Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2017, 05:02 AM   #321
zappa1
All Star Starter

Adion, I do have all the 3d parks in the "models" folder. All the parks show up and are all playable. I just don't get the 3d crowds. It's all black in those areas. Only the 3d crowds don't show. Now, i did just get a new graphics card and the game play is great. Much smoother animation. No choppiness on the parks except the new ones from ootp18. Love the gameplay part. It's way better with the new card. However, i'm stupid with graphics as i don't understand all of the new settings i have with this card. I must not be setting something right. I've tried changing some things but have only seen a drop in crispness, not as clear, so i put the setting back. Basically, i don't know what i'm doing. I don't even know what the settings mean. I'm lost with that stuff. Can you give me any ideas? Thank you.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:01 AM   #322
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
Adion, I do have all the 3d parks in the "models" folder. All the parks show up and are all playable. I just don't get the 3d crowds. It's all black in those areas. Only the 3d crowds don't show. Now, i did just get a new graphics card and the game play is great. Much smoother animation. No choppiness on the parks except the new ones from ootp18. Love the gameplay part. It's way better with the new card. However, i'm stupid with graphics as i don't understand all of the new settings i have with this card. I must not be setting something right. I've tried changing some things but have only seen a drop in crispness, not as clear, so i put the setting back. Basically, i don't know what i'm doing. I don't even know what the settings mean. I'm lost with that stuff. Can you give me any ideas? Thank you.
Do you have 3D crowds in the parks that come with OOTP 17 and/or 18?
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:21 AM   #323
risp2out
All Star Reserve

Hi Adion,

First, these look terrific. I used so many of Silvam's parks in 17, and now you've added these crowds and backgrounds . . . just, WOW!

Second, I see four files in A-O Central. Three are numbered, and one says "various." Are these redundant in any way? Should we download all four?

Third, will adding your parks through A-O Central in any way displace the parks that come with the game (all the present-day MLB parks)? In other words, if I have a modern game and an historical one at the same time, will the modern game use the in-game parks and the historical game use yours?

Thanks again for the great work, and thanks in advance for your answers to these questions.
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:27 AM   #324
zappa1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
Do you have 3D crowds in the parks that come with OOTP 17 and/or 18?

I've downloaded the parks. I've unzipped them to my models folder. They all play. I just don't get any crowds. What file or folder am I missing? When I open the texture folder I don't see anything related to 3D crowds. Some parks I see the 2D files, crowd1, crowd2, etc. I have to have these parks in the right model folder or I wouldn't even be able to play them. I don't understand. If you can't help, then don't worry about it.

Yes, the parks that come with OOTP17 and OOTP18 are fine. I can see those crowds. The crowds in 18 are animated. I can see them moving around.

Last edited by zappa1; 03-29-2017 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:05 AM   #325
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
I've downloaded the parks. I've unzipped them to my models folder. They all play. I just don't get any crowds. What file or folder am I missing? When I open the texture folder I don't see anything related to 3D crowds. Some parks I see the 2D files, crowd1, crowd2, etc. I have to have these parks in the right model folder or I wouldn't even be able to play them. I don't understand. If you can't help, then don't worry about it.

Yes, the parks that come with OOTP17 and OOTP18 are fine. I can see those crowds. The crowds in 18 are animated. I can see them moving around.
I am a little confused as to why you are even looking in the textures folder. There is nothing in there that directly relates to 3D crowds. There is no reason that I can think of that my 3D crowds would not work if the OOTP ones do work. Are you dropping the the complete park folder in the Models folder, then in the game going to league settings/edit ballparks then finding the folder for the park you want to use by using Select file after 3D Model then finding the park by name from the Models folder and then selecting obj per the 2 pictures?
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-29-2017, 01:28 PM   #326
zappa1
All Star Starter

This is exactly what I do. Just what you are showing. I looked in the texture folder to see if there was a something like the crowd1, crowd2, crowd3 etc file in there. It must be a setting on my card. I don't know how to set it, I guess. If I didn't unzip the file into the models folder, it wouldn't even work at all. As it is I can play them. Just no crowd. It's all black.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:41 PM   #327
txranger
Hall Of Famer

I am having the same problem... The parks that came with the game work fine with the animated crowds, but yours just shows the crowds blacked out... Seems like they were working once before, but I can't be sure... I have made up several leagues throughout the beta process...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 01:46 PM   #328
zappa1
All Star Starter

Here is that memorial stadium. The one with the crowd is Silvam's.

Name:  1960_mlb_1962-04-25_13-36-32.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  325.1 KB Name:  1960_mlb_1962-04-25_13-39-41.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  315.5 KB

If I didn't put these in the models folder, it wouldn't even work.

The park is playable just like all the others.

I'm not trying to be a problem, just asking if you know an answer.
I don't know about graphics settings. I fiddled a little bit with it but got nowhere so I stopped messing around not knowing what I'm doing.

Last edited by zappa1; 03-29-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:48 PM   #329
txranger
Hall Of Famer

I knew they were working before... My problem was that I had the individual park folders in a sub-folder within the Models folder... I know that sounds confusing... When I moved the park folders into the models folder directly they work fine...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:00 PM   #330
zappa1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger View Post
I knew they were working before... My problem was that I had the individual park folders in a sub-folder within the Models folder... I know that sounds confusing... When I moved the park folders into the models folder directly they work fine...

Ok then. So in my models folder, I have the Memorial 54-60 folder. When I click on that, there is another memorial 54-60 folder. Is that the problem? I need to take out the 1st memorial folder?
Old 03-29-2017, 02:02 PM   #331
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger View Post
Generally speaking in my experience this type of error usually comes down to either a formatting issue or a resolution issue.

I'd likely say it's because the files it's trying to pull are buried too far down into the file system OR your O/S has some kind of protection against reading those files in that directory.

I'd just move the stadium directories directly into the models directory (it's where I have them ... I.e. models/yankee instead of models/silvam/yankee

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:05 PM   #332
zappa1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
Generally speaking in my experience this type of error usually comes down to either a formatting issue or a resolution issue.

I'd likely say it's because the files it's trying to pull are buried too far down into the file system OR your O/S has some kind of protection against reading those files in that directory.

I'd just move the stadium directories directly into the models directory (it's where I have them ... I.e. models/yankee instead of models/silvam/yankee
It's almost like I have a folder within a folder but they both have the same name. I'm going to try moving all of the content and see what I get. Thanks.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:14 PM   #333
zappa1
All Star Starter

This is my models folder with all the 3D parks.
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  420.5 KB

When I click on the memorial 54-60 folder, I get this.

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  188.8 KB

All the content is in this folder. Is this the problem? Same named folder within a folder?
Old 03-29-2017, 02:26 PM   #334
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
This is exactly what I do. Just what you are showing. I looked in the texture folder to see if there was a something like the crowd1, crowd2, crowd3 etc file in there. It must be a setting on my card. I don't know how to set it, I guess. If I didn't unzip the file into the models folder, it wouldn't even work at all. As it is I can play them. Just no crowd. It's all black.
The crowd things in the texture files are just the textures used to fill the stands. The 3D happens by linking those to the attendance folder in the game. This all takes place in the mtl file in the texture folder. There is an mtl file for each park. please email me the mtl file from one the parks that shows black crowd so I can look at it.

If you had the parks in the Models folder before the update and they had file names similiar file names that use to upload them, they should work after any up dates because any park files with different names than those that come with the game are not overwritten.

The crowds are working fine on my machine.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:27 PM   #335
zappa1
All Star Starter

Well what do you know? That's what it was. Simple folder problem.

Name:  1960_mlb_1962-04-26_14-22-05.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  380.4 KB

Thank you for helping me, everybody. Now< I've got some work to do to fix all of this. Thanks.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:29 PM   #336
zappa1
All Star Starter

Quote:
The crowd things in the texture files are just the textures used to fill the stands. The 3D happens by linking those to the attendance folder in the game. This all takes place in the mtl file in the texture folder. There is an mtl file for each park. please email me the mtl file from one the parks that shows black crowd so I can look at it.

If you had the parks in the Models folder before the update and they had file names similiar file names that use to upload them, they should work after any up dates because any park files with different names than those that come with the game are not overwritten.

The crowds are working fine on my machine.

It was a simple folder problem. Just like I showed. There was too many folders with the same name. One within the other. Move it and BAM. There it is.

It IS beautiful, isn't it?

Last edited by zappa1; 03-29-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:42 PM   #337
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
It was a simple folder problem. Just like I showed. There was too many folders with the same name. One within the other. Move it and BAM. There it is.

It IS beautiful, isn't it?
Phew,,,,I am glad you found the problem!
Old 03-29-2017, 04:50 PM   #338
zappa1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Phew,,,,I am glad you found the problem!
Thanks. I knew it couldn't have been that big a problem 'cause I could play all the parks. Glad I could give you some relief that it wasn't a 3D problem after all or my graphics settings. Amazing how something simple could mess things up. Took me about an hour or so to fix my folders. Learned something about folders and how OOTP reads them. Now I know what to do. And I can see all of your beautiful crowds, now. And I didn't know that your 3D crowds were animated, also. That's real cool.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:23 PM   #339
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

I didn't see Royals stadium for 1977 on Silvam's Parks...

everything else is great and I am very appreciative of his work

Last edited by Pinetarpress; 03-29-2017 at 08:36 PM.
Pinetarpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:12 PM   #340
Pinetarpress
Major Leagues

Quote:
Here is KC Municipal Stadium_As-55-62, KC Royals Stadium 69-72 & Kindome 77-99

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1ut...s_and_3D_crowd
Royals stadium did not have the 2nd board in the 70's...just the crown board...also LF was pretty much all grass and fountains were just in the RF side of the scoreboard

There was a great pic of Thurman Munson on twitter today where he was on deck against Kansas City...you can really see how bare LF was at Royals stadium
Attached Images
Image Image 
Pinetarpress is offline   Reply With Quote