Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-08-2016, 02:37 AM   #1
Bobfather
All Star Starter

Everyone is Yellow

Everyone of my ML relievers has been yellow for 2 days, even ones I have not used. I just got one back from DL so he is fine. But the problem is even my monor league pitchers are tired. I am pretty good at resting my relievers and try not to pitch them on consecutive days. Now sometime today my computer restarted itself so OOTP did not shut properly. Is there anything I can do, or just ride out till naptime?
Bobfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 03:09 AM   #2
BeanballComin
Minors (Double A)

Just off the top to start:
I would look to see how good, (their reputation), the pitching coaches are.
Double Down >> same goes for the team trainer.
BeanballComin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:43 AM   #3
bababui
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
They are tired because Markus programmed it that way. If the game isn't shut down properly, all pitchers take a tiredness penalty. Its one of the only poorly thought out features in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny P. View Post
Try to rob me at gun point, I'll just kick your ass. No cops needed!
bababui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:53 AM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababui View Post
They are tired because Markus programmed it that way. If the game isn't shut down properly, all pitchers take a tiredness penalty. Its one of the only poorly thought out features in the game.
Never seen this issue as you describe it. You may be seeing fatigue as it appears after all games are played but the day has not advanced. That would occur on a "forced exit". However advancing to the next day will cause fatigue to be normal in my experience. What exactly did Markus program?

A screenshot would show this perfectly

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:58 AM   #5
philthepat

Everyone is yellow you say? ..

philthepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:04 AM   #6
bababui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Never seen this issue as you describe it. You may be seeing fatigue as it appears after all games are played but the day has not advanced. That would occur on a "forced exit". However advancing to the next day will cause fatigue to be normal in my experience. What exactly did Markus program?

A screenshot would show this perfectly
Play out a game for an inning or two. Use task manager to close OOTP. Restart OOTP. Look at your starters pitch counts and they won't match up....and they will all be tired.
Quote:
Old 08-08-2016, 01:39 PM   #7
Bobfather
All Star Starter

Old 08-08-2016, 01:40 PM   #8
Bobfather
All Star Starter

C:\Users\bob\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 17\screenshots
Old 08-08-2016, 01:42 PM   #9
TuckerDuckson
Major Leagues

Quote:
Play out a game for an inning or two. Use task manager to close OOTP. Restart OOTP. Look at your starters pitch counts and they won't match up....and they will all be tired.
That's probably because closing out using task manager doesn't save the game you are currently in, which in turn messes with the game tiredness for pitchers when you boot it up. I think it is you who is messing with it by not finishing the game out.

What you should do is if you don't have time to finish a game, just hit the game tab on the bottom then after it ends, exit OOTP and let it load down to save the game.

Plays legit baseball now. My OOTP ratings are low.

2022 update: I'm two stars!
TuckerDuckson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 01:43 PM   #10
bababui
Hall Of Famer

Doesn't help much during a crash, does it?
Quote:
Old 08-08-2016, 05:58 PM   #11
TuckerDuckson
Major Leagues

Quote:
Doesn't help much during a crash, does it?
No not really, but you could have said you had to close using Task Manager because of a crash rather than saying "Play out a game for an inning or two. Use task manager to close OOTP. Restart OOTP." Kinda makes the average person infer that you just played the game for a few innings then closed it due to a lack of time using Task Manager. Just saying.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:09 PM   #12
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Have back-up? A restore from earlier time may help. Dunno. Just a suggestion, which might not be applicable in this case .....
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:00 PM   #13
bababui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckerDuckson View Post
No not really, but you could have said you had to close using Task Manager because of a crash rather than saying "Play out a game for an inning or two. Use task manager to close OOTP. Restart OOTP." Kinda makes the average person infer that you just played the game for a few innings then closed it due to a lack of time using Task Manager. Just saying.
That was just for experimental purposes. In a game where just about everything is editable, I dont understand this mechanism.
Quote:
Old 08-08-2016, 08:19 PM   #14
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Just to clarify why this happens:

OOTP saves fatigue information as it happens, so if the game crashes or you use Task Manager, the pitch count will be counted against fatigue even though the games never happened from OOTP's perspective.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:26 PM   #15
TuckerDuckson
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post

OOTP saves fatigue information as it happens, so if the game crashes or you use Task Manager, the pitch count will be counted against fatigue even though the games never happened from OOTP's perspective.
This is what i was trying to say

Old 10-05-2016, 11:07 AM   #16
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfather View Post
Everyone of my ML relievers has been yellow for 2 days, even ones I have not used. I just got one back from DL so he is fine. But the problem is even my monor league pitchers are tired. I am pretty good at resting my relievers and try not to pitch them on consecutive days. Now sometime today my computer restarted itself so OOTP did not shut properly. Is there anything I can do, or just ride out till naptime?
Your relievers must be turning into the Simpsons.

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 11:18 AM   #17
adamj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

Are you sure about this? Just last night, I had the program crash during a game, in the 8th inning. I restarted and was able to use the same SP, with no problem.
adamj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 11:23 AM   #18
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Hahaha.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 11:24 AM   #19
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:

No, this is wrong. Everything is saved at once.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 11:58 AM   #20
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've not seen this in any versions for like .. 12 versions back?