Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Exclamation Important Note re: Newsletter/Version 0.9.59

It appears that the newsletter we sent out earlier this weekend contained a download link to a very unstable internal build (0.9.59) that should not have been released to the public. If you downloaded the game via the link in the newsletter, please uninstall it (remember to release your license first from the Preferences-License screen) and download and reinstall the proper version (0.9.56 for PC, 0.9.57 for Mac) from these links:

http://files.ootpdevelopments.com/fh...m2014setup.exe (PC)
http://files.ootpdevelopments.com/fh...rInstaller.dmg (Mac)

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Edit: Because of the confusion, we're going to extend the pre-order discount through August 21 instead of ending it after today (the 19th).

Last edited by JeffR; 08-19-2013 at 06:22 AM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #2
boss1968
Minors (Double A)

Okay, I did all that and now I'm getting an 'invalid database version' error message for my previously saved league. :-(

What can I do to fix this ?

Last edited by boss1968; 08-19-2013 at 12:03 AM.
boss1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Hey, Boss ... If you already released your license first from the Preferences-License screen ... then either reinstalled the FHM, again and entered the key ... you should be good to go ... it may take several tries ...
Old 08-19-2013, 12:05 AM   #4
boss1968
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabez54 View Post
Hey, Boss ... If you already released your license first from the Preferences-License screen ... then either reinstalled the FHM, again and entered the key ... you should be good to go ... it may take several tries ...
Yup, it finally kicked in ! But now I'm having an 'invalid database version' error. :-(
Old 08-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #5
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Thats Sucks, mate ... trying to remember somewhere within the FHM's postings that had mentioned this - with a possible solution ...
Old 08-19-2013, 12:32 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss1968 View Post
Yup, it finally kicked in ! But now I'm having an 'invalid database version' error. :-(
That usually happens when there's an error during installation. Best thing to do is uninstall again (and just to be sure, after doing that check if your C:\Users\(username)\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 and \Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments are empty and, if not, delete whatever's in them), re-download, and re-install.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:01 AM   #7
bob
Minors (Double A)

any news about what you have did on that patch ? or bugs something like that ? did you have fix the staff problem ???
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:23 AM   #8
Norvell
Bat Boy

Jackass that I am, I un-installed without writing down my license number, how do I retrieve it? Thanks.
Norvell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:51 AM   #9
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norvell View Post
Jackass that I am, I un-installed without writing down my license number, how do I retrieve it? Thanks.
You received an e-mail when you purchased the game. The serial should be somewhere in there.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:12 AM   #10
Norvell
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
You received an e-mail when you purchased the game. The serial should be somewhere in there.
Thanks pens but the only email I have received was a eSellerate receipt from Paypal.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:37 AM   #11
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks pens but the only email I have received was a eSellerate receipt from Paypal.
See here please:

I lost my license number and confirmation email - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:28 AM   #12
Norvell
Bat Boy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
See here please:
Thanks Andreas.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #13
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm in the same boat. I have my serial # from the email I received when I purchased the game. However, I gather that I'll lose one of my licenses if I don't release the one I used on 0.9.59. How do I go about releasing that license? Do I need to send an email to Kayako eSupport?
Corsairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #14
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It appears that the newsletter we sent out earlier this weekend contained a download link to a very unstable internal build (0.9.59) that should not have been released to the public. If you downloaded the game via the link in the newsletter, please uninstall it (remember to release your license first from the Preferences-License screen) and download and reinstall the proper version (0.9.56 for PC, 0.9.57 for Mac) from these links:

http://files.ootpdevelopments.com/fh...m2014setup.exe (PC)
http://files.ootpdevelopments.com/fh...rInstaller.dmg (Mac)

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Edit: Because of the confusion, we're going to extend the pre-order discount through August 21 instead of ending it after today (the 19th).

So, this is NOT a new update. It's builded 0.9.56 which was release on Aug 3 2013. So when will there be a new update release?
Rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #15
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsairs View Post
I'm in the same boat. I have my serial # from the email I received when I purchased the game. However, I gather that I'll lose one of my licenses if I don't release the one I used on 0.9.59. How do I go about releasing that license? Do I need to send an email to Kayako eSupport?
You never actually lose your license. You can send me a mail anytime with your order ID and I'll re-issue the license for you if you're out of licenses. If you re-license on the same machine, it's even likely that the system will not use a new license again. So I suggest you just license again and if you're out of licenses, you send me an email with product name, version and order ID and I'll help.

[Edit] But obviously the easiest way is to keep the order ID and serial # in a safe place and unlicense before uninstall
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #16
boss1968
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
That usually happens when there's an error during installation. Best thing to do is uninstall again (and just to be sure, after doing that check if your C:\Users\(username)\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 and \Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments are empty and, if not, delete whatever's in them), re-download, and re-install.
I think what happened to me is that I had set up/saved a league with the 059 version, and now that I am using the proper 056 version, the game is not recognizing my 059 saved league.

Any way to change the saved 059 league to be compatible with 056 ? I'd really hate to start everything from scratch, if possible ?

(when I un-installed, the game asked me if I wanted to keep my saved leagues, and I clicked yes)

Last edited by boss1968; 08-19-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #17
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
So, this is NOT a new update. It's builded 0.9.56 which was release on Aug 3 2013. So when will there be a new update release?
+1

Thursday or Friday Jeff told us that he would've had a better view of in what shape this game could be in by the end of the week.

I expect that this 0.9.59 update that didn't go so well was probably our update from last week but now because of all the bugs they're pushing it further ?

I would really like to know when we can expect another update because if we have to wait another few days or till the end of the week I'll go work on my website again instead of testing this current game.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #18
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I think what happened to me is that I had set up/saved a league with the 059 version, and now that I am using the proper 056 version, the game is not recognizing my 059 saved league.

Any way to change the saved 059 league to be compatible with 056 ? I'd really hate to start everything from scratch, if possible ?

(when I un-installed, the game asked me if I wanted to keep my saved leagues, and I clicked yes)
It doesn't matter because save-games aren't working when the Beta's update - you always have to start new games when an update goes up a version.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #19
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:

Ah, no, sorry - there were changes to the database structure between 0.56 and 0.59, so saves from one aren't compatible with the other.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #20
chuck1948911
Bat Boy

invalid data base

I keep getting error message invalid data base when I try to load game
chuck1948911 is offline   Reply With Quote