Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 11-10-2018, 01:48 AM   #1
mars001
All Star Reserve

19.9.114 crashing while playing out out games

I haven't had any crashing issues with OOTP 19 until the most recent update. I've had the app crash while playing out a game 3 times in 2 days.

There isn't an error message. The game pauses for a few seconds and then just goes away.

This is in the Windows event viewer:

Faulting application name: ootp19.exe, version: 19.9.114.0, time stamp: 0x5be34573
Faulting module name: ootp19.exe, version: 19.9.114.0, time stamp: 0x5be34573
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00a978e5
Faulting process id: 0x3fc8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4789e4e5baf8c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\ootp19.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\ootp19.exe
Report Id: c151eb1b-6830-4b98-9e64-0a3f9aab6e4f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
mars001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:57 AM   #2
mars001
All Star Reserve

I've turned on trace mode. Hopefully it happens again so I can capture the logs.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:41 PM   #3
Red08
Minors (Single A)

I am having the same issue. Playing games out and the game just randomly goes away, no error message or nothing
Red08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 11:43 AM   #4
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I've had this happen once too. In context I play out all of my games so have only played 4 or 5 games with the new patch. Yeah, it did just "go away". I hit enter in one pitch mode to complete the AB and the game went straight to desktop. Was waiting to see if it ever happened again before reporting but then noticed this thread today.

I believe there is one nvidia driver update I haven't installed. Will try that and keep an eye out for any more problems. Must be something rare or the board would be filled posts.

I do have Win 10 fully updated, 24 gig ram, 1tb ssd with plenty of space. Never an issue before this. Will try the nvidia update and report back if another crash occurs.

edit to add I play the esellerate (sp?) version bought direct from OOTP Dev.

Last edited by Sweed; 11-11-2018 at 11:46 AM. Reason: add what version of ootp I have
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:07 PM   #5
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Same as above. Thank God since the game was already played and saved it was no harm. It would have sucked if leading while playing the game live and crashed and then had to start a new game.........Z
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:14 PM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

When this sort of thing starts happening after an update (or anytime really) video card driver updates are always the first step to take.

Please be sure to do/check this manually even if you have a program that should update them automatically, as sometimes it doesn't happen.

If that doesn't fix things, let me know some more info about your system including your OS, video card, other programs running at the same time as OOTP and we'll go from there.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:56 PM   #7
Willie M
Minors (Double A)

Happening to me now. Has never happened on any version, including OOTP19 (1000s of games played). Latest patch and the game just randomly closes. Has happened on 4 occasions. Only when I play games out.

Last edited by Willie M; 11-16-2018 at 10:58 PM.
Willie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:58 AM   #8
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
When this sort of thing starts happening after an update (or anytime really) video card driver updates are always the first step to take.

Please be sure to do/check this manually even if you have a program that should update them automatically, as sometimes it doesn't happen.

If that doesn't fix things, let me know some more info about your system including your OS, video card, other programs running at the same time as OOTP and we'll go from there.
I did update my video driver but... It happened again to me while playing out another game. I use text to speech and there was a slight hesitation in the audio and I thought "uh oh" and sure enough straight to desktop. To be clear this hesitation did not happen in the first crash to desktop.

Like the others this has only happened since the last patch. What worries me a bit is I've been busy with not a lot of time to play so this is the second occurrence in less than 10 games.

I do have Win 10 fully updated, 24 gig ram, 1tb ssd with plenty of space.
Nvidia 1050 card less than a year old. I run Norton. I've never excluded OOTP from scans before but I did go into Norton just now and do that and
also excluded from autoprotect. Have no idea if that will help?

Also while looking through Norton I found this mention of OOTP under security history. Again, no idea if it means anything but it does show what time I started playing and when the game crashed to desktop. I did think it strange that OOTP entering and exiting full screen mode was listed in security history. Is that normal?
Attached Images
Old 11-17-2018, 07:33 AM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Next step would be to try playing with the OpenGL settings under start screen > settings > 3d and facegen, to see if any of those change the frequency of or prevent the crashing.

We can probably also use a trace file from you guys from after the game has crashed.

To generate that, do the following:

To generate that on a Windows PC, do the following:

If you're on Steam, right-click on your game in the Steam library, then Properties, and on the General menu click on 'Set Launch Options' and enter the word "tracemode" (without quotes.).

If you have the standalone, right-click on the OOTP19 shortcut on your desktop, click on properties and add 'tracemode' to the command line

Then try to start the game again. Get it to crash.

After it does so, navigate to the following folder: Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\debug

Find the trace file there and post with the rest of your information.

Also, would be helpful to have answers to the following questions from everyone:

Are you on a PC or Mac?
What OS are you using?
Do you have the game on Steam, Origin or the Standalone?
If you are on a Mac, what specific model Mac do you have? Also if you're on a Mac please attach the Mac crash report that pops up after a crash.
What are your system specs (especially your video card and your amount of memory)?
What video card type and model do you have?

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 11-17-2018 at 07:35 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 07:38 AM   #10
Chris Marquardt
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Also while looking through Norton I found this mention of OOTP under security history. Again, no idea if it means anything but it does show what time I started playing and when the game crashed to desktop. I did think it strange that OOTP entering and exiting full screen mode was listed in security history. Is that normal?
The info is just saying that you opened/closed a fullscreen game and Norton will not display notifications while that game is on.
Chris Marquardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 11:15 AM   #11
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Next step would be to try playing with the OpenGL settings under start screen > settings > 3d and facegen, to see if any of those change the frequency of or prevent the crashing.

We can probably also use a trace file from you guys from after the game has crashed.

To generate that, do the following:

To generate that on a Windows PC, do the following:

If you're on Steam, right-click on your game in the Steam library, then Properties, and on the General menu click on 'Set Launch Options' and enter the word "tracemode" (without quotes.).

If you have the standalone, right-click on the OOTP19 shortcut on your desktop, click on properties and add 'tracemode' to the command line

Then try to start the game again. Get it to crash.

After it does so, navigate to the following folder: Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\debug

Find the trace file there and post with the rest of your information.

Also, would be helpful to have answers to the following questions from everyone:

Are you on a PC or Mac?
What OS are you using?
Do you have the game on Steam, Origin or the Standalone?
If you are on a Mac, what specific model Mac do you have? Also if you're on a Mac please attach the Mac crash report that pops up after a crash.
What are your system specs (especially your video card and your amount of memory)?
What video card type and model do you have?
Thanks Lukas I'll add "tracemode" and hopefully get something you can use.

I'll attach some system screenshots and, fwiw, my video card nvidia 1050 is a Gigabyte brand.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 11-17-2018, 11:45 AM   #12
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

This has also now happened to me twice while playing games out since latest patch. I'll turn on trace mode now for next time.
MBarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 11:25 AM   #13
ewank
Minors (Single A)

Game Just Disappears

I am having the same issue, I even lost a game in process where a couple of historic events were occurring, and of course, I could not replicate these events. I hope the next iteration of the game will fix this issue.

One thing that I have not seen is does this happen to people using the game through Steam as I do, or does it happen to all gamers.
ewank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 01:48 PM   #14
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewank View Post
I am having the same issue, I even lost a game in process where a couple of historic events were occurring, and of course, I could not replicate these events. I hope the next iteration of the game will fix this issue.

One thing that I have not seen is does this happen to people using the game through Steam as I do, or does it happen to all gamers.
Well, the only thing stopping a fix if finding the cause They are pumping out patches for PT so I think if a cause is found a fix would come out in one of those.

As for me I've played my last 2 ST games and am 6 games into my regular season but haven't had a crash yet. I have set up "tracemode" so, while I don't like crashes, I'm hoping to have one so I can send in the tracemode file and a cause can be found.
Old 11-23-2018, 02:51 PM   #15
mars001
All Star Reserve

Mine hasn't crashed since turning on trace mode. Maybe that's the fix?
Old 11-24-2018, 09:31 AM   #16
TonyF8996
Bat Boy

Same here OOTP 19 shuts down by itself while playing a game,,, im on Steam

Played over 500 hours without issue , now with these last updates,, games shuts down

Don't know what was done with those last updates,,,perfect team,,

But please remove them

Last edited by TonyF8996; 11-24-2018 at 09:39 AM.
TonyF8996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:10 AM   #17
Reed
All Star Starter

My workaround.
I have Nvidia gtx 1070 graphics card, latest drivers. Whenevever I played a game out and going to game summary screen (box score) and then to main screen where the standings/leaderboards. If I would then try to advance a day or do anything else, OOTP would just disappear (no warning, just like the above posts).

With software that came with my computer I am able to turn off the Nvidia graphics card and just use the intel integrated graphics which I did and the game runs fine. Of course I would much prefer to just use the dedicated graphics card.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:59 AM   #18
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
My workaround.
I have Nvidia gtx 1070 graphics card, latest drivers. Whenevever I played a game out and going to game summary screen (box score) and then to main screen where the standings/leaderboards. If I would then try to advance a day or do anything else, OOTP would just disappear (no warning, just like the above posts).

With software that came with my computer I am able to turn off the Nvidia graphics card and just use the intel integrated graphics which I did and the game runs fine. Of course I would much prefer to just use the dedicated graphics card.
So you can repeat this every time or almost every time? If so have you considered running trace-mode and sending the file to OOTP Dev. ? Right now, as far as I know, they have no crash data to work with to try to fix the issue.

Your situation is slightly different than mine and, I think, the others listed here IE our games have "disappeared" while playing out the game. Not after looking at box score, going to main screen, and then trying to advance. Others can correct me if that is wrong.

The similarity is I run nvidia too with updated drivers except its a 1050 card. Also I have had, I think (?), two updates since first encountering this issue. No crashes since the last update for me but your experience suggests it is only a matter of time

Anyway I think your issue is certainly close enough to this that a trace-mode file might just give OOTP Dev. enough info to hopefully come up with a fix or at least narrow down where to look.

As an update to my disappearing game I have not been able to reproduce it 10 games into my regular season so, while I still run trace-mode I have no file to send. I've never hoped for a game to crash as much as I have this one for no other reason than to give OOTP data to work with.

This has to be a rare bug or the boards would be exploding with complaints. Please, if your crash is repeatable, consider sending in a file
Old 12-05-2018, 11:04 AM   #19
Reed
All Star Starter

Just sent an email to Lucas with trace file and my computer/graphic card info.. Yes, it happens every time I play a game out (even in trace mode) after box score/recap is displayed and I click finish-game disappears with no warning.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:42 PM   #20
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
Just sent an email to Lucas with trace file and my computer/graphic card info.. Yes, it happens every time I play a game out (even in trace mode) after box score/recap is displayed and I click finish-game disappears with no warning.
Thanks, hope it helps them out.

Funny thing, for me, is I'm now 19 games into my season, play out all of my games, and haven't had a "go to desktop" experience since near the end of spring training. Not sure what to think?

edit: I did have one thought since making this post.... These 19 games were all played after I excluded OOTP 19 from any Norton scans or activity.

Fingers crossed

Last edited by Sweed; 12-05-2018 at 07:30 PM.