Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-01-2019, 01:45 PM   #1
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Please help a total newb...I'm TERRIBLE

Probably the worst ever...

Absolutely no idea how to get better. My team sucks so they never win so I can't get more points so I can't get new packs so I can't get new players.

The game starts one off in a crap situation. I can't buy anything and I can't earn points so I can't get better so I have no reason to play PT or try to get better because it seems, at least on the surface, that it's not possible to get better.

How the hell do you get points to buy packs? I've sold every extra player I can to amass as much PP as possible to buy a pack, and I've barely made 500 PP, not even enough for a pack...
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:52 PM   #2
atabakin
All Star Reserve

When you're starting out, use your PP to buy good silver players in the auction house rather than buying packs. Packs are too much of a lottery ticket with limited points to work with.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:57 PM   #3
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

never buy packs over individual cards. packs are terrible value in basically every collectible game that has packs

starting out is really easy. you can upgrade pretty much every position with a silver player who costs <200 points on auction and your team will be much better than the typical bronze league opponent who probably hasnt logged on in several weeks. I won close to 100 games my first season and racked up a lot of points needed to start getting better gold players. its only my third season and without buying any points I have several diamond players.

Last edited by dkgo; 03-01-2019 at 01:59 PM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 02:06 PM   #4
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

But how do I GET those 200PP to buy a silver player? Every time I log on my PP hasn't changed. I figured if I just did nothing for a while eventually some player would have gotten some entry level achievement that earned at least 25 PP or something...I can't even sell my good cards on the AH...they never sell.

I'm so lost. I have no PP because I tried spending the 500 that I had, but my team's winning % is .221 so I will never get PP because they suck at everything?
Old 03-01-2019, 02:15 PM   #5
Stacopanks
Minors (Single A)

As the others have said, avoid packs. What you can do is make an all defensive type team. Can make one for fairly cheap and it will help you get some achievements. This is what I started with :

c - Jody David
1b - Belt
2b - Oquendo
3b - Seiztzer (Defense nothing special but cheap as hell and good)
ss - Belanger
lf- Willie Wilson
CF - Pillar
RF- Ichiro
Dh - Bill Terry

SP - Kyle Freeland, Dennis Martinez, Bob Objeda, Jim Abbott,
Bullpen - Greg Minton, Dan Quisenberry, Joe a berry, bob Stanley, Wayne Granger

Should give you a good starting base. From there can just upgrade positions as you get more points.
Stacopanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 02:15 PM   #6
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Every player gets 3000pp within the first few games... what did you do with that?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 02:27 PM   #7
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Bought packs, and obviously got nothing because my last win percentage I checked was .271.

I appreciate the player suggestions from everyone. Thank you.

However, I can't just pick and choose who is on my team without money to buy the players...

I have 34 PP right now last I checked
Old 03-01-2019, 02:30 PM   #8
zrog2000
All Star Starter

In bronze, you can upgrade different positions for even 50 PP per card or less. Don't buy any more packs until you're happy with your team.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 02:31 PM   #9
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Double A)

sometimes you go a day or two without getting any PP at all (I had this happen in beta - literally 0 PP for 2 days), especially early on if you team is not good.

Relax man, dont worry. The PP will start to come in. Each week is a new season, its possible to have a crappy season and then start over the next week and the PP starts pouring in.

Take some of the advice above and try to get good, cheap bronze and silver players.

You arent likely to have overnight success if its you are just getting started.
bobbycockstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 02:44 PM   #10
rar
Bat Boy

First Time player myself. As others have said- you need to buy cards- going with the packs is a huge risk. You may get lucky and get a gold or better but its like buying a lotto ticket. Others have suggestion get some good lower level players- they will build up quickly.
rar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:29 PM   #11
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

I certainly will take any advice given as that's why I'm posting in the first place. However, I don't know how I can use the advice when the most PP i have EVER seen at once is the 3000 "gift" or whatever. Since spending that on packs (unknowingly realizing I shot myself in the foot) the most I have ever had is I think 108. Not postive about that but it wasn't more than 150. And I haven't spent a single PP in weeks of sims. and I have 34 right now...
Old 03-01-2019, 03:48 PM   #12
chazzycat
All Star Starter

If you feel you made a mistake it would be too hard to recover from, there is also the option of starting a second team. All you need for that is another email address to register.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:11 PM   #13
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

What kind of timeframes are we talking about here?

I just checked my PT and I now have 200 PP. When I checked 10 days ago I had 34. People in here are saying a good player is like 200 PP. So I'm only going to be able to get a new player once every 2-weeks? That seems excessively long.

I'm not looking for instant gratification here. I understand it takes some time. But if it takes a year to have an average team I don't want to play and would rather give up now.

A realistic timeframe for me given my free time constraints, I would at least like to have a .500 team in the next few weeks. I mean come on, I'm in the lowest league possible against guys who don't even check their teams. How long can than take assuming I'm terrible and probably have a worse team than 90% of those people who aren't even trying?
Old 03-01-2019, 04:13 PM   #14
mwadsit
Minors (Rookie Ball)

You can get a free pack from simulating season in challenge mode every 72 hours, so that's a way to help with incremental upgrades (at least) as well. Worth searching the forums for a thread explaining the fastest way - but I've found it easiest to use the 1927 NY Yankees
mwadsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:35 PM   #15
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
I just checked my PT and I now have 200 PP. When I checked 10 days ago I had 34.
Are you saying you earned 166 PPs in 10 "real" days or 10 "game" days?

If the 2nd is true, that will net you about 3000 PPs in a real week (one season) which is (yes) bad. If the 1st is true, your suggesting your team went more than a season and gained under 200 points? I'm not sure that is even possible.

If either of these scenarios is true, I'd re-register with a new email address and try and avoid the mistakes you made the first time.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:41 PM   #16
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
I mean come on, I'm in the lowest league possible against guys who don't even check their teams. How long can than take assuming I'm terrible and probably have a worse team than 90% of those people who aren't even trying?
How do you know they don't check their teams and aren't trying?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:45 PM   #17
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

To be fair I do not know for a fact that they aren't trying. I have spent a better part of five hours searching this board for tips and tricks for PT and almost everything I see people post about bronze level is that a LOT of teams are deserted. In other words since you can't cancel a team if you stop playing like I am considering, then your team just stays in bronze league being left unmanaged. Hence, the chance of playing against MANY teams that havent been checked in months is a high probability.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:47 PM   #18
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

f

Last edited by Findest2001; 03-01-2019 at 04:48 PM. Reason: couldnt find the quote icon
Old 03-01-2019, 04:48 PM   #19
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
Are you saying you earned 166 PPs in 10 "real" days or 10 "game" days?

If the 2nd is true, that will net you about 3000 PPs in a real week (one season) which is (yes) bad. If the 1st is true, your suggesting your team went more than a season and gained under 200 points? I'm not sure that is even possible.

If either of these scenarios is true, I'd re-register with a new email address and try and avoid the mistakes you made the first time.

2 Real life weeks. I didn't even know there was a difference...

And HOLY CRAP 3000 PP in a week is BAD? I was thinking I'd be ridiculously lucky if I got 3000 this MONTH

Last edited by Findest2001; 03-01-2019 at 04:50 PM. Reason: missed something
Old 03-01-2019, 04:55 PM   #20
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Each day in-game is only 30 minutes in real life, so yeah there's a huge difference.

If your team is playing at a .200 level that is really horrible. Achievements come from your team doing good things. So if they are sucking that bad, no wonder you're not getting many PP.

Honestly it sounds like the mistake of buying packs with your starting PP has set you back too far. I'd start a second team instead.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote