Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 08-22-2018, 08:16 AM   #21
battists
Hall Of Famer

Yes, the option to watch instead of manage in-game is reversible, even in the middle of the game.

I noticed last night that it is a “sticky“ setting, too. So once you have set the game that way, the next time you start a new game, it remains that way. I noticed because I had changed the setting to test what you were asking, and then I tried to make a lineup change and it told me I couldn’t (Because I had given that control to the AI).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2018, 04:25 PM   #22
HonusWagner
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rassy7 View Post

Ideal game would be one without a strike zone the size of a walnut.

As someone whom identifies as trans-walnut I find the above remark offensive.
HonusWagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 07:15 PM   #23
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonusWagner View Post
As someone whom identifies as trans-walnut I find the above remark offensive.
You should really try to more often come out of your hard shell.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:02 AM   #24
HonusWagner
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
You should really try to more often come out of your hard shell.
No way Jose. In my safe-space I stay. Olay!

However, back to topic. There is a glitch I have noticed when creating new leagues. The initial stat/performance parameters stats are out of wack. That is, if I am not SURE to reset the parameters on the league stats settings before I run the first season, I will get hugely inflated batting league-wide (eg I have a league that plays a 132 game schedule. The single season HR record is 162.... One look at that and I'm like where's my emotional support animal, like - now - please.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:08 AM   #25
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:

However, back to topic. There is a glitch I have noticed when creating new leagues. The initial stat/performance parameters stats are out of wack. That is, if I am not SURE to reset the parameters on the league stats settings before I run the first season, I will get hugely inflated batting league-wide (eg I have a league that plays a 132 game schedule. The single season HR record is 162.... One look at that and I'm like where's my emotional support animal, like - now - please.
Can you tell me exactly what steps you take when starting a league where this happens so we can try to replicate it?

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 02:23 PM   #26
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Might I suggest creating your own thread for this? It's a totally different topic from this thread...
Old 08-23-2018, 03:04 PM   #27
HonusWagner
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Can you tell me exactly what steps you take when starting a league where this happens so we can try to replicate it?
Fairly straightforward...

1. Go to existing world's Global Settings, select create or add new league
2. I select create fictional league
3. I customize the fictional league according to my preferences
4. Delete the inaugural draft and the fake players therein
5. Create and run a FA draft in place of the inaugural draft.
6. Forget to change modifiers (this one is key) during preseason.
7. Sim for 5 seasons.
(PLEASE NOTE: in the examples given, the test league was created then sim'd on auto for 5 years. I did not make adjustments to the stat modifiers until after season 5)
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Old 08-24-2018, 01:12 AM   #28
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
snip
You may have picked the wrong game here. This is a 100% SABR oriented game, where players aren't human but instead are the exact same RNG's not only in that inning or at-bat, but every day of the year, with the exception of aging. Hot streaks and slumps don't really exist as they are just the random result one would see if flipping a coin a thousand times and it sometimes came up heads 8 times in a row instead of human players feeling (and performing) different at different times. The reason you don't see these types of human influence in the game isn't because it's missing... it's because they don't believe them to be a part of real baseball. They're wrong, of course, but so far it's still the best baseball game I've ever found.

Last edited by OldFatGuy; 08-24-2018 at 01:22 AM.
OldFatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:09 PM   #29
rassy7
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
You may have picked the wrong game here.
You're exactly right. Started a new season to see if Batists advice would change anything. Spent forever configuring my league/team. Got four games in. Game crashed. All minor leagues below AA cease to exist. Apparently it's a known bug. Ridiculous.

To quote myself in my original post:

Quote:
People new to this game, if you can, return it and get whatever amount you paid. It's not worth it. Not even close.
rassy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:15 PM   #30
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You're exactly right. Started a new season to see if Batists advice would change anything. Spent forever configuring my league/team. Got four games in. Game crashed. All minor leagues below AA cease to exist. Apparently it's a known bug. Ridiculous.

Known bug? I don't think so. Please provide the link to the discussion about this known bug,
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 04:29 PM   #31
rassy7
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Known bug? I don't think so. Please provide the link to the discussion about this known bug,
I'm just running a standard league, not historical as far as I know, but had a problem very similar to what these guys any several other experienced. There are so many threads relating to this, I'm having trouble finding the one where someone identified it as a well-known bug, but 1) seems like it is to me, and 2) if I find it, I'll add it here.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=274638
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=283039
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=275439
https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boa...d.php?t=202077
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=290030
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=186066
Old 08-31-2018, 04:52 PM   #32
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm just running a standard league, not historical as far as I know, but had a problem very similar to what these guys any several other experienced. There are so many threads relating to this, I'm having trouble finding the one where someone identified it as a well-known bug, but 1) seems like it is to me, and 2) if I find it, I'll add it here.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=274638
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=283039
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=275439
https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boa...d.php?t=202077
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=290030
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=186066
1. Posts from 2009 and 2010 wouldn't even be relevant to the current version.

2. Posts from last year's version might be the same bug, but there's not much info to go on and they don't mention the minors disappearing during the season.

The only post from this version is someone who did not understand how historical minors work. It is not the same thing you mentioned, which is that the minors disappeared four games into your season.

So far, I don't see any posts that mention the same "bug" that you referenced as a "known bug".
Old 08-31-2018, 05:51 PM   #33
rassy7
Bat Boy

Quote:
1. Posts from 2009 and 2010 wouldn't even be relevant to the current version.

2. Posts from last year's version might be the same bug, but there's not much info to go on and they don't mention the minors disappearing during the season.

The only post from this version is someone who did not understand how historical minors work. It is not the same thing you mentioned, which is that the minors disappeared four games into your season.

So far, I don't see any posts that mention the same "bug" that you referenced as a "known bug".
The fact that this has been happening across 10 years isn't exactly encouraging. In every version, someone had to report it first. I guess I'm leading the way in 2018.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=274638 This guy reported missing teams last year. Crickets on a fix.

These threads are in addition to many, many more reporting missing players from minors, not just the rookies in the historical leagues, but across the board. There is obviously an issue with minor league disappearances. Bug.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OOTP/commen...minor_leagues/ This was posted 8 months ago. Allow me to quote from it.

"The vanishing minor leagues post-2016 are a known bug."

Whether or not it happens during the season or the offseason doesn't matter. It happens and in most cases, it's part of an all-of-a-sudden occurrence.

What I don't understand is the game CTD. Obviously I didn't save it and a CTD doesn't save it either, but when I loaded the game, the minors below AA were gone. Somehow it not only crashed the game, but permanently altered the save. That's one hell of a crash. I haven't seen that result from a crash in any other games I play and I play quite a few.

I had made no customizations to my league. No modding of any kind. It was as vanilla as it gets and was meant as a test bed for battists suggestions.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:59 PM   #34
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OOTP/commen...minor_leagues/ This was posted 8 months ago. Allow me to quote from it.

How about applying the fix as described in the same thread?

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 06:16 PM   #35
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The poster is referring to the historical minor leagues ending upon completion of the real-life period in the game. It is clearly NOT the same thing that you described.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:38 PM   #36
rassy7
Bat Boy

Quote:
The poster is referring to the historical minor leagues ending upon completion of the real-life period in the game. It is clearly NOT the same thing that you described.
Well, as long as we're able to find an agreement on the definition and scope of the bug, that's what matters.

Fact is, the OOTP 19, vanilla, standard game crashed four games in, permanently altered the save and did so in a way that is at the very least, similar, to what many others are experiencing, if not step-by-step, at least in the outcome, and have been for several years/versions. Maybe it's a mix of several other commonly-reported problems. Maybe it's new. What thing it isn't is solved, and despite some dialogue here,
Quote:
Posts from last year's version might be the same bug, but there's not much info to go on
it look like there remains "not much info to go on."
Old 09-01-2018, 12:24 PM   #37
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:

Fact is, the OOTP 19, vanilla, standard game crashed four games in, permanently altered the save and did so in a way that is at the very least, similar, to what many others are experiencing, if not step-by-step, at least in the outcome, and have been for several years/versions. Maybe it's a mix of several other commonly-reported problems. Maybe it's new. What thing it isn't is solved, and despite some dialogue here,

it look like there remains "not much info to go on."
So are you using Historical Minors or did you set up the game using the Quickstart? If this was a common occurrence, there would be a lot more people posting about it, but since it only seems to be happening to you, then there is something you are not telling us. How did you set up your league(s)? What are you doing when the crash happens? Your posts are jumping all over the place and pointing to issues that have happened over many versions and the common thread is "Historical Minors", not the "vanilla" game.

Have you posted this in the Tech Support boards yet and uploaded your files to have them look at them so they can see if this is really a problem? You say you want to find a solution, yet the only posts you have made are in the General or New To Game forums.....so why don't you post them in the Tech Support forum so Markus and/or Matt can look at what is going on and get to the bottom of this.

Here is the link to the Tech Support forum

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3937

Last edited by ohiodevil; 09-01-2018 at 12:30 PM.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote