Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-03-2019, 02:51 PM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

OOTP Administrators: Is Website Having Problems?

For the last week or so, on occasion, it takes quite a while for the OOTP Forums to connect with my computer... it says "OOTP is not responding"... this is not a regular occurrence... just occasionally.

I don't think it is my computer.

I go to other websites just to see if my computer is working properly and they load up quickly.

Moderators: Are you have troubles on the website?... are you shutting it down more often for maintenance?

It happened yesterday and 4 or 5 other times in the last week.

I made two posts yesterday on the Dynasty Forum at 12:54 pm and 8:47 pm and had trouble connecting each time.

It's working fine today.

Would appreciate your comments.

Is anybody else having this same problem?

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-03-2019 at 02:58 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 03:02 PM   #2
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

I have experienced the same thing off and on for some time now.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 03:05 PM   #3
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
I have experienced the same thing off and on for some time now.
No big deal... I just hope OOTP knows it is happening and is working on it.

Never seen this in my time on the OOTP Forums.

It's a little aggravating, but one can live with it.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:35 PM   #4
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
For the last week or so, on occasion, it takes quite a while for the OOTP Forums to connect with my computer... it says "OOTP is not responding"... this is not a regular occurrence... just occasionally.

I don't think it is my computer.

I go to other websites just to see if my computer is working properly and they load up quickly.

Moderators: Are you have troubles on the website?... are you shutting it down more often for maintenance?

It happened yesterday and 4 or 5 other times in the last week.

I made two posts yesterday on the Dynasty Forum at 12:54 pm and 8:47 pm and had trouble connecting each time.

It's working fine today.

Would appreciate your comments.

Is anybody else having this same problem?

Yes I've seen the same thing. It's been going on for 3 months or so for me, but it is intermittent. Most days it will work fine then the page times out and won't load when every other website works fine.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:14 PM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

there's more than one possibility, so it's not always forum-server releated.

i sometimes experience a 'hang' too. could be isp, could be forum server, could be any hop between.

next time you experience it, you can eliminate possible causes... e.g. other sites load fine, it's less likely your isp.

can do a /tracert <dns of www.ootpdevelopments.com> and it will tell you if it is a problem somewhere in between.

also, some "is it up or not" websites can check if it's local or wide.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:24 AM   #6
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

When is this? Usually we run our backups at 2:30 AM ET. During that time the forums & websites are down for a few minutes.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:46 AM   #7
Mat
All Star Reserve

Havent had any issues. Always lightning fast here.
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:47 AM   #8
zappa1
All Star Starter

There is problems right now. All morning it keeps saying simulating. Log out, log in. Same thing. Right now it says 3+ minutes until next sim. Shouldn't it be next sim in like 2+ hours? Plus the timer in not in snyc with the real time. I have 7:48 and it says 2 minutes until next sim. That's not right.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:50 AM   #9
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

I have been having forum wait time frequently in the past couple weeks. I thought it was just more people on now that PT is live.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:03 AM   #10
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

For me there have been times when I cannot connect with the website at random scattered hours of the day- but generally during normal business hours (at least what is normal in my time zone.)

Generally if I keep trying eventually I will get through. This happens both on my work computer and at home. When it does happen if I navigate to other websites I tend to frequent all is fine. I just assumed server issues and that traffic may be heavier than anticipated. (And for me this has been happening for several months at least, though perhaps a bit more frequent in the last month or so.)

It certainly doesn't make me love OOTP or the forums any less. Just occasionally a bit frustrating.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:10 AM   #11
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
For me there have been times when I cannot connect with the website at random scattered hours of the day- but generally during normal business hours (at least what is normal in my time zone.)

Generally if I keep trying eventually I will get through. This happens both on my work computer and at home. When it does happen if I navigate to other websites I tend to frequent all is fine. I just assumed server issues and that traffic may be heavier than anticipated. (And for me this has been happening for several months at least, though perhaps a bit more frequent in the last month or so.)

It certainly doesn't make me love OOTP or the forums any less. Just occasionally a bit frustrating.
This is what I've been experiencing for about a month now. Never lasts very long, maybe 10 to 20 minutes at most.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:41 AM   #12
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

yes, for the last couple of months. not long time waits where the site isn't coming up, around 10 mins it seems. doesn't matter which browser i've tried (firefox, vivaldi or IE11). and it's never at the same time. maybe in morning, maybe afternoons. i'm almost never on in the evenings, so don't know about that time frame,

i just thought it was a lot of usage due to PT. or my ISP .... maybe not. anyway, now i realize it's not just me.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:57 AM   #13
TPinrose
Minors (Double A)

Same issue here. It's happened to me twice on Sunday AM central standard time.
TPinrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:10 AM   #14
hefalumps
All Star Starter

I was downloading the latest patch, went away for awhile, came back an hour or so later and found out the patch had timed out about 3/4 way through. Resumed the download and it finished just fine.

Wouldn't be surprised if whatever issue interrupted my download may have been related to the issue others are seeing with the website/forum unless the servers are hosted in different places.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:01 PM   #15
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
When is this? Usually we run our backups at 2:30 AM ET. During that time the forums & websites are down for a few minutes.
Markus, I have noted the times only once... it seems to vary time-wise... the other day it was at 12:54pm and 8:47 pm. (see first post in this thread)

I'll let you know if it happens again and give you the exact times.

Usually it only last 10 minutes or so, then it works fine.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-04-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:10 PM   #16
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

best guess based on when it happens to me:

spam protection? i'm often quicly going between pages or possibly hitting "edit" too soon after saving a previous edit or orignal post etc etc... so, i'm assuming it is my behaviour as the cause, but if others experience under more normal useage, i'd retract that, obviously.

do any spam protections rules block an ip for 10minutes? 5minutes? etc? if the timing is always the same, it becomes more liekly it's purposeful/automated actions -- even if slightly unintentional relative to context. faux-spam reading etc...

Last edited by NoOne; 02-04-2019 at 02:11 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:46 PM   #17
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
best guess based on when it happens to me:

spam protection? i'm often quicly going between pages or possibly hitting "edit" too soon after saving a previous edit or orignal post etc etc... so, i'm assuming it is my behaviour as the cause, but if others experience under more normal useage, i'd retract that, obviously.

do any spam protections rules block an ip for 10minutes? 5minutes? etc? if the timing is always the same, it becomes more liekly it's purposeful/automated actions -- even if slightly unintentional relative to context. faux-spam reading etc...
don't think it's spam related, as the problem occurs when i first try to log on. what's strange it's happened both on my real computer - a win 10, and the old one i have the game on a win 8.1. when one work, they both do. when one can't log in, neither will. as mentioned, usually in the morning or later afternoon when i tend to get time to get to the boards.
now, it hasn't happened in the last few days at all. but when it works, it seems to be fine for a week or so, then act up a couple of days in a row.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:53 AM   #18
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

The OOTP Forum is slow processing right now... 10:45 am to 10:50 am (Tuesday).

I would see in the URL "OOTP not responding"... after a minute or so it would connect.

I had trouble posting a logo (using the attachments) on the OOTP Graphics Forum.

It took me 5 minutes to do it... twice in the process I saw "OOTP not responding"... finally connected each time after a minute or so.

Markus, hope this helps you figure out the problem.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-05-2019 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:03 PM   #19
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

I just went back to the OOTP Graphics Forum and tried to repost the logo... it went fine this time at 10:53 am... no problem at all.

Markus: could this have something to do with "History" and cookies on the website or the "History" on my computer?

This problem seems to occur the "first time" I access OOTP each day... does the forum have to store info about me before I can access the forums.

As you know, EC doesn't know zilch about computer technology... just a guess on my illiterate part.

Don't know if it is related to the problem or not, but I use CCleaner everyday when I shut down my computer to clean out all the junk and trash I pick up doing the day on the Internet.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-05-2019 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:21 PM   #20
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

I have this problem intermittently as well. It just won't work for a few minutes and then it will go just fine. It happens at all times, I would say mostly in the evening (5-7 PM) in the US.
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote