Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 02-26-2003, 09:42 AM   #21
Joe Canadian
All Star Starter

I've never had a problem with ViaTech, or elicenses... and if I ever did there is a very easy solution, just e-mail them. I've e-mailed them countless times with other questions (ie. Money Orders), and I've recieved replies in less than 24hrs everytime.

Also, I must be a moron, becuase I always thought we only had 2 licences to begin with. It's news to me that we once had 3???

Fan of the Blue Jays, Maple Leafs, IceCaps, Lakers, and Broncos.
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 08:56 PM   #22
And One
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Bugs everywhere....

Between the elicensing, game freezing, unexpected behavior, I'm getting the feeling that I'm paying to beta test and report back bugs. I've owned the program for 7 days and I've restarted my season 2 twice because unexpected program behavior... I fear I will have to re-install and restart again which defeats the purpose of having a sim. Sims are supposed to continuous... All I'm doing is re-installing and restarting...
And One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 09:37 PM   #23
Henry
Hall of Fame

Re: Bugs everywhere....

Quote:
Originally posted by And One
Between the elicensing, game freezing, unexpected behavior, I'm getting the feeling that I'm paying to beta test and report back bugs. I've owned the program for 7 days and I've restarted my season 2 twice because unexpected program behavior... I fear I will have to re-install and restart again which defeats the purpose of having a sim. Sims are supposed to continuous... All I'm doing is re-installing and restarting...
And One,
Before you go putting all the blame on the game, realize that hundreds maybe more bough the same game and are not having problems. It's more likely your PC setup.

If you provide us some info on what isn't working, and what kind of setup you have, we might be able to help

Henry
Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 10:06 PM   #24
And One
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the reply Henry....

System is a Win XP SP1 PC 768M of Memory running P4 1.2 Ghz laptop...
40 Gigs free space available of the C: drive, where windows and the game are installed. Custom League with 32 teams and fictional players. League is setup as career.

Played first seasons was able play through whole year.... Went to the second year, program guided me through Coaching Signing Period, Free-Agent signing period, and Amateur draft.. This allows restocking of team....Completed second season... Calendar shows 1/26... Not guide available... I sim from 1-26 to 4-1 (season start). although I could go in and sign coaches and FA picks, I expected the game to provide the option to go through the signing period... This did not occur, meaning that my team has drastic wholes in the line-up... The computer managed teams on 4-1-2002 sign all the better players according to the transaction history. I assumed this was because they were short handed also... My team now does not have sufficient players to cover all positions. No amateur draft meaning I have a defective database devoid of a year of players.

Any "PC" problem, should not cause all that work to be lost...

Screen saver issue.... Took a while for me to figure out then anytime my screensaver comes on, the game is going to freeze. Forcing me to 'Terminate' program and restart the program.

This is a PC problem, I should know better then to run a screen saver when playing a game.

Patch is delivered so I re-install game on PC... Did not think to retrieve License while I was re-installing and downloading patch.. Laptop does not have access to Internet so I select off line license install.. Follow instructions moving files between different PCs.. Game says I have successfully installed game... I start game and it works fine.. Shut down PC, and restart..... Game asks me to purchase or license.. Although I had played the game less the a couple of hours ago.... I go through re-license process and I'm out of license...

I've owned the software for 7 days... Been able to play 3 days.. Restarted twice and I fear a third time is on the horizon... And I cannot use a product which I have paid for.

I'm glad you haven't had any PC problems... But unfortunately I have not been as fortunate...
Old 03-06-2003, 10:29 PM   #25
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

anybody else have problems with xp??? I just got a new computer built, and kept windows 98 because of this game. Just wondering if i should upgrade in the future, will xp cause a problem
akw4572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 10:31 PM   #26
Henry
Hall of Fame

Well... let me take a shot at this... going to have to ask more questions, becasue some of what you had happened definately shouldn't have happened.

Quote:
Originally posted by And One
Thanks for the reply Henry....

System is a Win XP SP1 PC 768M of Memory running P4 1.2 Ghz laptop...
40 Gigs free space available of the C: drive, where windows and the game are installed. Custom League with 32 teams and fictional players. League is setup as career. ok so far....

Played first seasons was able play through whole year.... Went to the second year, program guided me through Coaching Signing Period, Free-Agent signing period, and Amateur draft.. This allows restocking of team....Completed second season... Calendar shows 1/26... Not guide available... something wrong here, the Free Agent period sould have come up I sim from 1-26 to 4-1 (season start). although I could go in and sign coaches and FA picks, I expected the game to provide the option to go through the signing period... Yes, it should have acted like previous seasons This did not occur, meaning that my team has drastic wholes in the line-up... The computer managed teams on 4-1-2002 sign all the better players according to the transaction history. I assumed this was because they were short handed also... My team now does not have sufficient players to cover all positions. No amateur draft meaning I have a defective database devoid of a year of players.
My guess would be one of your "lockups" somehow corrupted the database

Any "PC" problem, should not cause all that work to be lost...

Screen saver issue.... Took a while for me to figure out then anytime my screensaver comes on, the game is going to freeze. Forcing me to 'Terminate' program and restart the program.

This is a PC problem, I should know better then to run a screen saver when playing a game.

Patch is delivered so I re-install game on PC... You may have made a mistake here... the patch was simply a replacement for the ootp5.exe file ... you didn't have to reinstall the game, which is probably what cancelled the licenses. Cal ViTech (number is in Troubleshooting area of board) and explain what happened. they will reissue the licensesDid not think to retrieve License while I was re-installing and downloading patch.. Laptop does not have access to Internet so I select off line license install.. Follow instructions moving files between different PCs.. Game says I have successfully installed game... I start game and it works fine.. Shut down PC, and restart..... Game asks me to purchase or license.. Although I had played the game less the a couple of hours ago.... I go through re-license process and I'm out of license... again I think it's becasue you re-installed instead of simply copying the new file into the ootp5 directory

I've owned the software for 7 days... Been able to play 3 days.. Restarted twice and I fear a third time is on the horizon... And I cannot use a product which I have paid for.

I'm glad you haven't had any PC problems... But unfortunately I have not been as fortunate...

I hope this gives you a direction to solve your problems

Henry
Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 12:29 AM   #27
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by akw4572
anybody else have problems with xp??? I just got a new computer built, and kept windows 98 because of this game. Just wondering if i should upgrade in the future, will xp cause a problem
runs like a dream on my xp. pent4 2gig.

I've also got a 98se machine in the house but wouldn't even think of putting it on there not nearly as stable.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 01:16 PM   #28
johnnyshaka
All Star Reserve

I've recently installed OOTP5 on my PC at the office and I've run into a similar issue as And One in that after restarting OOTP wants me to reintall my license. Rather odd. When I do install the license, it works just fine, but then I restart and it wants to me to re-license it.

I've got it installed on my PC at home and I used to have it on my laptop, but I removed the license (properly, through control panel and E-license) from my laptop.

This machine is XP...as is my PC at home and my laptop.

To clarify, I didn't reinstall when I installed the patch...I did as Henry described and just replaced the EXE...like all the other patches.

Any ideas??
Old 05-30-2003, 01:23 PM   #29
And One
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Dude,
I eventually gave up running it on my office PC... I contacted e-license tech support and they sent me a file to install on my office machine to see if it fixes the problem. I never had an opportunity to try it. Unfortunately, glad to see someone else had the same problem.

When I get home, I will see if I can find the email. Still a great game though, it just as well I didn't install it at work, otherwise I would never get any work done....

And One
Old 05-30-2003, 01:25 PM   #30
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyshaka
Any ideas??
This post (troubleshooting forum sticky) and the program attached to it may help you:

http://www.400softwarestudios.com/bo...threadid=27096

At the very least it will give you some more information should you need to contact Via Tech for help.
Scott Vibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 01:42 PM   #31
johnnyshaka
All Star Reserve

And One and Scott...thanks, I'll have to give it a try.

Odd...I did a search for "license" and this post didn't come up...hmmmm.
Old 06-06-2003, 05:29 PM   #32
johnnyshaka
All Star Reserve

Just to let you guys know...finally got the chance to try that utility but it didn't work.

So, I sent the file the utility makes to VT and within two hours I had another utility to run...and sure enough, that one did the trick.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction...and for anybody who's had the same issue and still hasn't had it fixed...drop me a line or PM and I'll gladly send out the utility.