Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #121
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
Does OOTP not work on an iPad? I'm thinking of getting either a tablet or iPad, and definitely need to get OOTP up and running on it. Advice sought!
iOOTP works on the iPad (the mobile version of OOTP that is quite different). OOTP does not.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #122
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmount78 View Post
The thing I like the best about the game is the ability to have four windows open with your minor league teams showing with the up or down arrows. This has really saved me a lot of time in promoting/demoting players! I really appreciate this new feature as sometimes I demote someone and find out they need to be demoted even further!
Actually if you use an even larger resolution, you can have up to 8 of those screens available at the same time For example - mlb, aaa, aa, a, ssa, rookie, dl, dfa.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #123
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyLemonade View Post

Two questions :
1) Do we have to enable storylines ?? Or everything is coming along on the way..?
Yes. they need to be enabled in your game setup. By default they should be. they do occur throughout the year but they are fairly rare and if you are a single day simmer (play each game out), it may take a while to see them.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #124
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200 View Post
iOOTP works on the iPad (the mobile version of OOTP that is quite different). OOTP does not.
So just to clarify, it will work on a tablet (obviously?).
Mike Lowe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #125
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
So just to clarify, it will work on a tablet (obviously?).
I better leave that to someone who has one. I don't and it really depends on two things. If the tablet uses the Windows operating system and if the resolution is high enough to display the game. I'm not sure how low the resolution can go in OOTP 13. Anyone have experience with this?
Old 04-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #126
DawnBTVS
Major Leagues

Jumping from OOTP 10 (I know... I know) I'm very impressed if not a little overwhelmed at times

Love the interface, very easy to use for the most part. Also a minor thing but I loved (in a this hurts but it's cool way) that playing as the Pirates, CF Nate McClouth suffered a 3 week concussion early in May only to suffer a career ending concussion in August.

Maybe a coincidental thing but I just thought it was a neat experience (and relatable given the current era regarding concussions in other sports).
DawnBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #127
McMousey
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200 View Post
Also all outfielders is there. Double awesome.
Don't forget all infielders too. Not only are there a lot of major changes to the game, there are a ton of little tweaks like this that I've always wanted but never thought about.

AND the game is so pretty

Great game, great release, great support. Congrats OOTP Developments
McMousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #128
DiMaggio5CF
All Star Reserve

My first impression is that the Real-Time Simulation is out of this world. Immersion factor x about 1,000.
DiMaggio5CF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #129
zappa1
All Star Starter

Just to nit-pic again, why does the quick box scores on the right hand side of the screen have the HOME team on top and the ROAD team on the bottom? Seams like it would be better the other way around. The ROAD team bats first, right?
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #130
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
Overall LOVE OOTP13!!!!

A minor thing I'd like to see changed. On the 'Manager' pull down I would like to see 'player search' and 'shortlist' be two separate items. I use the shortlist a lot and having to wait for it to generate the player list is kind of a waste of time.

Actually another thing for shortlist; I would LOVE to have multiple shortlists. I would keep one for 'top prospects', maybe one for players I'm scouting on other teams, another for players I've traded, etc. Sort of like 'views' or maybe it is a 'Filter'.

As a workaround you can bookmark your shortlist and bypass having the game generate the player list. Not as good as having it split but at least it helps especially if you use it a lot.

Also would love to see multiple shortlists. Who knows maybe someday?
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #131
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
Just to nit-pic again, why does the quick box scores on the right hand side of the screen have the HOME team on top and the ROAD team on the bottom? Seams like it would be better the other way around. The ROAD team bats first, right?
I'm trying to figure out what screen you are talking about. I can't find anyplace that has the home and away teams reversed.

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #132
conception
All Star Starter

Haven't played with it much but I did finally get to a point where I could import my ootp12 league and boy did the game look nice. I'm going to spend my waking hours getting my superleague up and running just so I can see how great it looks in-game. Hopefully there will be no quirks.
conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #133
professor ape
All Star Starter

Took the MLB Quickstart and ran a couple of seasons with the default settings. One thing I noticed is that the AI was allowing pitchers to throw too many pitches on a regular basis.

Granted that CC Sabathia is one of the more durable pitchers around but he had a stretch of four consecutive starts with 130-148 pitches. There were a number of other games where he was in that range. In the post-season a pitcher went 11 innings with 146 pitches.
professor ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:36 AM   #134
LCS213
Minors (Double A)

As a loyal customer who's bought every version since OOTP3, I'm loving it! Well done team Markus!

Suggestion: There are several screens where having the handedness of the pitchers displayed would be a big help. Some examples include:

-On the "MLB Scores" page, where you choose to manage your team's game on a given day. It lists the pitching matchup. It would be nice if they were listed as follows:
NYA: LHP Ray Campbell (2-0 1.69 ERA)
MIN: RHP Mike Ewbank (0-1 3.52 ERA)

-On the "Transactions" page, where you can view your entire organizational overview. It would be good to see, at a quick glance, how many lefty and righty pitchers you have on each roster.
LCS213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:29 AM   #135
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Back in town late last night, but downloaded before I left on Friday. Spent most of today going through the new version. Must say 13 has become my favorite, although 12 was special above 6.5. Already imported my fictional league.

Things I love...

-UI is dyn-o-mite! Very solid feeling to the build.
-League home screen is much better and love the way news is displayed there.
-Team home screens are nice, as well. Less info than in 12 but acceptable.
-RTS: Wow! Awesome how I can jump into any game or unfinished games after I've watched mine. Sort of like it's done on network T.V. Was able to see the end of a 14 inning stunner today. Would have missed it in 12. This is one of my favorite features.
-Actual size logos on box scores. Nice touch. No screens with cutoff logos. Thanks for listening.
-Backgrounds: Happy to see they can still be used in many player images. Had me worried for a while there.
-Really like the player pages with the larger player images. Nice that patches can be seen on the sleeves. Thought I was going to like zoomed out to see more of the jersey setting better, but after trying it I rather like the default view. Players look a little too much like paper dolls on the more jersey setting. Glad it's an option though for folks who want it. Also, glad it can be applied with other images like the on-field player image and news stories.
-Love the 'upcoming schedule'. Sweet addition.

What needs improvement...

So far, the sound could use a bit more love. There are a couple other things, but I'm too anxious to get back to the game to mention those now.

Great job.

Last edited by DreamTeams; 04-10-2012 at 01:31 AM.
DreamTeams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #136
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Just a bit disappointed in the fonts used for the interface. Other than that, the game is a winner.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #137
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
Just a bit disappointed in the fonts used for the interface. Other than that, the game is a winner.
You can copy the fonts from the OOTP 12 fonts folder to the OOTP 13 fonts folder (do not delete OOTP 13 fonts prior to this, simply overwrite the files). This gives you OOTP 12 fonts when you restart the game.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #138
mm7607
All Star Reserve

So far I the feature I like the most is the bye feature in the playoffs. I had 2 8 team leagues and wanted to expand by 1 team each. Set up 6 3 team divisions with 2 bye teams was nice.

Most of the cosmetics and new interface is nice. I would like to see some different skins. All three of these are a little hard on my old people eyes.

League associations is also a much wanted feature for a long time. Very nice addition.

I like to sim a day at a time, check boxes for important records like 1 hitters or 20 run games, then save those boxes. I like to see my leagues progress, careers develope and all time records get set and broken. So I must sim. So for me anyway I feel the RTS is a total waste of time. So far I've tried using it twice and it was SOOOO slow compared to simming. I know it must have taken a TON of coding, or maybe not, But I think that time could have been spent in other areas.

V12 has been my favorite and I played it nearly every day. Now after the first patch I've already put about 8 hours and v13. So unless the game starts crashing or doing some really crazy crap, I give it 4 1/2 stars out of 5.
mm7607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #139
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Early impressions:
Historical replays much improved, pbp improved, getting used to what I think is a better interface.

19th century still takes too much tinkering to play historically.

AI still in love with intentional walks.

Scorekeeper still can't assign earned runs properly.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #140
BigbyWolf
Minors (Double A)

Wow!

My story; I was jaded after pre-ordering OOTP 12 ( in Feb of 2011 ) and waiting forever. The product was solid but I never really got into it. I had just finished my first season playing every game, after toiling away customizing my fictional league when I received the email that OOTP 13 was being released. I hummed.... I hahhhhad and then bit the bullet and bought the new version. For the first time ever I imported my season and hoped that I wouldn't have to start over again.

The answer; of course not. The import was flawless. And I agree with what has already been stated in this thread, that RTS is the greatest addition ever. Immersion factor increase by 140 maybe even 300.

Thank you!
BigbyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote