Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-23-2020, 12:15 PM   #1
lukestephens2293
Minors (Triple A)

Bizarre Game

very strange game lol
Attached Images
Old 03-23-2020, 12:55 PM   #2
Fredrocker
Major Leagues

Was the wind blowing out at Rockieville ... lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Fredrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 02:43 PM   #3
ALB123
All Star Reserve

Awww...You didn't include the box score.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:05 PM   #4
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

You call that weird? In the Greenland Winter Ice Baseball League that would be a boring pitcher's duel. You know it's a good game when you put up a 15-spot in the top of the 9th and lose by 40.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-23-2020, 04:49 PM   #5
ALB123
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBL-Commish View Post
You call that weird? In the Greenland Winter Ice Baseball League that would be a boring pitcher's duel. You know it's a good game when you put up a 15-spot in the top of the 9th and lose by 40.
Just your typical 7h 57m game. LOL The pitcher ERAs cracked me up. It's weird. I don't know why, but I was expecting to see 20+ at-bats from individual players. The winning team had four players who had more than 10 hits in that game. That's awesome.

Serious question... How does something like this happen in OOTP? I will be so ticked off if my games turn into something like that.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:00 PM   #6
noragar
Minors (Single A)

[QUOTE=ALB123;4606804
Serious question... How does something like this happen in OOTP?:[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling it wasn't done in Challenge Mode.
noragar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:12 PM   #7
lukestephens2293
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noragar View Post
that and hes also playing in a very low rep league
Old 03-23-2020, 08:35 PM   #8
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

Quote:
I don't even really know what Challenge Mode is.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:21 AM   #9
ALB123
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I don't even really know what Challenge Mode is.
Hahaha!! I didn't know either... Whoops. This is copied from the Online Manual:

Challenge Mode differs from the classic OOTP experience in the following ways:
  • Commissioner mode and the player editor are disabled
  • League rules and setting adjustments are also disabled
  • Certain AI team control settings are disabled
  • Long-term simulation ("Auto-play until...") is only available during the offseason
  • New in-game achievements can be unlocked while playing games out
  • Your achievements and season scores will be tracked in your personal OOTP online profile (as long as you're logged in), which will allow you to compare your career and accolades with those of other OOTP players all over the world

That sounds pretty cool. I didn't know that we could create online profiles. I wonder if it would keep track of your achievements & seasonal score (whatever the heck the score means) outside of Challenge Mode, but not publish the scores. For instance, I just finished my 1984 Season an hour ago. Once again, I got my butt kicked in the ALCS. However, it gave me a score in the high 900s and I don't have a clue what the heck that means.

Oh, btw...I only learned about the capabilities of the Player Editor. Now I think I understand how some people create these monster fictional players. I could never do that - adjust an existing player's profile to make him better.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:34 AM   #10
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALB123 View Post
Hahaha!! I didn't know either... Whoops. This is copied from the Online Manual:

Challenge Mode differs from the classic OOTP experience in the following ways:
  • Commissioner mode and the player editor are disabled
  • League rules and setting adjustments are also disabled
  • Certain AI team control settings are disabled
  • Long-term simulation ("Auto-play until...") is only available during the offseason
  • New in-game achievements can be unlocked while playing games out
  • Your achievements and season scores will be tracked in your personal OOTP online profile (as long as you're logged in), which will allow you to compare your career and accolades with those of other OOTP players all over the world

That sounds pretty cool. I didn't know that we could create online profiles. I wonder if it would keep track of your achievements & seasonal score (whatever the heck the score means) outside of Challenge Mode, but not publish the scores. For instance, I just finished my 1984 Season an hour ago. Once again, I got my butt kicked in the ALCS. However, it gave me a score in the high 900s and I don't have a clue what the heck that means.

Oh, btw...I only learned about the capabilities of the Player Editor. Now I think I understand how some people create these monster fictional players. I could never do that - adjust an existing player's profile to make him better.
Ah, okay, it locks down the game so that you can't cheat by editing everything. Since I have a (mostly) fictional universe and I'm the only one playing I have little or no interest in that. I get it, that's just not my thing. I get more enjoyment out of playing in God mode and building an alternative universe than I would taking over a real team and trying to win.

I don't look at the online stuff, either. That's the joy of OOTP - entire genres of gameplay that I'm oblivious to because there's so much depth and immersiveness in other areas.

Last edited by CBL-Commish; 03-24-2020 at 07:36 AM.
CBL-Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:31 AM   #11
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:

Don't get me wrong. To each his own 0n game setting but a game like that rolling out for me would cause me to quit OOTP forever. I hope I never have a outcome like that...
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:35 AM   #12
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:

It don't happen in regular mode either if players are not editted...Playing in challenge mode don't make game better or anything. I just rather have the option of more control over my universe, but not messing with the rating & stuff.
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:42 AM   #13
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
Don't get me wrong. To each his own 0n game setting but a game like that rolling out for me would cause me to quit OOTP forever. I hope I never have a outcome like that...
I have a 50-league universe. All but a handful are generally in the same run context as existing real-life leagues. Some a little more run-friendly than others, but in real life the Pecos League scores 7.5 runs a game and the Puerto Rican Winter League scores 3.4.

But baseball in Greenland on a frozen lake with 40 mph winds and -10 temps can get a little wacky.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:28 PM   #14
noragar
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
It don't happen in regular mode either if players are not editted...Playing in challenge mode don't make game better or anything. I just rather have the option of more control over my universe, but not messing with the rating & stuff.
That's exactly what I was saying. The only way to get results like that is to use the editor to max out the hitters and probably zero out the pitchers as well.
noragar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:07 PM   #15
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

Quote:
That's exactly what I was saying. The only way to get results like that is to use the editor to max out the hitters and probably zero out the pitchers as well.
That's not true at all. That league has any number of unedited players formerly from affiliated minor league teams. Or even former MLBers.

It's the league settings that are different.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk