Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:51 PM   #1
TFLlama
Bat Boy

Got my first real dilemma of the year

Just pulled a 98 peak Matt Kilroy on my pack only team. Thoughts on keeping him vs selling? I could sell him for over 100 more packs to rip, but man he looks like an ace that could get me way more points in the long term.

TFLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:59 PM   #2
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFLlama View Post
Just pulled a 98 peak Matt Kilroy on my pack only team. Thoughts on keeping him vs selling? I could sell him for over 100 more packs to rip, but man he looks like an ace that could get me way more points in the long term.

Well, he seems like your ace to me. Otherwise, I'd sell him and instead of ripping a bunch of packs load up all over with the points you get via the AH.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:08 PM   #3
ScudDawg
Minors (Single A)

Keep that beast, top end pitchers are the best!
Old 03-31-2020, 10:13 PM   #4
bwiese3908
Minors (Double A)

Although he looks a bit like Slenderman, i would keep that man as my ace all day everyday! Until i get something better of course
bwiese3908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:16 PM   #5
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
I missed that it was a packs only team. Well, that is an interesting decision. I think I'd keep him.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:57 AM   #6
lightningbolts35
Minors (Single A)

I would definitely keep him. I have him in my starting rotation and he is quite a fine and consistent starter. Definitely can be an ace.

lightningbolts35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:10 AM   #7
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFLlama View Post

Packs only I would keep him. That’s the kind of pull you shoot for. Pack only team struggle to find good pitchers. You got one,

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:02 AM   #8
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Packs only I would keep him. That’s the kind of pull you shoot for. Pack only team struggle to find good pitchers. You got one,
Agree. What's the point of packs only? To rip packs endlessly?
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:52 AM   #9
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

I also agree completely with all the reasoning in favor of keeping him.

That being said, let me play devil's advocate. If there ever was a time to sell a beastly pull like this, it would be now when the game is still very young. 100 more packs could provide greater depth to your team overall, allowing it to be more successful, both competitively and financially. One player can only earn so many achievements by themselves. Many good players right now may ultimately yield far more packs for you than one great player.

Seriously though, you should keep him

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:41 AM   #10
eldur00
All Star Reserve

I play packs only as well, and I'd probably sell him IF (and I do say IF) your intent is really to generate points.

SP play only every 5th game (most of the time). And even then, you won't be generating points every single start. Furthermore, we are at this point in the year where no matter what you do, whales will be in your league, meaning that trying to bang on pitcher of the year awards and such is far far far far far from a given.

If you do sell him and get a bunch of packs, you should be able to upgrade your team (keep in mind I have no clue what your team looks like right now) in a way that as a whole, should generate more points per season than this card alone.

That's my view on it, and it is only looking at a point generation perspective. If you're looking to build a contender slowly, then I would keep him.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:14 AM   #11
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

It's a long season that just started. You could at least make your final decision after a couple weeks*seasons* to see how great he is, especially as you move up levels. Unless the rest of your team is all bronze cards, it would really suck to sell and rip 100 packs and only get like 2 live diamonds and a few more Gold cards.

Risk to reward not there to sell imo
Old 04-01-2020, 04:56 PM   #12
TFLlama
Bat Boy

so uh, I threw him in my rotation before bed, checked and he's already made me 6.5k points in like 15 hours. I think I'm gonna keep him lol
TFLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:05 PM   #13
HemBear
Minors (Double A)

Pack only keep him. Why turn him in for a chance to get another player like him? You already won that part. Plus he will generate lots of points for you to get more packs. He is a pack generating player.

HemBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:56 PM   #14
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

In OOTP20, I have 99 John Clarkson, whom I drew early on. He has earned 42k plus points in his 20 seasons, including two 4k awards for the pitching triple crown. Now that this team is up to Diamond, he earns less, but at low levels he was a tremendous earner.