Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-27-2015, 10:44 AM   #41
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Yes, I see that but there is something strange about that screen print. The address in the window's title bar says:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 16\data\skins\ootp 16

but the highlight in the navigation window is on:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 16\data\skins

Your addresses, of course, are slightly different. I copied those locations from my windows.
Sorry, here is what you see after highlighting the proper path.

And because I know someone will ask: yes, I am certain I am still opening the game with the skin ootp 16. I am not opening it with either ootp 16 classic or ootp 16 dark.

Name:  2015-03-27_10-44-14.png
Views: 452
Size:  45.8 KB

Last edited by chucksabr; 03-27-2015 at 10:46 AM.
chucksabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:45 AM   #42
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
Just out of curiosity, I tried to download the files as well, and I'm getting the same thing as Chuck. I don't get the proper files in the skin folders.

Which is weird, because I've most certainly done exactly this in the past with no issues.
Two things to check. See screen prints below:
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:45 AM   #43
Imperialism32
Major Leagues

A step-by-step process written for this would be great.
Imperialism32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:49 AM   #44
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialism32 View Post
A step-by-step process written for this would be great.
Here's what I put in the readme file when I submitted my icons as a mod.

This is just a small mod I made to update the look of some of the award icons in the game. I

basically just recolored the Cy Young and Platinum Stick awards to make them pop a bit more, and

replaced the rather boring MVP with just a recolored version of the ROY award. I also have added a

custom award icon which I use for my Golden Spikes (base stealing award.)

To start using these or make your own

1) Download your skin of choice from Add-Ons Central and install.
2) The icons will be in your OOTP16 directory under /data/skins/ootp 16 (or classic, or

dark)/images
3) You can just drop these files in and replace the existing ones but I recommend renaming them to

save them in case you want them later.
4) Delete the skin.bin file in the skinofchoice folder (not images)
5) Start OOTP16, or restart it if it was already running.

To make your own, make sure you keep the images existing naming convention and make sure you save

your files with the .PNG extension. I found the Color Changer tool at the online graphics site

lunapic.com very easy to use to change the color of the icons.

Enjoy!

Peregrine

Last edited by Peregrine; 03-27-2015 at 10:50 AM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:49 AM   #45
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Here is something interesting: I had moved oldskin.bin out of ootp 16 to the skins root folder to allow the game to rebuild skin.bin under ootp 16, and not only is there absolutely no skin.bin in the ootp 16 folder, but when I go to change the current skin, I get this:

Name:  2015-03-27_10-47-31.png
Views: 603
Size:  123.3 KB

I'm sure it's because I moved it to the root folder, but there's your proof I did what I said I did, anyway.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:52 AM   #46
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
I had issues installing the skin files and what I discovered the issue was was the Windows UAC, I didn't have permissions to write the files. I manually extracted the skin files and it asked me to give permission to write them and I said 'yes' and it worked (wondering if I ran OOTP with admin would this have worked?).

I renamed the skin.bin and when I started OOTP16 it didn't recreate it. I then ran OOTP16 as admin and it did recreate it.

So thinking I have to turn off UAC (I've done that in previous versions of windows because it was a PIA) and/or run OOTP16 as Admin.
Running OOTP16 as Admin seems to correct the issue. I downloaded and tried to install the 'classic' skins files without running OOTP16 as Admin and the files did not appear though I got the message that they installed successfully. Restarted OOTP16 with Admin and tried to re-install the Classic skin files it it worked properly.

It is a UAC issue as best I can see.

Last edited by byzeil; 03-27-2015 at 10:54 AM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:52 AM   #47
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksabr View Post
Here is something interesting: I had moved oldskin.bin out of ootp 16 to the skins root folder to allow the game to rebuild skin.bin under ootp 16, and not only is there absolutely no skin.bin in the ootp 16 folder, but when I go to change the current skin, I get this:

Attachment 391106

I'm sure it's because I moved it to the root folder, but there's your proof I did what I said I did, anyway.
Ah! Now you are on to something! The game may be sensing that and stopping right there. Get rid of that old skin.bin file and see what happens.

- Bru

Old 03-27-2015, 10:54 AM   #48
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Two things to check. See screen prints below:
Right back at ya.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 03-27-2015, 10:58 AM   #49
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ah! Now you are on to something! The game may be sensing that and stopping right there. Get rid of that old skin.bin file and see what happens.
I hear a drumroll on this . . . the suspense is killing me.

- Bru

Old 03-27-2015, 10:58 AM   #50
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nothing doing. Same same.

Please remember, this is the same behavior as when I kept oldskin.bin in the folder for the game to build around. I just moved it out of there to show you I still get the original skin without ANY skin.bin folder in it.

So, the game is pointing to something, somewhere, that is hidden to me, and to all of us, and still pulling in the original skin without the appearance of any skin.bin even existing.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:00 AM   #51
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Please remember, this is the same behavior as when I kept oldskin.bin in the folder for the game to build around. I just moved it out of there to show you I still get the original skin without ANY skin.bin folder in it.

So, the game is pointing to something, somewhere, that is hidden to me, and to all of us, and still pulling in the original skin without the appearance of any skin.bin even existing.
Chuck, you are on Windows correct? Try running OOTP16 as Administrator then try to install the skin files.

Last edited by byzeil; 03-27-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:00 AM   #52
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Wow, Chuck, I don't know what else to say except maybe save your league and do a complete uninstall/reinstall of the game. Wipe everything out and start with a whole new game installation.

- Bru

Old 03-27-2015, 11:08 AM   #53
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Running OOTP16 as Admin seems to correct the issue. I downloaded and tried to install the 'classic' skins files without running OOTP16 as Admin and the files did not appear though I got the message that they installed successfully. Restarted OOTP16 with Admin and tried to re-install the Classic skin files it it worked properly.

It is a UAC issue as best I can see.
I renamed the skin.bin file in the Classic Skins foler.

Started OOTP16 (not as admin) and tried to load the Classic skin and it went on loading for in excess of a minute before completing and the skin.bin was not recreated.

Startered OOTP16 as Administrator and it recreated the skin.bin fairly quickly without an issue.

It is a UAC issue and running OOTP16 with Admin should make it work though you shouldn't have to run OOTP16 as admin.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:10 AM   #54
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

Good catch on that issue byzeil - I always run OOTP as admin so no issues but could be what is causing Chuck (and others) issues.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:12 AM   #55
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Good catch on that issue byzeil - I always run OOTP as admin so no issues but could be what is causing Chuck (and others) issues.
Thanks. We'll know if it fixes Chuck's issue if he tries it, I think it will.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:13 AM   #56
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wow, Chuck, I don't know what else to say except maybe save your league and do a complete uninstall/reinstall of the game. Wipe everything out and start with a whole new game installation.
before you do a full re-install try running OOTP as Admin (if you haven't already done so).
Old 03-27-2015, 11:16 AM   #57
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Maybe take a look at Byzeil's suggestion a few posts back about Windows UAC and admin mode?
This is the problem. I need to provide admin permission to move a file to any of the skins folders, but extracting the files from the .tar folder does not ask for admin permission first; it simply returns an error. Running OOTP in Admin mode should fix the issue. Or if you're an Admin, you can simply manually extract the .tar to, say, your desktop, and then copy the files into the skins folder.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:24 AM   #58
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chuck, you are on Windows correct? Try running OOTP16 as Administrator then try to install the skin files.
Now there's the ticket!

When I run the game as Administrator, the game opens under another skin, and when I try to change the skin to ootp 16, the game barfs because there is no skin under ootp 16. But when I re-open the game as normal, it opens under that other skin, and when I change to ootp 16 skin, it changes to it just fine.

So, I reopened the game as Administrator, it opened in another skin, I re-installed the files, and everything installed fine.

I shut down the game, reopened as normal, changed the skin to ootp 16, and it changed it as before, BUT: it did not create a new skin.bin. See attached screenshot

Then, I shut down the game, reopened once more as Administrator, changed the skin to ootp 16, and now there is a rebuilt skin.bin file. Plus, it took a lot longer to open up the game this time than it did before, apparently because it was rebuilding the new ootp 16 skin bin file. And yes, it is now there.

The solution is clear: make myself the damn Administrator already.

Thanks to everyone for their patience!
Attached Images
Old 03-27-2015, 11:27 AM   #59
chucksabr
Hall Of Famer

Whoa, wait a minute: I am already Administrator, according to this!

Name:  2015-03-27_11-25-28.png
Views: 457
Size:  71.0 KB

Wha ... ? Are there different levels of Administrator? or do i have to move UAC to never? Because why would i let any program in the entire world change my computer without my permission or even knowledge?
Old 03-27-2015, 11:29 AM   #60
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

I usually turn UAC off entirely as nearly my first action with any new computer.

Glad you're working now though Chuck.