Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 22 > OOTP 22- New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 22- New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 07-20-2021, 08:52 PM   #1
4roberto
Bat Boy

using random players and random rookies

This question is for those who have experience using the "Use random players from all eras" and "Use random rookies from all eras" features. My question is, if you use those two features, is it possible that the game will create the same player twice, using a different base year. For example, is it possible that you might get Ted Williams from 1949, then a few seasons later, when creating random rookies, the game will create Ted Williams from 1946? Put another way, is there any way to make sure the game does use the same player twice when using random players and random rookies?

I hope my question make sense. Thank you!
4roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 06:22 AM   #2
Reed
All Star Starter

I think the only way this happens if you play enough years to run out of random players and then they might start recycling (and maybe fictional players start entering).
Reed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 11:00 AM   #3
warneke
Minors (Single A)

I have this setup now and I'm in season 60 and have never seen the same player entering the draft pool more than once. I assume this is because all players have a unique player ID in the game.

The only "exception" (so far) is if I've deleted a player from any given draft pool, I think I've seen a deleted player show up in a later draft pool.

I wonder what will happen if and when I play enough seasons to literally run out of real mlb players. But usually I get tired of a league and start over with new settings before then.

Last edited by warneke; 10-08-2021 at 11:02 AM.
warneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 11:19 AM   #4
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Players do not recycle. When you run out of existing players, the game starts generating fictional ones.
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 11:43 AM   #5
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

A ways back I created a random debut league and just for fun I quicked simmed the league 150+ years. League eventually started adding fictional players.

I found out something while doing this that I never knew the game would do. I use reserve rosters more oten than not when I play random debut. So, as the league plays out, quite a few guys get drafted and never ever make it into a big league game. Since there are no minors, they accumulate zero stat history whatsoever. Well, as my fast sim started accumulating years I started noticing quite a few players in the draft that had a college listed from which they were drafted from. So you would look at say round 5 of the draft and there would be say 5 guys with a college listed. After some investigation, I figured out that these were players OOTP was recycling and reintroducing to the game. Since they had zero stats and zero history the game reuses them. Guessing, if I had minor leagues enabled, this recycling wouldn't happen, because all players would accumulate stats.

So, if you start a random debut and see that Ty Cobb or Babe Ruth come in at the ripe age of 40, you can just delete them and since they accumulated no stats, they will show up later at their MLB debut age.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 03:22 PM   #6
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Did not know that, DW. Thanks!
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote