Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-07-2020, 08:13 AM   #1
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Packapalooza 2 - The Packening

I'll admit that I haven't been playing much PT20 since around the end of January. We went camping and I didn't really check in after that. Of course, all of my teams have built up generous point balances since then, so I've been spending them, finishing up some themes and missions and generally putting my affairs in order before PT21 drops and I put these teams on auto-pilot to focus on 21.

With that in mind, one of my teams has 101,814 points, and I have absolutely no interest in doing anything with it. So let's open some packs! 100 packs, to be precise! I'm sure my rotten pack luck will continue, since my original Packapalooza was such a dismal failure and the Historical Packapalooza was just as bad.

At this point, I should probably point out that my son bought just six packs today and pulled a 100 Arenado and a 99 Home Run Baker. That kid!

Anyway, I'll rip the packs and compile the (almost certainly) dismal results into a spreadsheet. If I don't post again, you'll know that I gave up a third of the way through and smashed my PC.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 08:44 AM   #2
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Nice... I did this with my v19 team. Logged in there to find 136K points piled up, so blew it all on standard packs.... among the expected number of golds and live diamonds, I did manage to pull three perfect cards (just wish these would show up earlier in my PT experience rather than the tail end of it ): 100 Roy Campanella; 100 Babe Ruth; 100 Shohei Ohtani (future legend card).
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 08:54 AM   #3
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Well, I'm 10 packs in. No Golds. No Perfects. What seems to be an inordinate number of Live cards. But I did get two Diamonds. Both Live, of course.

One of them was Brandon Woodruff. Naturally.

However, this did give me an idea for an all-Live team in PT21. Probably won't be the most competitive team, but it might be cheap. I mean, what's going to be the biggest outlay? Mike Trout? Even at 50K he's half of Willie Mays. And I bet I can get him for less than 50K.

Something for me to think about...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
Old 03-07-2020, 08:56 AM   #4
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Well, I'm 10 packs in. No Golds. No Perfects. What seems to be an inordinate number of Live cards. But I did get two Diamonds. Both Live, of course.

However, this did give me an idea for an all-Live team in PT21. Probably won't be the most competitive team, but it might be cheap. I mean, what's going to be the biggest outlay? Mike Trout? Even at 50K he's half of Willie Mays. And I bet I can get him for less than 50K.

speaking of.... bought 7 more packs with the 7K points on the v19 team... landed 100 Mike Trout.... c'mon PT, gimme this luck when it matters
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 09:03 AM   #5
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

BREAKING NEWS...BREAKING NEWS...BREAKING NEWS

Packapalooza 2 is much better than the original.

I have now pulled Diamonds in three straight packs. All Lives, of course, but still.

I haven't been on a streak like this since I opened three straight Diamond packs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
speaking of.... bought 7 more packs with the 7K points on the v19 team... landed 100 Mike Trout.... c'mon PT, gimme this luck when it matters
I pulled Trout in PT19, too. The only Perfect card I pulled in 19...

It could be worse - you could pull those 100s during the beta!

SPTT team

Old 03-07-2020, 09:25 AM   #6
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Twenty packs in...120 cards

I should have 2-3 Gold cards, I have...1

But, I should have one Diamond card, and I have...4

So I should be happy.

I seem to have more than my share of Bronze cards, and the Silvers seem on target. I also have an inordinate number of cards of players named Ryan.

I have two Cole Tuckers, though. Cole Tucker is my personal Connor Joe.

SPTT team

Last edited by BigRed75; 03-07-2020 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:34 AM   #7
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Pack 26

Plus side: I just posted about Bip Roberts in another thread, and I pulled Bip Roberts!

Minus side: Cole Tucker #3

SPTT team

Old 03-08-2020, 07:28 AM   #8
rburgh
All Star Reserve

I would just go to the AH and buy, say, a 70K guy and a 30K guy who helped my team. Much less aggravation.
rburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:42 AM   #9
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
With that in mind, one of my teams has 101,814 points, and I have absolutely no interest in doing anything with it. So let's open some packs!
Besides, it's fun!

SPTT team

Old 03-08-2020, 09:01 AM   #10
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Packapalooza 2.2 has been a lot less fun so far as normal service has resumed. Packs 51-60 yielded an 85 OVR Lance McCullers Jr. After that, the highlights were two silver Live cards - one a 71 OVR, the other a 70. That's it.

Seem to have more historical cards this time, but they're all bronze. Every. Single. One.

Looks like my crappy pack luck has returned. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

SPTT team

Old 03-08-2020, 09:55 AM   #11
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

I have a second team that is FTP and Live only. (This since morphed into variations of live players...POTM and TOTY because I had so many points to spend)
This became rewarding after tourneys started. I also had pulled a PEAK schilling when he was at his peak on AH. When all the live missions were completed and then the new live collections added I was able to get more of the live specials.
They are somewhat competitive now and in the right league could maybe even win a PL championship.

Overall it was fun way to run a team.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:57 AM   #12
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

The end is nigh! 20 packs to go.

In Packs 71-80, I got my first two Diamond cards of the second half, and my first Historical Diamond overall (92 OVR Cliff Lee)

I also got Cole Tucker #4

SPTT team

Old 03-08-2020, 10:20 AM   #13
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Pack 87!!!

Finally!!!

Connor Joe!

(What, did you think I pulled a Perfect? Heck no! I'm not YakAngler!)

SPTT team

Old 03-09-2020, 07:40 AM   #14
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Okay, here's the final blow-by-blow:

100 packs = 600 cards
  • 9 Diamond (One historical)
  • 10 Gold
  • 26 Silver
  • 184 Bronze
  • 371 Iron
  • 535 Live
  • 65 Historical
    • 29 All-Stars
    • 13 Unsung Heroes
    • 8 Hardware Heroes
    • 7 Rookie Sensations
    • 4 Record Breakers
    • 4 One Hit Wonders

Highest Rated Card: 97 OVR Matt Chapman Live
Lowest Rated Card: 40 OVR Phillips Valdez Live, Nico Hoerner Live x2, Luis Escobar Live x2

Cole Tuckers: 5
Connor Joes: 1
Ben Taylors: 0
(Y'all laughed at me, but I got five Cole Tuckers, easily the most of any one card. No other card showed up more than three times. My teams are a magnet for that stringy-haired doofus.

Best pack: Pack #72 (89 Willson Contreras and 92 Eugenio Suarez)
Even though the second half of the pull was a wasteland compared to the first 50 packs, Pack 72 did beat the odds with both a Gold and a Diamond.

Collection missions completed: 4
(Live Sinkers, Switch Hitters, The Tallest, Veterans)

And...that brings up an interesting point. Four more packs. Plus, factoring in the points I earned whilst the game was going on, and the points I got from quickselling all the Live duplicates (but not the points from selling the duplicate Justin Turner - lets round that up to an even 5K to spend to shore up either 2B or CF) - that gives me...just over 6K. So...ten more packs!

Looks like Packapalooza 2 isn't quite over, after all!!!

SPTT team

Old 03-09-2020, 08:57 AM   #15
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I feel your pain. My Connor Joe is Derek Holland. It seems like I see him every other pack some times.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:52 PM   #16
Orion
Major Leagues

I've pulled like 10 diamonds. 4 were Luis Severino.

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 10:14 PM   #17
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
I've pulled like 10 diamonds. 4 were Luis Severino.
He's your Brandon Woodruff!!!

SPTT team

Old 03-13-2020, 10:20 PM   #18
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And...that brings up an interesting point. Four more packs. Plus, factoring in the points I earned whilst the game was going on, and the points I got from quickselling all the Live duplicates (but not the points from selling the duplicate Justin Turner - lets round that up to an even 5K to spend to shore up either 2B or CF) - that gives me...just over 6K. So...ten more packs!

Looks like Packapalooza 2 isn't quite over, after all!!!
Okay, I did open up the other ten packs. No Christy Mathewsons or anything like that. Although I did get another Diamond, bringing me to 10 for the whole experiment.

1 Diamond (93 Blake Snell)
0 Gold
2 Silver (in back-to-back packs, no less)
14 Bronze
43 Iron

SPTT team