Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 01-28-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
restlessknights
Minors (Double A)

124 team schedule request

124 teams. 162 games(or close to that) 2 sub-leagues, 6 divisions per league, 12,12,10,12,10,12 teams; 10,12,8,8,10,8 teams. If possible 2 home/away series against each team within the same division, interleague play & All-Star game(neither are high priority), homestands & roadtrips no longer than 12 games. I know this is a lot to ask for.

Last edited by restlessknights; 01-28-2009 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Incorrect number of teams
restlessknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
restlessknights
Minors (Double A)

That thread should have said "124 team schedule request"
Old 01-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Yes, this is a big one. For some reason the letters "N", "C", "A", and "A" come to mind.

The biggest difficulty is with the different number of teams in the divisions and even subleagues. Twelve divisions of 10 teams for example would be big but I do not believe would have been too difficult.

To try to make in manageable it will probably require all 3-game series. That adds 9 days off to the schedule and the overall length.

By "2 home/away" series per interdivision opponent I assume you mean 2 series home and 2 series away for 12 total games. That will be the starting point. That adds up to 132 divisions games in a 12-team division, 108 in a 10-team division, and 84 in an 8-team division.

Hopefully the remaining games can fall out reasonably into interdivision and interleague games spread about the other divisions. But some sort of variable adding and subtracting from the division games still may be required.
gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:59 PM   #4
restlessknights
Minors (Double A)

You nailed it! I am a big fan of college baseball. If it makes it any easier, such as it is, one home/away interdivision series would be alright for me. Actually, if every team within a division plays one series against the other teams in the division either home or away I would be happy.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:48 AM   #5
gmo
Hall Of Famer

I am not forgetting this, but it is a slow process. Sounds like from the above you would be okay with much less divisional play and more interdivision and interleague. I was actually wondering if going the other way and going very heavily divisional (~80% for everyone, like I planned above for the 12-team divisions). But maybe a set percentage but lower would work too.

Basically whatever I think may work I am trying for, so I am hoping you are flexible.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:04 AM   #6
restlessknights
Minors (Double A)

I am very flexible. If it is any easier, I have no problem making it two sub-leagues of 64 teams with 8 divisions of 8 teams each. With this setup I would prefer 6 home and 6 road games against division opponents and 12 home series and 12 road series of three games each against any 24 other teams. That would be 84 division games and 72 non-division games. I can also live without inter-league play.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:55 PM   #7
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by restlessknights View Post
I am very flexible. If it is any easier, I have no problem making it two sub-leagues of 64 teams with 8 divisions of 8 teams each. With this setup I would prefer 6 home and 6 road games against division opponents and 12 home series and 12 road series of three games each against any 24 other teams. That would be 84 division games and 72 non-division games. I can also live without inter-league play.
Be sure of what you are saying here. It would mean going from something for which I do not know when or even if I could finish a schedule to something that though big should be reasonably simple. I am ready to jump all over that if you are really willing to go with the 2/8/8 configuration. I have thought about an NCAA league but not been able to settle on a configuration (for myself I am leaning toward 2/10/6 at this point). So I want to make sure you are really fine with changing the league structure like that.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:25 PM   #8
restlessknights
Minors (Double A)

Absolutely. I have no second thoughts about going 2/8/8. I had been considering that for some time anyway. And I sure don't mind making it simpler to create a schedule. One last request. I would prefer the last month of the schedule to be inter-division.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:44 PM   #9
gmo
Hall Of Famer

#
# 128 team schedule, 156 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 2 subleagues, each with 8 divisions, each with 8 teams
#
#
# 12 games against 7 other teams in division (6H/6A)
# 3 games against 22 other teams in subleague (0H or 3H/0A or 3A)
# 3 games against 2 teams in other subleague (0H or 3H/0A or 3A)
#
#
# Teams play 3 teams from each other division in same subleague
# except 4 teams in one division
#
# Interleague games are set up so that each division collectively
# plays 1 home series and 1 away series against each interleague division
#
# Season is all 3-game series
# Thus all teams have one offday each week, either Monday or Thursday
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 15 games
#
# All game times set at 7:05pm
#
# Season begins first Friday on or after April 1st
# Season thus ends beginning of October
#
# All-Star Game set for first Tuesday on or after July 12th
#
Attached Files
File Type: zip ILY_BGN_G156_288u_C_a1_gmo.zip (37.2 KB, 117 views)
Old 02-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #10
restlessknights
Minors (Double A)

This is great gmo! I really appreciate your time and efforts. The "g" in your username must stand for both genius and generous.