Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 22 > OOTP 22- New to the Game?

OOTP 22- New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 07-26-2021, 11:52 PM   #1
HackDiesel
Bat Boy

Force HS players to "attend" college a few years??

Hi all, first timer here, always pondered giving OOTP a shot and finally pulled the trigger this year, having lots of fun with historical sims but finding my true passion in creating a fictional league from scratch.

I currently have a dozen major teams, another dozen feeder college teams, and a few dozen high school feeder teams. One question I do have that I can't seem to solve... is there any way to "force" high school players to do a few years of college ball before being draft eligible? I initially assumed that's what the minimum/maximum draft and eligibility ages were for but no matter what come draft time there's still HS players in the pool. My goal was to have a solid 5-6 years of combined HS+college stats to review for all eligible players come draft time.

My totally uneducated guess is it's because no matter what, creating the full college/HS feeder system from the League Actions dropdown menu means that result is inevitable? Do I have to do a roundabout pseudo-feeder system, aka create college and HS leagues on their own as a separate league, rather than using the "League Actions --> Add feeder league" method?

For those who have found a way to make this work, any tips would be appreciated. In the end I'm willing to say heck with it and ditch the HS league, but it wouldn't be the same... Thanks much!

Last edited by HackDiesel; 07-26-2021 at 11:57 PM.
HackDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote