Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 22 > OOTP 22- New to the Game?

OOTP 22- New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 11-17-2021, 02:24 PM   #1
blois
Bat Boy

Beginner - Data

I am very new to this game and just trying to understand very basic things and I've done little reading so far. Please excuse any silly questions.

Is it possible to see statistics (e.g., batting stats) for all players in MLB for previous years. For example is it possible for me to see batting averages for all MLB players for 2018?

Also, what data is used in the simulations for a MLB 2021 season - does the AI use data from 2020 or does it use data from previous years as well?
blois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 03:13 PM   #2
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blois View Post
I am very new to this game and just trying to understand very basic things and I've done little reading so far. Please excuse any silly questions.

Is it possible to see statistics (e.g., batting stats) for all players in MLB for previous years. For example is it possible for me to see batting averages for all MLB players for 2018?
Not exactly sure what you are asking. But if you are in, say, 2020 in your OOTP sim and want to see batting stats from 2018, here's what you can do:

1) From your MLB dropdown menu near the top center of your screen, select League History > History Index.
2) Scroll down (if needed) to find the year 2018 (where it will show the AL & NL champions, and each league's batting avg and ERA).
3) Click on either AL or NL for 2018
4) Scroll down past the standings, team stats, and awards list, and you'll then see the leader boards (top five) for batting and pitching stats.
5) If you want to see stats for all players, scroll back up and just above League Standings click on Batting Register. This will give you all of the basic stats for all players in the league (AL or NL) that you chose in step 3 above.
6) Click on any header to sort. For example, click on the HR header to list players in order of number of HR's.

NOTE: If you started your sim with, say, the 2000 season and you imported complete history when you created your game, then for seasons prior to your 2000 sim-start season you can follow the above steps and you will see real stats instead of sim stats.

If this does not answer your first question, please reply with more info
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 03:57 PM   #3
blois
Bat Boy

Thank you; this was very helpful; appreciate it!

Regarding my question on simulations - I should have done some reading and poking around first. My experience with the game so far has been just simulating the 2021 season and I thought that the game must use some data from previous years to generate those 2021 results.

Thanks again for answering the first question.
blois is offline   Reply With Quote