Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 11:57 PM   #201
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballman2K5 View Post
havent read entire post, but since playing 7 games in manager mode since the update I have seen:

-AI not pinch hit for their closer in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs, down 3
-AI not sac bunt with a bad hitting SP with runner one 1st 0 outs in 3rd inning leading 1-0. (not as bad but havent seen this before)

EDIT: when they did not pinch hit for a RP in the 9th with 2 outs, they had 3 available hitters on their bench
I'm not surprised. I've seen the AI make similar boneheaded decisions. In fact, I've created a running list of items for the Powers That Be to review. (Not to mention the threads that appear from time to time on the forums.) Little, if anything, has been done since the game was released in March. I presume the AI will be reexamined for OOTP17. Small consolation for those who have to deal with these issues for 9 more months.
Old 07-10-2015, 02:00 PM   #202
Lucas718
Major Leagues

Am I wrong in thinking I read sometime shortly after release that the 3D stadiums would be revamped at some point for this version? Is that not happening now?
Old 07-10-2015, 08:58 PM   #203
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballman2K5 View Post
havent read entire post, but since playing 7 games in manager mode since the update I have seen:

-AI not pinch hit for their closer in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs, down 3
-AI not sac bunt with a bad hitting SP with runner one 1st 0 outs in 3rd inning leading 1-0. (not as bad but havent seen this before)

EDIT: when they did not pinch hit for a RP in the 9th with 2 outs, they had 3 available hitters on their bench
Every patch they say AI improved and yet we still see dumb moves like this. Come on, lets get this right already, we are on OOTP16, I think it's way overdue for stuff like that to get fixed.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:43 AM   #204
GoodOlKevin
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
Every patch they say AI improved and yet we still see dumb moves like this. Come on, lets get this right already, we are on OOTP16, I think it's way overdue for stuff like that to get fixed.
[snip]

Last edited by CONN CHRIS; 07-11-2015 at 06:28 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:24 AM   #205
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Question for the Board. Just bought the game and I am using the standard 2015 MLB setup. I noticed that the "single game records" screen for the league is completely blank. Is this something that I need to switch in settings or is there something wrong with my download?
Old 07-11-2015, 04:23 PM   #206
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

[snip]

Last edited by CONN CHRIS; 07-11-2015 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:29 PM   #207
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

If you want to push the report post button, please don't then quote the reported post and snipe back at the original offender. thanks.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:42 PM   #208
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Okay, another question/observation. Why are the attendance figures missing from the MLB standard setup for both the 2009 & 2010 season still? Seems like this has been an issue for a few versions now. Is this something that I can fix myself?
Old 07-12-2015, 11:30 AM   #209
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOWDERHEAD View Post
Question for the Board. Just bought the game and I am using the standard 2015 MLB setup. I noticed that the "single game records" screen for the league is completely blank. Is this something that I need to switch in settings or is there something wrong with my download?
Okay, so I received a response back on this issue and the records populate going forward and do not draw in historical records.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:36 AM   #210
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOWDERHEAD View Post
Okay, another question/observation. Why are the attendance figures missing from the MLB standard setup for both the 2009 & 2010 season still? Seems like this has been an issue for a few versions now. Is this something that I can fix myself?
Based on the response I received, this is a known issue that is trying to be resolved.

Love the new game - such a huge jump from the last version that I bought. So many great new features.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:18 AM   #211
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs down Back to 16.5.23!

It's back to the previous patch for me. I could take the rigmarole necessary to have my customized images without having black balloons for league leading stats (overcome by special handling of skins) but this newly noticed issue crossed the line.

In this patch, a bug was introduced which bedoggled the team records screen. If I had to guess, I would think it was introduced with this change:

Quote:
- Added pitcher WAR to team register history
Anyway, there are now errors in that screen; an example is shown below. When I reverted back to 16.5.23, everything was normal.

I reported it in the bug thread after noticing that somebody else was complaining about the same thing. This is basic; I don't care about 3D ballpark stuff but I sure as heck care about something like this:
Attached Images

- Bru

Old 07-14-2015, 11:55 AM   #212
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
It's back to the previous patch for me. I could take the rigmarole necessary to have my customized images without having black balloons for league leading stats (overcome by special handling of skins) but this newly noticed issue crossed the line.

In this patch, a bug was introduced which bedoggled the team records screen. If I had to guess, I would think it was introduced with this change:

Anyway, there are now errors in that screen; an example is shown below. When I reverted back to 16.5.23, everything was normal.

I reported it in the bug thread after noticing that somebody else was complaining about the same thing. This is basic; I don't care about 3D ballpark stuff but I sure as heck care about something like this:
Good catch - hopefully this gets the attention that it deserves.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:50 PM   #213
CBLCardinals
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas718 View Post
Am I wrong in thinking I read sometime shortly after release that the 3D stadiums would be revamped at some point for this version? Is that not happening now?
Bump.

I thought this as well.

Markus, ootp team any insight ?
Old 07-14-2015, 10:06 PM   #214
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The ST stadium is great.. the rest need work.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:24 PM   #215
Abyss
Minors (Rookie Ball)

love the baseball reference type yellow leader numbers on the profiles. Very awesome.

not sure if its a new bug but for some of my players their "star ratings" (OV and POT) revert old scouting reports to the new one. You can still see the old CON/PWR/EYE etc but instead of being 1 star current and like 4 star potential it just shows 4/4 all the way back to the draft.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:58 PM   #216
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Been that way since 15. I'd rather them fix that

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBLCardinals View Post
Bump.

I thought this as well.

I think they probably had their hands full with other things so the 3-D stadiums had to take a backseat. I think it would've been cool if they redid them, but no big deal if not. Might as well get the little nagging things right.

By the way, has anybody Noticed that when you save and leave in the middle of an actual game, your team control settings are blown out? Been that way since 15. I'd rather they fix that.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:46 PM   #217
buccosfan739
Bat Boy

Ever since the new update, the game has been running incredibly slow. I get the not responding prompt after almost every mouse click. I was having no problems before the update. Is anyone else having this issue?
Old 07-15-2015, 11:05 PM   #218
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBLCardinals View Post
Bump.

I thought this as well.

I think they probably had their hands full with other things so the 3-D stadiums had to take a backseat. I think it would've been cool if they redid them, but no big deal if not. Might as well get the little nagging things right.

By the way, has anybody Noticed that when you save and leave in the middle of an actual game, your team control settings are blown out? Been that way since 15. I'd rather they fix that.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:15 AM   #219
zappa1
All Star Starter

Weather

Has anybody noticed that since this last update the weather doesn't change during the game anymore like it use to? Just wondering if anybody has seen this. Before the update, the game might start out as "clear skies 84o". As you play it may change to "cloudy skies 82o" to maybe "rain 81o" by time you reach the end of the game.

Since this latest update, it doesn't change anymore. I know this is a small thing compaired to what everybody is posting on, but just wondered about it.

Thanks.

Last edited by zappa1; 07-16-2015 at 09:17 AM.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:23 AM   #220
zappa1
All Star Starter

buccosfan 739:
I have, but not too often. Mostly first batter of the game slight delay of maybe 2 or 3 seconds.

Last edited by zappa1; 07-16-2015 at 09:25 AM.
Closed Thread