Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 12-04-2019, 09:45 AM   #1
Mike Donlin
All Star Reserve

Shop a Player Not Working

In my fictional league, shop a player used to work but now it doesn't. It has nothing to do with finances. All but a few teams are in the black, and even when you shop prospects on minor league deals, no team offers a player.

Has this happened to anyone before? I've been playing the game for fifteen years and it's the first time for me. I'd like to fix it. I'm attached to this league.
Mike Donlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:34 PM   #2
t-bone shuffle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Donlin View Post
In my fictional league, shop a player used to work but now it doesn't. It has nothing to do with finances. All but a few teams are in the black, and even when you shop prospects on minor league deals, no team offers a player.

Has this happened to anyone before? I've been playing the game for fifteen years and it's the first time for me. I'd like to fix it. I'm attached to this league.
Have you tried "shopping" after adding a "team need"? I'm not seeing this, though I do see some combinations that occasionally fail to produce offers.

But I'd say that if you set a "team need", then experiment by offering one of your top prospects and get no offers, you likely have a problem.

It's also good to note where you stand with regards to the season. As in off-season, pre-season, etc. These can effect the AI's desire to make moves as well.

Hope this helps.
t-bone shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:40 AM   #3
acclaim99
Major Leagues

Just to check something out for me, go to initiate a trade and try doing a regular trade and see if there is any messages in kthe trade window.

You said you've been playing for 15 years now, maybe the player has 10 and 5 rights?

acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:54 AM   #4
Mike Donlin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by acclaim99 View Post
Just to check something out for me, go to initiate a trade and try doing a regular trade and see if there is any messages in kthe trade window.

You said you've been playing for 15 years now, maybe the player has 10 and 5 rights?
I meant I've been playing the game for 15 years, not that the league has existed for 15 years. (Although it has.) Anyway, I have 10 and 5 rights turned off.

Oddly, I can get shop a player to work if I specify what kind of player I want in return (prospect, regular, etc.) But not if I do not specify. It's weird.

Thanks for the guess, though.
Mike Donlin is offline   Reply With Quote