Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 17 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 07-20-2016, 10:16 PM   #1
capon3
Bat Boy

Post Quick Starting and Online Leagues

Hello everyone, I was wondering if there is a way to prevent Quick Starts when running an online league?

We are still using 16, and we just had a problem with 1 GM who was Quick Starting years ahead to see what players became good etc. We caught on by the trades he would make. For example he kept trading for random, what looked liked AAAA players, who later turned into All-Stars or MVPs. This happened enough times that we realized he must've been QS. We still didn't have 100% proof tho, until he posted his save games to help someone and we saw all these QS's he had.

Is it possible in settings or an add-on to prevent anyone in online leagues from Quick starting?
capon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 12:57 AM   #2
kq76
Global Moderator

Someone may be simming ahead to try to see things, but I don't believe for a second that you can tell which AAAA players are going to eventually become superstars. I could be wrong, but try copying a league a few times, sim each one the same amount of time and see if you find the same development. I seriously doubt you will. If we did, there'd be no point in people playing replay leagues because the same things would happen every time.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 01:01 AM   #3
capon3
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
Someone may be simming ahead to try to see things, but I don't believe for a second that you can tell which AAAA players are going to eventually become superstars. I could be wrong, but try copying a league a few times, sim each one the same amount of time and see if you find the same development. I seriously doubt you will. If we did, there'd be no point in people playing replay leagues because the same things would happen every time.

No i agree, but when you QS in an online league you can see the editor page and true ratings. So the cheaters will use this to there advantage. For example this person made a trade for a player that didn't dev yet. And no scout was high on, within a few seasons he was an mvp catcher. He did this 4 more times at which point we caught on.
capon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:07 AM   #4
USF
All Star Starter

Its an issue with ONLINE leagues.
My only recommendation before joining a league is to check out the history of the commish (age, experience, how long has the league been running, turnover why?) etc. Just as much as the commish should be asking the owner who joins a few questions - you should also ask the commish for some information.
Many guys are so quick to join a league just because the "words" sound so good but, try to focus on the activity and action of the league instead of those words. After all its your valuable time you are investing in the league and why would you want to waste it?
In terms of what can be done to prevent this in an online league - right now nothing really but, it is something we are going to talk about with the game developers in our BETA test online league.
Happy League hunting!

Jason
USF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 08:49 PM   #5
kq76
Global Moderator

Sorry, I spoke too early. I didn't fully grasp the significance of the quickstarting. I'm not sure that was even an online league feature when I used to participate in them. It does indeed seem to be a loophole that we have to push the developers to close by some form or another.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:54 PM   #6
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

The issue has been reported and the developers said it will be fixed in the next patch though no estimate was given as to when the patch will be available.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote