Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 08-11-2018, 07:05 PM   #61
Scoman
All Star Starter

Ill tell you what...I'm just chomping at the bit waiting to get a hold of this game...Release can't be soon enough.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:43 AM   #62
aquatix
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoman View Post
Ill tell you what...I'm just chomping at the bit waiting to get a hold of this game...Release can't be soon enough.
No doubt! Remind me of the anticipated release time? I'm trying to get my "fix" in the meantime with online play of Madden 19 CFM
Old 08-19-2018, 05:46 PM   #63
SxSnts9
Minors (Double A)

Is this game cancelled??

Football season is already upon us. I've been looking forward to this release but no news at all since April?
Old 08-19-2018, 06:48 PM   #64
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by SxSnts9 View Post
Football season is already upon us. I've been looking forward to this release but no news at all since April?
From the first post in this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We will have a proper announcement about the features and the release (we'll have a PC and Mac version) once we get closer to beta testing, so probably late Summer / Fall.
We're more than a month away from the end of the summer. Be patient. There's absolutely no reason to believe this game isn't coming. Jim has had 8 successful releases of FOF over the last 20 years. FWIW, typically he finishes the development between late October and mid-December. Details of past release dates can be found here.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:56 PM   #65
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

He actually said this at the end of the message. "We'll keep you posted!"

Unless I am missing a post he has not kept us posted
Old 08-21-2018, 07:21 PM   #66
Reggie
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatcat View Post

Right? At least tell me where to send my money.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:19 AM   #67
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatcat View Post

I read "we'll keep you posted" as a follow-on to the previous sentence--that there'd be another update in late summer/early fall. While that may not fit your definition of "keep you posted," it's pretty clearly the one defined in that post. I wouldn't expect to hear anything until then.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:21 PM   #68
rmoons24
Minors (Single A)

the lack of news or updates is very concerning. OOTP seems to really have dropped the ball on this football game.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:30 PM   #69
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Guys, all is good. Development is progressing, Jim and Chris are working on the game full time. And we have a solid plan how the V1 release will be rolled out. We will share more about the game and have the proper announcement once we are ready to accept pre-orders, but this is still a few months away.

Once the official announcement is made, we'll engage in active discussions and answer all your questions

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 08-22-2018 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:52 PM   #70
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Guys, all is good. Development is progressing, Jim and Chris are working on the game full time. And we have a solid plan how the V1 release will be rolled out. We will share more about the game and have the proper announcement once we are ready to accept pre-orders, but this is still a few months away.

Once the official announcement is made, we'll engage in active discussions and answer all your questions

So. wait... does this mean we could actually have it in time for this season?!!!
Old 08-22-2018, 07:30 PM   #71
Reggie
Major Leagues

Quote:

Old 08-23-2018, 12:02 PM   #72
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

Thanks as usual Markus!! We can't wait!!! Looking forward to make my pre-order on day 1!!!!
Old 08-23-2018, 02:28 PM   #73
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

...and when the football game is finished,hopefully a pro basketball game follow's in it's footsteps.
Old 08-23-2018, 05:50 PM   #74
drksd4848
All Star Starter

In the meantime, the folks at Wolverine Studios have you covered. I've been playing their stuff lately. It's pretty good. The College basketball game seems almost as immersive as OOTP.
Old 08-24-2018, 01:24 PM   #75
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
In the meantime, the folks at Wolverine Studios have you covered. I've been playing their stuff lately. It's pretty good. The College basketball game seems almost as immersive as OOTP.
Only problem is Mac people like myself are SOL.
Old 08-25-2018, 03:52 PM   #76
KC
Major Leagues

Here I was looking for a good football simulator. Hmmm. I can't wait.

Ted Williams: "When you foul a pitch off, does it ever smell like scorched wood?"
Mark McGwire: "All the time."
Old 08-25-2018, 09:16 PM   #77
monkeystyxx
Minors (Triple A)

I've played FOF before, and I love the idea of that game with a more user-friendly interface. Can't wait!

Has anyone mentioned whether the game will have high school, college and pro leagues in the same 'universe', OOTP style? It'd be awesome to finally be able to follow guys through the whole journey in a sim. FOF was pro only though.

Is it reasonable to assume that the first version under OOTP will just be "FOF but pretty", and then maybe they'll develop more OOTP-like features in future?
Old 08-26-2018, 01:18 PM   #78
DannyH
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeystyxx View Post
I've played FOF before, and I love the idea of that game with a more user-friendly interface. Can't wait!

Has anyone mentioned whether the game will have high school, college and pro leagues in the same 'universe', OOTP style? It'd be awesome to finally be able to follow guys through the whole journey in a sim. FOF was pro only though.

Is it reasonable to assume that the first version under OOTP will just be "FOF but pretty", and then maybe they'll develop more OOTP-like features in future?
That is my dream for the future too!

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=288987
Old 08-26-2018, 03:06 PM   #79
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeystyxx View Post

I think it is definitely safe to say it will not have all the features and customization of OOTP 19. But I also think it's safe to say it won't just be identical to the last version of FOF with a new interface. There will surely be new features.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:25 PM   #80
sketchy1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just got a PS4 and hadn't played a Madden game in like 6 years so I bought Madden 19. I naively thought they might have removed a lot of the small stupid errors here and there, but instead there's MORE crap. The gameplay itself is much tougher and I was more interested in treating it like a game of OOTP (I loved NFL Head Coach 09 and stuff like that), which it's OK for that. But reading this gets me excited! Definitely not buying another EA football game.