Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 08-01-2016, 03:21 PM   #61
Bobbuttons
Hall Of Famer

Well, no room on the bench for Uribe, apparently, as he was just designated.

Gibson swings, and a fly ball to deep right field! This is gonna be a home run! Unbelievable! A home run for Gibson! And the Dodgers have won the game, 5 to 4; I don't believe what I just saw! I don't believe what I just saw!
Bobbuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:28 PM   #62
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

That really surprised me because he is so good in the clubhouse, but I guess when you can barely hit .200 and commit as many errors as he has lately it makes sense.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:46 PM   #63
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodevil View Post
Well the Indians got an outfielder, not a huge move but I really like it because it moves Ramirez to 3b everyday and Uribe to the bench.

Indians Acquire Brandon Guyer - MLB Trade Rumors
Meh. Guyer isn't really that great. I saw him for a couple years at AAA Durham. I think it basically means Chiz won't play against lefties. He might play more than that until Brantley gets back. At best this is Ryan Raburn returning.

Glad they ditched Uribe. I don't care how good he in the clubhouse. They need production from everyone, even if it is marginal scope like a pinch hitter against lefties.

Last edited by TribeFanInNC; 08-01-2016 at 03:48 PM.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:50 PM   #64
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

I like the move mainly because they didn't give up much for him and he is killing left handed pitching (344 (22-for-64) with four doubles, four homers, nine RB) and he can play all three positions, but will most likely play RF and Almonte and Davis will be in LF until Brantley comes back.

I heard that Texas may acquire Lucroy now.....
Old 08-01-2016, 06:35 PM   #65
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

From the Fantasy Mirrors Reality Department....

Yan Gomes is hitting .173/.232/.263 with 3 HR and 15 RBI
Roberto Perez is hitting .075/.197/.132 in 61 PAs
on June 17 in my OOTP 2016 Indians playthough

I'm starting to think OOTP is TOO realistic sometimes...
Old 08-01-2016, 06:47 PM   #66
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFanInNC View Post
From the Fantasy Mirrors Reality Department....

Yan Gomes is hitting .173/.232/.263 with 3 HR and 15 RBI
Roberto Perez is hitting .075/.197/.132 in 61 PAs
on June 17 in my OOTP 2016 Indians playthough

I'm starting to think OOTP is TOO realistic sometimes...
If that is the case then the Indians will beat the Nationals in the World Series 4-2
Old 08-02-2016, 04:58 PM   #67
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Well, this falls under the "bedwetting" category:
Indians put All-Star Salazar on DL with elbow inflammation
Old 08-03-2016, 10:01 AM   #68
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

I think it's more precautionary than anything else and it does not worry me too much since they have both Anderson and Clevenger already with the team, so one of them will get his spot in the rotation until he comes back. This inability to beat the Twins has me more worried, how can they be so good against Detroit, Chicago and KC but be so bad against one of the worst teams in baseball?
Old 08-04-2016, 07:42 AM   #69
Bobbuttons
Hall Of Famer

This is getting out of hand. Now a rookie pitcher that's given up 17 hits in 16 innings, along with 9 walks, stands between us and a 4 game sweep at home to the team with the worst record in the American League. Good grief.

Gibson swings, and a fly ball to deep right field! This is gonna be a home run! Unbelievable! A home run for Gibson! And the Dodgers have won the game, 5 to 4; I don't believe what I just saw! I don't believe what I just saw!
Old 08-04-2016, 08:32 AM   #70
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, it's been a pretty bad week. To fair, the Twins are 18-11 since July 1, so they aren't as horrible as they were in April and May (when we still couldn't beat them). But we should be able to keep all teams under 10 runs per game.

I'm scared to listen today. I don't want to ruin my mood at work.

EDIT: LGT captured the feeling about right in the title here:http://www.letsgotribe.com/2016/8/3/...-by-a-score-of

Last edited by TribeFanInNC; 08-04-2016 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:14 AM   #71
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Hopefully Tito and Mickey getting tossed last night will light a fire under this teams butt and they start to hit the ball and get guys out again. The starters have an ERA over 22.00 against the Twins in this series....hopefully it's just a bad stretch and they will snap out of it soon.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:59 PM   #72
Bobbuttons
Hall Of Famer

What this team wouldn't give right for just one starter to give them 6 innings...

Old 08-04-2016, 02:06 PM   #73
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Honestly, I'll take 4.1 OK innings by Clevenger. Otero was clutch in the 5th. Hopefully it holds up. Maybe Miller and Allen can give them 3 innings.

EDIT: Otero also good in the 6th. More noteworthy, Miller called to get the last out in the sixth. I think Terry wants to win this game. lol
(though I assume that usage means Shaw will pitch the 8th. Ugh...)

Last edited by TribeFanInNC; 08-04-2016 at 02:16 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:23 PM   #74
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Alright guys, is Miller the closer now or is it still Allen? Yahoo has a blurb on Millers fantasy info saying he is the closer with Allen moving to setup, but based on today's doings, I think they may be full of beans and talking out their yahoo Of course, I'm guessing the last few games have messed with the situation, so today might not be telling. Oh and less me Tigres explode over the next couple innings it looks like the winning streak is over. Zimmermann's return did not go well.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 03:32 PM   #75
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Alright guys, is Miller the closer now or is it still Allen? Yahoo has a blurb on Millers fantasy info saying he is the closer with Allen moving to setup, but based on today's doings, I think they may be full of beans and talking out their yahoo Of course, I'm guessing the last few games have messed with the situation, so today might not be telling. Oh and less me Tigres explode over the next couple innings it looks like the winning streak is over. Zimmermann's return did not go well.
Well, hard to say at this point since they haven't had any save opportunities. They used Shaw in the 7th and Allen in the 8th on Tuesday when they were losing 8-6. Then today they used Miller in the 6th and 7th leading 4-2, but then the Indians scored a bunch runs, used Shaw in the 8th and never needed to use Allen.

My guess is Allen is still the primary closer. Tito seems to be using Miller in the highest leverage situations where needed. He faced the top of the Twins order today (including Mauer and Dozier). I can't say it isn't impossible Miller gets saves though.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:38 PM   #76
Bobbuttons
Hall Of Famer

Our long national nightmare is over. And I don't believe this team has lost more than 3 in a row all year still, right?

Old 08-04-2016, 03:41 PM   #77
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbuttons View Post
Our long national nightmare is over. And I don't believe this team has lost more than 3 in a row all year still, right?
Confirmed on bb-ref. They have several 3-game losing streaks, but none longer than that. Glad they won today.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:06 PM   #78
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Francona said he will go with whoever he thinks gives them the best chance to win the game, but odds are Allen is still the closer but Miller will get his fair share of save opps.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:48 AM   #79
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

I don't think that matters since both guys can get out either lefties or righties....but lately it doesn't matter since no starter has gone past the 5th inning.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:37 AM   #80
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Tomlin is pitching terrible....how much longer can they stick with him? And if they make a change, does it happen when Salazar comes back and stick with Clevenger in the rotation?