Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-21-2020, 06:06 PM   #21
zappa1
All Star Starter

I'm pretty much deaf so I don't hear anything but noise. I can pick up "safe" from the ump, though. Faintly hear the fireworks. Don't have any head phones. I'm fine, though. Been this way for years and years. I have a hearing aid, but only wear it when I go out. In fact, I'm suppose to have 2 but only the one.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:22 PM   #22
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Ricker View Post
It's not offensive.
It is worth noting that being a curse and being offensive are two separate things that can both exist independently of one another.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:41 PM   #23
Harry Hibbs
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoyalKC View Post
The voices I cut from my files are the "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah" guy and the "Foul ball girl" that shouts "Yay! Woooo!" when a ball goes foul.
The "Yeah" guy has two male voices. You hear "Yeah! (unintelligible), Yeah! (unintelligible), Yeah! (unintelligible). You hear them about every two or three minutes!

Ir-ri-tat-ing!
I think the yeah yeah yeah guy should be gone from 21. The main crowd loops are completely new for 21.
Harry Hibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:04 PM   #24
absurddoctor
Minors (Double A)

I haven't heard 'No way, No Way!!' guy yet. I think I might miss him if he's gone too.
absurddoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:11 PM   #25
Harry Hibbs
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by absurddoctor View Post
I haven't heard 'No way, No Way!!' guy yet. I think I might miss him if he's gone too.
I think he's still in there
Old 03-22-2020, 08:12 AM   #26
Charlie Ricker
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by absurddoctor View Post
The no way guy is still there, thankfully. In fact, when I hit back to back HR's he also went back to back.
Charlie Ricker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:09 PM   #27
micropterus58
All Star Starter

I love the "No Way" guy. If the devs remove him I won't buy the game. LOL I guess he's like broccoli or Stephen A. Smith (of ESPN). Love him or hate him.

You can use Audacity to delete the audio if you want.
https://www.audacityteam.org/
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:11 PM   #28
endgame
Hall Of Famer

I hear voices.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:24 PM   #29
rink23
Hall Of Famer

I am currently still playing 2021, but I have often felt there is one fan reaction string -- mostly a bunch of booing to a negative play by/against the home team -- that features someone saying "bullchit."
rink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 05:39 PM   #30
georgecf
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It is one of those things that can be heard either way, like pictures asking if they are blue or green. If you want to hear "cotton candy," you will . . . and if you want to hear "G-- D--- I-," you will . . .

In the context of where it is heard, however, it seems very much like the latter . . .

So as not to offend anyone, it should be removed from the game . . .
georgecf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 06:00 PM   #31
Harry Hibbs
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgecf View Post
It is one of those things that can be heard either way, like pictures asking if they are blue or green. If you want to hear "cotton candy," you will . . . and if you want to hear "G-- D--- I-," you will . . .

In the context of where it is heard, however, it seems very much like the latter . . .

So as not to offend anyone, it should be removed from the game . . .
If you are so concerned about the way you hear it, a less-selfish course of action would be to delete that file from your sound folder instead of requesting the developers delete it for everyone. Maybe we don't all share your hearing, let alone your sensitive nature.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:52 PM   #32
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hibbs View Post
If you are so concerned about the way you hear it, a less-selfish course of action would be to delete that file from your sound folder instead of requesting the developers delete it for everyone. Maybe we don't all share your hearing, let alone your sensitive nature.
I was wondering if you could just rename or delete the individual sound files with causing the game to freak out or crash.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:19 PM   #33
Harry Hibbs
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
I was wondering if you could just rename or delete the individual sound files with causing the game to freak out or crash.
Yes you can.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:23 PM   #34
Harry Hibbs
Minors (Double A)

Here's the Steam install path. The file in question is the first .ogg file in the list and it's named ambient_cc.ogg. For GeorgeCF and any others who are concerned, just delete the file from that folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Out of the Park Baseball 21\data\sounds
Old 03-22-2020, 08:22 PM   #35
Charley575
All Star Reserve

Yeah I just listened to this in headphones it's definitely "cotton candy".

But since we're talking about offensive sounds, how do I get rid of that horrible carnival merry-go-round version of Take Me Out To The Ballgame?

That one is thoroughly obnoxious.

Charley575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:26 AM   #36
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

I find it cute what Americans consider cursing. Very obviously none of you have ever seen (or rather, heard) me play OOTP.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:25 AM   #37
Pedro
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Ricker View Post
The no way guy is still there, thankfully. In fact, when I hit back to back HR's he also went back to back.

Oh thank god.

Best thing about the game.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 02:42 PM   #38
Hal Wing
Minors (Rookie Ball)

On the cotton candy debate, here's a hint: the file name is "ambient_cc
Hal Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:36 AM   #39
ALB123
All Star Reserve

I absolutely love the sounds in ootp 21. Is it technically possible to add even more sound files, if one were so inclined? Would you just have to follow the same naming scheme? For instance, could I add my own rally27.ogg file and would it be randomly used by OOTP?

Also, if we can't do that, I would gladly pay for an "Adult Language Sound Pack" addon. About 10 varieties of F-Bombs for close plays, errors, strikeout victims and several other sound files with other profanities, along with a bunch of recorded heckles would be fantastic.

If anyone thinks this is in jest, let me assure you...it most certainly is not!
Old 08-19-2020, 02:29 AM   #40
mytreds
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALB123 View Post
I absolutely love the sounds in ootp 21. Is it technically possible to add even more sound files, if one were so inclined? Would you just have to follow the same naming scheme? For instance, could I add my own rally27.ogg file and would it be randomly used by OOTP?

Also, if we can't do that, I would gladly pay for an "Adult Language Sound Pack" addon. About 10 varieties of F-Bombs for close plays, errors, strikeout victims and several other sound files with other profanities, along with a bunch of recorded heckles would be fantastic.

If anyone thinks this is in jest, let me assure you...it most certainly is not!
I’ve added the SF home run sound. Preeeeety cool
mytreds is offline   Reply With Quote