Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 07-25-2016, 08:58 AM   #41
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Yep, I heard Chapman to Cubs talk on Mike and Mike this morning also. Ditto on the rentals.

Bit of a tough convention road trip. Hopefully some home cookin' and a couple off days this week will get them back on track.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:08 AM   #42
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Would have liked them to get at least one against Baltimore, but I will take the 4-5 on the road trip since they still have a 6 game lead in the division. Washington will be tough, but being at home I will be ok with a split with them (quick 2 game series), then get back to business with 7 games against Oakland and Minnesota, so hopefully they get rolling there.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:19 AM   #43
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Lindor with the first walk off hit of his career....the look on his face was awesome, reminded me of watching a Little League game and seeing a kid come through in a big spot. Big win for the Tribe last night.

Last edited by ohiodevil; 07-27-2016 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-31-2016, 01:13 AM   #44
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Looks like the Indians landed Lucroy

Wade Davis To Undergo MRI On Right Arm - MLB Trade Rumors
Old 07-31-2016, 08:48 AM   #45
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

I saw that they had pulled him from the starting lineup and everybody figured something was up. With a Brantley return up in the air, I'm OK with this. We'll see what the return is, seems to be players mostly several years away from the bigs.
Old 07-31-2016, 08:53 AM   #46
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

The hill for Detroit may be a little steeper now.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:04 AM   #47
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFanInNC View Post
I saw that they had pulled him from the starting lineup and everybody figured something was up. With a Brantley return up in the air, I'm OK with this. We'll see what the return is, seems to be players mostly several years away from the bigs.
Here is what they are saying in the local paper:

If the deal goes through, the Indians are expected to send catcher Francisco Mejia, outfielder Greg Allen and shortstop Yu-Chen Chang to the Brewers for Lucroy. A fourth player could also be headed the Brewers way.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:06 AM   #48
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

And now the Indians acquired Miller from the Yankees

Indians To Acquire Andrew Miller - MLB Trade Rumors

Not happy they gave up Frazier in that deal, but getting a pitcher like him who is under control for 2 more seasons makes it easier to swallow.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:24 AM   #49
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodevil View Post
Here is what they are saying in the local paper:

If the deal goes through, the Indians are expected to send catcher Francisco Mejia, outfielder Greg Allen and shortstop Yu-Chen Chang to the Brewers for Lucroy. A fourth player could also be headed the Brewers way.
I had heard they were considering Sheffield or Triston McKenzie. Though apparently Sheffield is being sent to the Yankees, that is apparently off the table.

These are bold moves by the Tribe if they are true.

And of course most importantly, I need them to keep Allen as the closer for my fantasy team. lol

Last edited by TribeFanInNC; 07-31-2016 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:39 AM   #50
Bobbuttons
Hall Of Famer

Well, people can't say that the Indians' front office doesn't go big at the trade deadline...at least for another few years. Hopefully this helps, but we need to get Uribe out of the lineup. It's not as bad now, as you can't trust a playoff run on a lineup that features two guys batting under .200 (I think Uribe's slightly over that, but he's been dropping like a rock). Now that Gomes is going to move to backup when he gets back it won't be as bad.

Gibson swings, and a fly ball to deep right field! This is gonna be a home run! Unbelievable! A home run for Gibson! And the Dodgers have won the game, 5 to 4; I don't believe what I just saw! I don't believe what I just saw!
Bobbuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:40 AM   #51
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Someone on the local sports talk radio said they think it will be a lower prospect to Milwaukee because they don't think the Indians would trade both Sheffield and McKenzie, but the one thing we can finally say about the Indians farm system, is that is deep and they have guys coming through the pipeline that will fill in the slots they just traded away. I am more excited that both Lucroy and Miller are controlled after this season, so it's not a one and done for the Tribe!

And it sounds like Allen will remain the closer.....for now
Old 07-31-2016, 09:44 AM   #52
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbuttons View Post
Well, people can't say that the Indians' front office doesn't go big at the trade deadline...at least for another few years. Hopefully this helps, but we need to get Uribe out of the lineup. It's not as bad now, as you can't trust a playoff run on a lineup that features two guys batting under .200 (I think Uribe's slightly over that, but he's been dropping like a rock). Now that Gomes is going to move to backup when he gets back it won't be as bad.
I wouldn't be surprised to see them go get an outfielder, but a second or third tier guy to get Uribe out of the lineup, maybe after the Aug 1st deadline. I did hear that Brantley is progressing and could be back soon, so anything they get from him is just icing on the cake.

