Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:34 PM   #1
MrDov
Minors (Triple A)

Bizarre player makeup issue

Start off by saying this is my first file in 17, so if there was a change from 16 that easily explains what my issue is, sorry for being dumb. Anyways, I setup a fictional world, simmed 5 years to get some form to the world. Took over a team. As I scour the free agent pool, I notice every single guy I check out has a bad personality/makeup blurb. Change the view to include work ethic, intelligence, loyalty, etc. Literally every single player in the game has very low across the board, save about 50 players who only have low greed.

Assuming this is an unfixable issue, what would cause this to happen? What would I have to do with my next file to avoid this happening again?
MrDov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:05 PM   #2
MrBojangles
All Star Reserve

I've noticed this in the FA pool but figured that was the reason they weren't drafted and/or no one wants them. I thought I had seen the same pattern in 16, but I didn't keep stats or anything.
MrBojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 12:11 AM   #3
MrDov
Minors (Triple A)

Not just FA pool, but players on rosters across all leagues. It's affected my entire universe.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:22 AM   #4
grmagne
Minors (Triple A)

I'm 4 years into a fictional world, and so far everything looks OK. Here's a screenshot from a random free agent page. I'm not sure what could possibly be causing that issue since I thought personality types were randomly generated.
Attached Images
grmagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 10:50 AM   #5
MrDov
Minors (Triple A)

Yeah it's the strangest thing. Well next time I get a chance to play I'll start a new file and hope it doesn't happen again.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:56 AM   #6
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Your game is clearly set in a bad universe.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:06 PM   #7
Assos
All Star Starter

Looks like a WHA roster personality wise. The World Hockey Association, in the 1970s had some of the strangest odd balls ever to play pro sports. Some make Albert Belle seem sane.
Assos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 06:10 PM   #8
MrDov
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Your game is clearly set in a bad universe.
Yeah might just have to chalk this up to it being some bizarre universe that's exclusively filled with assholes. Kind of would be fun to let things play out and see how it affects player development and stuff. Also turn player morale and personalities back on and watch every team's clubhouse collapse in on itself. Here's to hoping my next fictional universe is a bit friendlier.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:38 AM   #9
hockeyman001
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assos View Post
Looks like a WHA roster personality wise. The World Hockey Association, in the 1970s had some of the strangest odd balls ever to play pro sports. Some make Albert Belle seem sane.
How are the financial settings in your league? Are team budgets completely out of line with salary expectations, and perhaps everyone in the league might just be mad because the economics of the league might preclude them from getting their expected salary?
hockeyman001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 05:33 AM   #10
Anyone
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDov View Post
Yeah might just have to chalk this up to it being some bizarre universe that's exclusively filled with assholes. Kind of would be fun to let things play out and see how it affects player development and stuff. Also turn player morale and personalities back on and watch every team's clubhouse collapse in on itself. Here's to hoping my next fictional universe is a bit friendlier.
Assuming you haven't played in it enough to become invested in it, I'd start over in that position.
Anyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 05:53 AM   #11
Number4
Major Leagues

Have you seen the film Idiocracy? That's what is happening.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:32 AM   #12
Barkingturtle
Minors (Single A)

Sounds like an evil parallel universe.

Does everyone by chance wear evil beards?

Barkingturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:26 AM   #13
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Is everyone's first name Bizarro?

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 10:44 AM   #14
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDov View Post
I wish you luck. I know exactly what living in a world filled with assholes is like.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:34 PM   #15
Number4
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I wish you luck. I know exactly what living in a world filled with assholes is like.
"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."
Old 06-01-2016, 11:48 PM   #16
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."
As usual, a total lie. There are a lot of assholes in the world, and that doesn't make everyone in the world an asshole.

Old 06-02-2016, 03:07 AM   #17
Number4
Major Leagues

The world isn't filled with assholes, the world is filled with humans. Some are outright assholes, some will be nice no matter what. Most however, will tend to be rude to people who are also rude to them, and nice to people who are nice to them.

So if you have a lot of people reacting negatively towards you, like say here in the forum maybe, ever considered that the reason might be you?
Old 06-02-2016, 09:40 AM   #18
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Who was talking about here? I have over 5,000 thanks here. As opposed to, say, 31.

Again you made a false assumption and got a lie out of it.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:42 AM   #19
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

And certain professions pretty much ARE filled with assholes. Attorneys, for example.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:44 AM   #20
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

You might examine your own words, though. Your persistent, unbridled hostility, assumptions and falsehoods are certainly making me hostile to you.