Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-01-2018, 12:12 PM   #1
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Angry Game Not Working!!

The game and downloads take 11.6GB on my computer. I'm running Windows 10. Is my computer strong enough?

Freezing problems started after I went into Add-on Central and downloaded the three Pstrickert ballpark files, the 2016 All-in-one-mod and the Complete Historical and Modern Photo Face Pack.

I can see all the pictures in the game. That's Great!

I noticed that the game programs comes with "dafault data" zip files with items like ballcap_files, ballpark_files, logo_files, etc. So I tried extracting those but I get a Compressed Folder Error which says,

"Compressed (zipped) Folders was unable to create the specified directory. Ensure that the directory does not already exist, and that the path entered is valid."

Do I extract these files, and given this error message, how do I extract them? That's one problem.

A second problem involves the baseball. I cannot see it. I made the players bigger (120) but no baseball.

So I made the ball bigger. No baseball.

So I reverted to player (100) and ball (normal). No baseball.

NOW THE GAME KEEPS CRASHING!!! First time, it crashed after three pitches. Now, it crashes before the first pitch, most of the time. Sometimes I get four to six pitches in. No baseball, players misaligned, CRASHES!

It just says, "not responding" and the blue circle of death. Everything was fine until I downloaded those files.

GAME CRASHES EVERYTIME!
No Baseball is seen!
And I wonder how to extract those default data files --if necessary

Is my computer too small to support 11.5GB of memory used?
RavensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 01:19 PM   #2
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

when you download the Pstricert files and other one, on the same screen, simply click the install button on the Add-Ons page. it will put them in the correct place.
no, you don't need to extract any of the game's default zip files. Nor should you.
how big is your HD? the game gets very large after a while, but a 2 TB HD should be more than enough. Personally, i store all my back-ups and data on a 2nd HD - but that's not due to storage issues, it's in case of a disaster on my main drive, i've got my data elsewhere.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 04:53 PM   #3
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I downloaded the Pstickert, etc and then added them to the server.

I have a 1TB hard drive.

My computer was building a back up for the information. We stopped it thinking that was making the computer both run the game program and work to save information at the same time but that didn't work.

We restarted the computer, we disabled some programs. No baseball throws and hits on the screen, and CRASHES!

Should I have not added the downloads to the Add Server? But could that really be the problem?

Seems like the computer is just having trouble with all the data.

Last edited by RavensFan; 04-01-2018 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:46 PM   #4
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan View Post
I downloaded the Pstickert, etc and then added them to the server.

I have a 1TB hard drive.

My computer was building a back up for the information. We stopped it thinking that was making the computer both run the game program and work to save information at the same time but that didn't work.

We restarted the computer, we disabled some programs. No baseball throws and hits on the screen, and CRASHES!

Should I have not added the downloads to the Add Server? But could that really be the problem?

Seems like the computer is just having trouble with all the data.
Why are you adding downloads to the server? There's a button beside all three Pstrickert stadium files. After it's done downloading, it will turn from "Download" to "Install". Press "Install" and it will install the files where they need to go. No problemo.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:57 PM   #5
Reed
All Star Starter

No you shouldnÂ’t have to extract any files and donÂ’t delete any. The files you added from the add ones shouldnÂ’t cause any problems.

The only thing I do every year is download the game install it and let it do it’s thing creating a shortcut on my desktop. Open the shortcut, license the game, go in and play around to see how it looks. Close out and go to opening screen and go to add on central. Add the servor and click download for the mods I want and then click install. Close out of that screen. Make any change I want on “setting”. And then open the game and create my league and I am on my way.

You probably need someone more computer savvy than me to help you at this stage but if it was me, I might reloading the most current update that is listed under general discussion on this forum and hope I could then just go in and play. If that didn’t work, I would unlicensed the game (in the “setting” area”), delete it from my computer and then download the game again and follow the procedures in the above paragraph.

Again, IÂ’m not that computer savvy and hopefully someone else can chime in. Sorry I couldnÂ’t help more.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:52 PM   #6
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I did that because directions were to add to the server when I downloaded and installed the ootp19, ootp classic and ootp dark.

I thought that meant whenever I download and install something in the Add-ons list I needed to add it to the server.

That's what I did with the ballparks and the photos. They are now in the game.

Should I uninstall the game and delete everything and start over? Would that affect my ability to re-install? How many times can I install the game?

Lastly, right now, I can go between two and six pitches before the game CRASHES.

During those pitches, the players are misaligned... batter and catcher are not in the box. Runners run outside the lines. Some players even have red dots under them.

And I only occasionally see the ball. If it gets hit to the outfield, instead of a throw coming from the outfielder, it's the catcher who throws. Sometimes the second basemen will field a ball but the out is recorded by the third basemen in foul territory. On strikeouts, the catcher throws to each infielder-- it's not around the horn. Everything was perfect before the downloads with regard to animation. Now, the animation is all screwed and the game is useless. I cannot get beyond 6 pitches and we tried every remedy suggested by the developer, which are below:

Try rebooting your system.
Update your graphic and sound card drivers (if you're on a PC). On a Mac make sure you have the latest OS update installed. If not, then please install it.
If you are on a PC, run the game / installer as admin (right-click on icon, select run as admin)
Also if you are on a PC, make sure to check the hard drive OOTP is installed on for errors/and or run defrag on it.
If you are in windowed mode try switching to fullscreen mode. In a few cases this has fixed issues with the game freezing for folks. We're working on figuring out a fix but this might help for now.
If that doesn't help, to try to narrow down what might be causing problems, try the following:
- First, restart your computer.
- Then make sure to create an exception or whitelist OOTP in your anti-virus and firewall programs. Or, even better, completely disable both for a little while (To reduce any risks, disconnect the computer from the network first).
- Then shut down any non-essential programs that are running other than OOTP.
- Then start OOTP up and try playing for a while and see if it still crashes in the same place.
- If not, then you'll basically just want to play the game without anything else running in the background, since one of those programs was likely causing issues with the game.
If the crash is happening when playing out a game in 3d, please try this: Go to the 3d and facegen screen on the settings tab and then set the audience detail to simplified, and/or lower the audience quality. If the game still crashes while playing out a game, try lowering both settings all the way and/or switching them off entirely. Also, go to 3d settings and select OpenGL with Fastblit mode and try playing a game with that set.

If it still crashes, then we'll need some more information from you.

So please let us know the following:

Are you on a PC or Mac?
What OS are you using?
Do you have the game on Steam, Origin or the Standalone?
If you are on a Mac, what specific model Mac do you have? Also if you're on a Mac please attach the Mac crash report that pops up after a crash.
What are your system specs (especially your video card and your amount of memory)?
Where exactly does your game crash? What are you doing just before it crashes? Can you consistently get the crash to repeat by doing the same thing or is it seemingly random? Do you get an error message? If so, what?
Does this crash in only one saved game or in multiple saves? If only one, then we'll need to see your league files as per the instructions in my sig (or you can just upload to Dropbox/Google Drive and post a link)
It would also help us to have the game generated trace file.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:56 PM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

11.5gb of storage or of RAM? if it's RAM while running, it likely has a memory leak that will be fixed.

~2gb is about normal working RAM, from past ootp's.. haven't checked resource monitor while ootp19 is running.

pretty sure you speak of storage, and that's not a problem. think the "add the server" part is just commonication-related too. if you downloaded tha addons you did it "right" no matter which words you use to communicate.

okay, you should just wipe it clean and start fresh.. do not touch the default data directories... that's installed when you install the game.. in game you can re-install from defaults and that's why it exists... if any problems arise, load up game, go to settings (app settings not a league) and click "expert" or "troubleshoting" tab in the settings window and you'll find an options that is similar to "restore default data"

you never have to do that by hand.

so

oops, edit: 1A) uninstall all of ootp, even delete the directory in this case... any old saved league could be corrupted.

1B) re-install
2) download whaetver packs you want form add-ons central.
3) click install for each downloaded add-on pack.
4) create a new game.

graphics problems:

do you have new drivers for your video card? check manufacturer's web site for latest drivers.. intel, amd or nvidia.. don't rely on windows update for your graphics drivers.. those are likely old and/or crappy.

if you'venever changed any graphic settings outside of the game, don't worry about those.. if you have meddled with any graphics card settings outside the game, reset them to default options.

try the game with normal settings... then try increasing ball size... verify no problems... then increaseplayer size and verify no problem... 1-by-1 to troubleshoot.. then try them together.

could chekc bug forums too.. see if others are having the same problem increasing size of ball.. i'd wager it's all the extra stuff you did that somehow caused it to occur.

so start fresh, keep it simple, then add the extra stuff in 1-by-1 to troubleshoot the origin of your problem.. if all goes well, as it should, it was probably self-inflicted, no worries, it happens to the best of us.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-01-2018 at 07:59 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:57 PM   #8
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I downloaded the ballparks and pictures from the Add-on Central. I got zip files. When I opened those files, I saw no pictures. When I extracted the files, I saw pictures in a folder.

That's when I deleted the zip file., It seemed silly to have a zip file and the folder with all the pictures I just pulled from the zip file. I only deleted the ballparks and pictures zip files.

The pictures and ballparks are in the game.

I did add the ballpark and photos to the server because I thought that's what you do with downloads.

IF I uninstall or unlicense the game, do I lose my ability to reinstall it?
Old 04-01-2018, 07:59 PM   #9
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Can I uninstall or delete everything and still reinstall the game?

Do I lose any license or do I need to deauthorize or anything? I just don't want to uninstall and then won't be allowed to start over.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:31 PM   #10
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Can I uninstall or delete everything and still reinstall the game?

Do I lose any license or do I need to deauthorize or anything? I just don't want to uninstall and then won't be allowed to start over.
if you uninstall, un-license first. i always do that, so i keep 2 licenses, just in case. Make certain you have the serial number somewhere safe, as you'll probably need to re-enter it when you reinstall the game.

yes, if on a PC, when you uninstall you probably will get the option to delete all folders, or to keep data folders (been a long time since i've done that, so can't recall the actual wording anymore.). If you delete everything all, you'll get a clean reinstall. But you will lose those Stadiums and AIO you downloaded earlier.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen

Last edited by mitchkenn; 04-01-2018 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:39 PM   #11
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

yeah, forgot about taht part..definitely unlicense, or you would have to contact customer support at esellerate or whatever that process is of recovering a license.. .you do get 2, but why waste one, of course. if it does somehow happen, you can recover them through a customer service of ootp/esellerate.

also, anythign you download from addon's central you can delete the archive if you want... keeping it ona 1tb drive shouldn't be a problem, either.

if something gets corrupted or replaced, you simply click "install" again for that addon.. or you have to re-download it again... whichever you prefer.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-01-2018 at 08:41 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:57 PM   #12
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How do I un-license? Where do I go to do that?

Also, confused. Do I extract the ballparks and photos from the zip file after I install from Add-on Central or will they work within the zip file? If I extract, can I delete that PStricert ballpark zips and the photos package zips?

Last edited by RavensFan; 04-01-2018 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:16 PM   #13
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How do I un-license? Where do I go to do that?

Also, confused. Do I extract the ballparks and photos from the zip file after I install from Add-on Central or will they work within the zip file? If I extract, can I delete that PStricert ballpark zips and the photos package zips?
not at my game computer - so i am trying to remember what things are called and where they are located ....... but the un-license is on the main screen. under FILE .... click that and a row of tabs should appear .... one is a file called LICENSE. Click on that and it gives you the option to un-license.

after you download a file from Add-on Central the download box will turn into an INSTALL box. All you need to is click install. The file will be installed in the correct folder and you need to nothing else. I don't think you need to delete the ballparks zip or photo package. They take up space, but i am not certain if they are needed or not. So i never have deleted them from my game.

EDIT:

let me get my game computer up and running, and i'll verify the location of the un-license tab ....... i'll respond in about 10 min.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 04-01-2018 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:18 PM   #14
RavensFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So, do I extract the ballpark and player photo images from the installed zip files I pull from Add-on Central or will the game find the images in the zip file anyway?

I have a normal Windows 10 computer. Would a gaming computer solve my problems or should this game work on my PC as well?

Last edited by RavensFan; 04-01-2018 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:27 PM   #15
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So, do I extract the images from the installed zip files I pull from Add-on Central or will the game find the images in the zip file anyway?
you don't need to extract anything from the zip files you downloaded for Add-on central. INSTALL button does all that for you.

on game main screen (the one you play game from)
there is FILE. Click on that. drop down menu appears. click on SETTINGS.
6 tabs appear. Interface, MISC, 3D & Facegen, LICENSE, Expert, troubleshooting.
Click On LICENSE.
you are given one bar to click. Release License / un-license game.
click on that and that license is freed to use when you reinstall the game. At this point, you are ready to uninstall OOPT 19.

hope this helps as i'm gone for the rest of the night. Good luck.