Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 07-23-2016, 12:42 PM   #1
Fletz
Minors (Double A)

Schedule challenge ... 2 Subleagues, different sizes, different number of games

Ok, this could be a tough one.

I would like to have a schedule for a 2 subleague set up.

League A - 1 Division, 6 Teams
League B - 3 Divisions, 4 team each (12 teams)

League A will play each team in it's own league 18x (9h, 9a - 90 games) and each team in League B 4x (2h, 2a - 48 games) - TOTAL 138 games

League B will play each team in it's own division 12x (6h, 6a - 36 games), each team in the other divisions in it's league 10x (5h, 5a - 80 games) and, as above, each team in League A 4x (2h, 2a - 24 games) - TOTAL 140 games.

Is this possible? Thanks!
Fletz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 07:10 PM   #2
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

This schedule is possible. It would take a little work but can be done. I am currently working on a few but depending on how quickly you want it I can put it on my schedule. I am just completing two that I started yesterday and just need to test these in game. I am working on one now that is a little difficult (odd number of teams in a division) but should be done shortly. Just give me an idea on when you would want this done. Otherwise, there are a lot of members on this board that are very good and quick that may be able to help you.

I enjoy doing these and have time now that I am home all-day every day. Keeps my mind active.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 08:25 PM   #3
Fletz
Minors (Double A)

I'm looking for it for next season so you have six weeks or so. Is that enough time?
Old 07-23-2016, 11:26 PM   #4
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletz View Post
I'm looking for it for next season so you have six weeks or so. Is that enough time?
Great.. you will get it way before then. I was just hoping it was not one of those schedules that you wanted yesterday. I look forward to doing this one....
Old 08-01-2016, 11:06 AM   #5
Fletz
Minors (Double A)

If you didn't start it yet @sandman, I'd like to see if the 6 team league can be split into two divisions.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:14 AM   #6
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you didn't start it yet @sandman, I'd like to see if the 6 team league can be split into two divisions.
With a three team division you will have a team playing outside the division each series. It will be a challenge. I think if you went with the 2 divisions with 3 teams you probably could go 24 games in division against each team (48 games) and then 15 games outside of the division for (44 games) 92 to give you 140 which will match your other league in games played. (each team will also have an opp where they only play 14 games instead of 15) looking at 6/9 9/6 7/7 format( 6 and 9 playing 3 game series and to keep it series even the 7 team would play 2 2-game series and 1- 3 game series. This gives each team 3 series.. The only problem the number of series won't matchup perfectly and you may have one league starting earlier than the other in order to end the season at the same time. I won't know until I put it into the spreadsheet. Let me know what format you will want for the 6 team league.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:40 AM   #7
Fletz
Minors (Double A)

Meh. Let's just keep the original request. Thanks!!!
Old 08-02-2016, 11:24 AM   #8
Fletz
Minors (Double A)

Also ... Can we add an all star game?
Old 08-04-2016, 04:49 AM   #9
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also ... Can we add an all star game?
Yes
Old 08-13-2016, 12:02 PM   #10
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Ran into an issue with matchups, but figured it out, will finish soon - today or tomorrow depending on how it goes. Let's make it probably tomorrow.....
Old 08-17-2016, 06:27 PM   #11
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok, this could be a tough one.
Wow - This was a lot tougher than I thought it would be.... I changed the design of this about 10 times....

It is looking good and test in OOTP. I ran 4 seasons and I did find one problem. If you don't load the schedule each season you will get some wonky matchups by the 3rd season. I don't know why. I tested it loading the schedule each season and it worked great.

Now on to the other request!!

I also uploaded the schedule file used to create the schedule. If you have excel you will see how this was created. It took awhile because I wasn't getting the matchups at first, then I had an issue matching the number of days needed for each league setup. (had to go to a 4-3-2 game series setup for the first league). Got everything figured out with trial and error.

Well here are the files. Oh, one thing. To use the schedule, if you don't have a league already setup, you should just create a league with 2 subleagues, one with 6 teams and one with four. Then go into edit league structure and add 2 move divisions of 4 teams in the second league. Go to Edit league schedule and clear current schedule, then import from file. If you have any issues just let me know.

BTW, really enjoyed doing this....

Schedule Notes

# 18 team schedule, 140 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 2 leagues, first league, one division, 6 teams
# Second league, three divisions, 4 teams each division
#
# First League
#
# 18 games each league opponent (9H/9A)
# 4 games each against other league opponent (2H/2A)
#
# 90 games against league opponents (45H/45A)
# 48 interleague games (24H/24A)
# Total 138 games (added one home game to each team to have league play 140 games)
#
# Second League
#
# 12 games each division opponent (6H/6A)
# 10 games each non-divison opponent (5h/5A)
# 4 games each against other league opponent (2H/2A)
#
# 36 games against league opponents (18H/18A)
# 80 games against non-division opponents (40H/40A)
# 24 interleague games (12H/12A)
# Total 140 games
#
#
# All game times set at 7:05pm
#
# All Star Game set on or around 6/18
#
# Season begins first Wednesday on or after April 1st
# Season start month and day can be changed to allow for later start
# Season thus ends early-mid September
#
# Posted 2016/08/17
#

Last edited by SandMan; 08-17-2016 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:35 PM   #12
Fletz
Minors (Double A)

Wow wow wow!!!!! Thank you so much!!! I'll let you know if I have any questions or issues. You rock!!!