I could see Gomes getting traded in the offseason (if they find a taker), because they won't want to pay a backup what he is scheduled to make ($4.5mil in 2017, $5.9mil in 2018 and $7mil in 2019...plus 2 Team Option years $9mil and $11mil in 2020 & 2021). The nice thing is if Napoli walks after the season, Lucroy can play 1b and Gomes can slide back behind the plate. It's a good situation to have.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:52 AM   #53
Bobbuttons
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiodevil View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see them go get an outfielder, but a second or third tier guy to get Uribe out of the lineup, maybe after the Aug 1st deadline. I did hear that Brantley is progressing and could be back soon, so anything they get from him is just icing on the cake.

I could see Gomes getting traded in the offseason (if they find a taker), because they won't want to pay a backup what he is scheduled to make ($4.5mil in 2017, $5.9mil in 2018 and $7mil in 2019...plus 2 Team Option years $9mil and $11mil in 2020 & 2021). The nice thing is if Napoli walks after the season, Lucroy can play 1b and Gomes can slide back behind the plate. It's a good situation to have.
I do like the flexibility that the trade gives us. And, should Brantley come back (and hopefully he does, soon), he goes back to the outfield and Ramirez moves to third full time. Finally starting to add some depth.

Gibson swings, and a fly ball to deep right field! This is gonna be a home run! Unbelievable! A home run for Gibson! And the Dodgers have won the game, 5 to 4; I don't believe what I just saw! I don't believe what I just saw!
Old 07-31-2016, 10:01 AM   #54
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFanInNC View Post
I had heard they were considering Sheffield or Triston McKenzie. Though apparently Sheffield is being sent to the Yankees, that is apparently off the table.

These are bold moves by the Tribe if they are true.

And of course most importantly, I need them to keep Allen as the closer for my fantasy team. lol

Not happy that the Indians just got stronger, but fantasy league wise I'm happy Miller is staying in the AL. In my league I have a huge lead in holds, so I'm hoping he ends up being your new closer
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 10:58 AM   #55
Bobbuttons
Hall Of Famer

Well, so much for that. Looks like the idiot vetoed the trade.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:17 AM   #56
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

I heard it was money related, he wanted an extension or more money in next year's contract....not that big a deal, sure he would have been an upgrade behind the plate but now maybe they can focus on an OF or 3b or grab one of the lesser catchers out there.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:23 AM   #57
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

ESPN’s Buster Olney tweets that the efforts to convince Lucroy to approve the trade will continue, so the book on the proposed trade may not be fully closed just yet. Lucroy, it should be noted, is on one of the most team-friendly contracts in Major League Baseball, and teams will often utilize financial incentives to convince players to waive no-trade clauses. An extension or at least a restructuring of his 2017 salary ($5.25MM) could make sense, though that’s simply speculation on my behalf.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:37 AM   #58
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

I've worn off my Lucroy hangover. Disappointed he was a tool, but can understand that he probably didn't want to switch positions or get stuck in some weird situation with no leverage. Really the issue was with the Brewers not clearing the deal before agreeing to it, but I don't care about being rational. Still hoping we can get some sort of bat. Will be watching the rumors today.

Two interesting things I did learn yesterday:
a) We have a prospect with an active 42-game hitting streak (Mejia) - and we almost traded him!
b) We have a Single A team (Lynchburg) that is 67-38 right now. Maybe we really do have too many prospects

Great sweep of the A's. Enjoyed watching the Indians do something with all the pitches Sonny Gray grooved yesterday. Continued home cooking with the Twinkies in town starting tonight.

Last edited by TribeFanInNC; 08-01-2016 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:15 AM   #59
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

They have been talking about the Lucroy (non) trade all morning on the local sports talk radio, and I guess the two issues were 1) he wanted guarantees on playing time next season and the Indians were not going to commit to anything until they knew what was going on with Gomes and 2) he wanted to either be a free agent, which the Indians would not go for, or have them sign him to a new extension around the $12-$15+ mil per year deal, and we all know that is not something the Indians would do.

I think I am over it now, he looks like a jackass, especially after publicly coming out many times saying he wants to play for a contender. I would be surprised if he got dealt and if he does, the haul for him won't be nearly as good as the one the Indians were going to give up.

After letting the Andrew Miller trade sink in, I really am excited about it and am ok with the guys they gave up for him. I like that he is under contract for 2 more seasons and that he and Allen will make a great back end of the bullpen, and I like that Allen said he does not care where he pitches, all he wants to do is win. I think the trade was great for both teams.

The Indians do have a deep farm system and I think there are going to be guys who will slide right into those spots they traded and they will keep on chugging along. I am encouraged with the reports on Brady Aiken, even though his ERA is over 8.00 he has been missing bats and he could develop into the prospect they thought he was going to be.

Hope they can take at least 3 of 4 from Minnesota so there can be more:

Old 08-01-2016, 03:00 PM   #60
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Well the Indians got an outfielder, not a huge move but I really like it because it moves Ramirez to 3b everyday and Uribe to the bench.

Indians Acquire Brandon Guyer - MLB Trade Rumors