Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 10-15-2017, 12:51 PM   #1
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Why do my players jersey numbers keep changing (Historical)

So I have Bernie Williams and Randy Johnson on my team and I set Randy to wear #41 and Bernie to wear #51, but I sent Bernie down to start the season to get an extra year of service, so when I called him up, I went to look at his ratings and I saw he was wearing #52 and Randy had gone back to #51 even though I didn't set his number to 51. So I had to manually switch their numbers and I have other examples of this happening on my team too, is this just something that happens in historical games? This is my first time playing a historical game so if this is a dumb question then I apologize.
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:39 PM   #2
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Bumping because it happened again as I moved into the next season. Also players are wearing retired numbers. I retired all of the Yankees numbers manually and somebody is wearing 44 and 49

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2017, 05:02 PM   #3
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Yes, in historical games we will update their uniform numbers each year with what number they actually used. I believe this gets set when we roll over to the new pre-season. You would need to manually edit the numbers after that point if you want them for the next season.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:29 PM   #4
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

thanks
Old 10-19-2017, 05:16 PM   #5
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yes, in historical games we will update their uniform numbers each year with what number they actually used. I believe this gets set when we roll over to the new pre-season. You would need to manually edit the numbers after that point if you want them for the next season.
Yep - this is part of my preseason routine. It can be annoying when you've decided you need to set a player to a number different than what he wore historically, but if you want to keep the majority of the players accurate to what they wore in real life, it's the only way to do it - just have to put in the work.

I guess a future version could put in a checkbox for each player saying "exempt this player from historical jersey number changes" - don't know how hard that would be to implement.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:54 AM   #6
vtrudell
Bat Boy

This also happens in the "All-Time Greatest" quickstart....examples include Ted Williams NOT having #9....I knew there would be an issue with players who retired before numbers were around(and also with multiple guys wearing same number).....but still it's VERY annoying to have change EVERYONE'S number to be as accurate as possible.

Last edited by vtrudell; 10-23-2017 at 05:59 AM.
vtrudell is offline   Reply With Quote