move them before the active roster shrinks to 25 on opening day. All players on the active roster during ST in OOTP are subject to standard roster rules ie options, right to refuse. It's close to real life (for LGO). That means a minor league player who was on the active roster all winter who is sent down will use an option just like real life. If he is out of options he must pass through waivers just like real life. You will see that the waiver wire is about 150 players maybe more on opening day.

That's why teams are reluctant to put A and AA players on the 40-man roster. If they're not ready they will be out of options in 3 seasons.

Post a screenshot of your rosters and transactions page.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 06:44 PM   #3
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

RchW,

so then according to what you say, it is impossible to stop the AI from putting players who are on your 40 man roster but playing in the minors onto your ST roster and so using up their last option year, and causing you to either try and make room from them on your 25 man roster (once the season starts) or placing them on waivers and taking the chance that you may end up losing them.

thanks for the explanation
Old 08-01-2016, 06:53 PM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
RchW,

so then according to what you say, it is impossible to stop the AI from putting players who are on your 40 man roster but playing in the minors onto your ST roster and so using up their last option year, and causing you to either try and make room from them on your 25 man roster (once the season starts) or placing them on waivers and taking the chance that you may end up losing them.

thanks for the explanation
That's what happens in real life every season. That's why guys who have horrible ST and no options make the opening day roster over phenoms who have options. Welcome to sports management sims.

Edit: IRL every player on the 40-man roster goes to ST. This has nothing to do with the OOTP AI.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 08-01-2016 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:53 PM   #5
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Again - a point of clarification - option years and the spring training roster have nothing to do with each other. Option years only apply to players on your 40-man roster. As Rich said, those players have to be at spring training.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 01:29 PM   #6
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Again - a point of clarification - option years and the spring training roster have nothing to do with each other. Option years only apply to players on your 40-man roster. As Rich said, those players have to be at spring training.

yea, that's what I was trying to avoid ---- players without any remaining options getting put on the ST but as you say if they are on the 40 man roster there is no way to avoid this. Now that I now this I can better "plan"
Old 08-02-2016, 05:58 PM   #7
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
yea, that's what I was trying to avoid ---- players without any remaining options getting put on the ST but as you say if they are on the 40 man roster there is no way to avoid this. Now that I now this I can better "plan"
You can disable option years.

RichW

Old 08-03-2016, 04:52 PM   #8
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

understood, but I would prefer not to disable option years, prefer to play as close to realism as possible.

now that I know this will happen, all 40 man roster players on ST roster, and thus possible losses due to having to "waive & reassign" before the season starts, I will hopefully be able to have a good plan my pro & minor league rosters, that has contingencies in case of any losses.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:56 PM   #9
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

next question

is there any way to change (reduce) or completely disable the "10 days to report to a team" after a trade is made?

every time I trade for a player (with the exception of minor leaguers) they sit in the "10 day" count down until I can use them. I know IRL players report to thier new teams much faster than this, maybe not the next day but within 2-3 days they're playing for their new club. So to me having to wait 10 days EVERY time I make a trade before I can insert the new player into my lineup seems unrealistic
Old 08-03-2016, 06:19 PM   #10
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

You don't have to wait 10 days. You can move them to the active roster or minors immediately. Either drag and drop or right-click and choose the option that you want.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 07:29 PM   #11
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

I did not know or realize you could do this, all along I thought I had to wait until their 10 days was up. Thanks
Old 08-07-2016, 12:53 AM   #12
ihatenames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
understood, but I would prefer not to disable option years, prefer to play as close to realism as possible.

now that I know this will happen, all 40 man roster players on ST roster, and thus possible losses due to having to "waive & reassign" before the season starts, I will hopefully be able to have a good plan my pro & minor league rosters, that has contingencies in case of any losses.
The AI has to play by these rules too. If you have holes on your team that need filling check the wavier wire on opening day. There is usually decent options available. Always check their salary before claiming though. I've made that mistake more than once.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:03 PM   #13
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatenames View Post
The AI has to play by these rules too. If you have holes on your team that need filling check the wavier wire on opening day. There is usually decent options available. Always check their salary before claiming though. I've made that mistake more than once.

yea, recently made that mistake, did not look at the players contract, IIRC the player was arbitration eligible, tried signing him but he wanted way too much money so he went to arbitration where I ended up losing and paying him way more than I wanted. I guess I could have not "filed an offer" and just lost him but hoped I would win the arbitration hearing