Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-02-2017, 03:39 AM   #1
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Funniest injury I have ever seen

dont know if anyone else has seen this one, but good lord that is funny. and 11 months too glad he isnt on my team

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 04:48 AM   #2
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Worst hangover in recorded history.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:12 PM   #3
diesel230
All Star Reserve

Sadly a dwi with accident that the team isn't willing to talk about yet. Thankfully nobody hurt except for Shaw.

Thats how i would use it in my league.
diesel230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 11:24 PM   #4
ChromEagle
Minors (Triple A)

Speaking of funny injuries, look at this injury one of my players got:

ChromEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:46 AM   #5
hefalumps
All Star Starter

A few versions back my ace pitcher ended up missing 11 months when he injured himself running from the police. To make it even more amusing, I'm pretty sure the news story happened on Christmas Day. Maybe we weren't paying him enough and he was trying to Jean Valjean his family a color TV for Christmas or something (it was the 50's...)
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:54 AM   #6
hefalumps
All Star Starter

In fact, my league's entire 1955-1956 offseason that year was pretty rough. And I was wrong - it was December 26th, not 25th...

Friday, January 20th, 1956
St. Louis Cardinals: RF Bill Renna was injured while pinching a nerve in his neck after sleeping awkwardly. The Diagnosis: undisclosed injury. He's expected to miss about 2 weeks.

Monday, December 26th, 1955
Baltimore Orioles: SP Vinegar Bend Mizell was injured running away from the police. The Diagnosis: torn posterior cruciate ligament. He's expected to miss about 10 months.

Sunday, November 20th, 1955
New York Yankees: LF Ray Jablonski was injured when he was attacked by a wild animal during a trip to the zoo. The Diagnosis: knee contusion. He's expected to miss about 1-2 weeks.

Thursday, October 27th, 1955
Milwaukee Braves: CF Felipe Montemayor was injured after being bit by a poisonous snake. The Diagnosis: undisclosed injury. He's expected to miss about 2 weeks.

Friday, October 21st, 1955
Pittsburgh Pirates: MR Mel Wright was injured after he got drunk and started trouble at the bar. The Diagnosis: concussion. He's expected to miss about 1-2 weeks.

Wednesday, October 5th, 1955
New York Giants: LF Joe Durham was injured . The Diagnosis: virus. He's expected to miss about 1-2 weeks.

Monday, September 26th, 1955
Chicago Cubs: 1B Ted Kluszewski was injured . The Diagnosis: Accidental shoots himself in foot. He's expected to miss about 4 weeks.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:27 AM   #7
lightgrenade07
Minors (Double A)

In OOTP15, I had a golden glove catcher who decided to retire at age 29 after breaking a tooth.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:31 AM   #8
MikeS21
Minors (Triple A)

I think it was in OOTP15, I had a relief pitcher who accidently sliced his thumb as he was cutting himself a piece of pie. He missed like three weeks.

In kind of a related vein, that same season, one of the other teams had a player who broke his toe while getting a snack out of the refrigerator in the middle of the night. Evidently, he forgot to turn the light on in the kitchen and was creeping around in the dark!
MikeS21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 03:49 AM   #9
Zundar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just had a player receive a bruised knee after being attacked by a shark.

I think my favorite from a player on my team was the guy that injured hi shoulder when his girlfriend hit him with a frying pan during an argument.
Zundar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:13 AM   #10
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Kind of funny in the opposite direction, I just had a guy suffer a "sore elbow" when his car was struck by a train. Really? Just a sore elbow?
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote