Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 03-01-2003, 09:35 PM   #21
Kaumeyer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the advice...

I did exactly what you said and found that my settings were right in line with where they need to be based on your observations...

I'm still leery about shutting down without delicensing at this point...
Kaumeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 10:01 PM   #22
dshaw27
Bat Boy

Yeah, unfortunately, that's not it. The LicCtrl service is already set to Automatic on my machine. As I understand it, you wouldn't be able to license the game at all if that service wasn't running.

Looks like the ViaTech folks are gone for the evening. I still haven't heard back from them about resetting my licenses. Looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow to play again.
dshaw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 11:23 PM   #23
Dunk44
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yes the exact same thing is happening to me. OOTP4 is unlicensed, and I'm getting error 11, all the licenses are used. OOTP5 was unlicensed also, but viatech opened up a license for me, guess they didn't understand that both were unlicensed.

Seems like if I license OOTP4, it unlicenses OOTP5. Hmmm, was FOF The College Years an elicense? If it was, its gone.

So I guess these are my choices, never shut down the cpu, or keep delicensing then relicense.
Dunk44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 11:44 AM   #24
theoldman47
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Oh well!

Oh well, I thought that would solve your problem. Could be a problem if you have more than one elicense from the company......not sure. But I think it is their responsibility for solving the problem. Maybe if enough people call in complaining they will finally do something to solve the problem. If not then I suggest OOTP find another way to license the program. Because in the end they will be getting dissatisfied customers, and I am sure they don't want that. I am sure it is some kind of registry problem though. I will keep digging around and see if I can find something else that could be causing the problem.....
In any event, hope your problem gets solved, and if it does please post what the fix was.......

Tim
Bristol, VA
theoldman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 11:49 AM   #25
Gastric ReFlux
Hall Of Famer

I've run into a license problem myself. LicCtrl has stopped working on my Windows2000 computer after installing OOTP5. I can't even manually start it.

So I got curious. Both OOTP5 and TD use elicen40.dll. The difference in the install logs is that TD says it succesfully copied the dll to its directory. OOTP5 complains that elicen40.dll could not self-register. I have tried to register the dll manually with regsvr32 but I get a load library and failed initialization routine.
Gastric ReFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 01:21 PM   #26
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

Have you guys called Via-Tech about this?
Baseball Maelstrom-Montreal Expos-2013 Tourney winner, 2014 WC Team
Sparky's League - Tampa Bay D'Rays
Epicenter Baseball League - Astros 2014
The CBL Rewind - Phillies '95
Steve Kuffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 01:35 PM   #27
Gastric ReFlux
Hall Of Famer

I sent an email detailing my problems just a few minutes.

It looks to me like the License Control center won't start because elicen40.dll isn't registered anymore.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:16 PM   #28
Joe Canadian
All Star Starter

For those who still have problems with the eLicense with OOTP or TDCB, head over to the OOTP Tech Support forum. There is a diagnostic program their that may solve your problem...

Fan of the Blue Jays, Maple Leafs, IceCaps, Lakers, and Broncos.
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 07:25 PM   #29
Gastric ReFlux
Hall Of Famer

I used that diagnostic program yesterday and it fixed the problem with LicCtrl service not running.

I was very happy--it blew major chunks to see that none, NONE, of my elicensed games would work because of that problem.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:54 PM   #30
Dunk44
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Wish I woulda knew about the diagnostic program before this weekend. I took the problem to the extreme and reformatted my hard drive this weekend, reinstalled XP, downloaded every service pack and upgrade available for XP. I've been to afraid to license another program since I've done this, but OOTP5 stays licensed when I reboot. Not sure if its fixed or not, will check out the program out though.

ViaTech has been great though, replied decently fast to my e-mails/support forms, and cleared 4 licenses for me.
Dunk44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 10:21 PM   #31
theoldman47
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Unhappy Feel Bad

Now I really feel bad. I have that program and have had it for some time but just completely forgot about it or I would have emailed it to you guys. My bad!!!
Hope you all get your problems fixed now though.

Tim
theoldman47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 12:11 AM   #32
Kaumeyer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So that diagnostic utility works? I've been delicensing every day since Friday before shutdown in order to keep playing without problems.

I'll have to try that out!
Kaumeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 03:15 PM   #33
And One
Minors (Rookie Ball)

License issue..

I encountered the same problem regarding my license.. I purchased the product and loaded the license using the off line instructions. I was able to start the game up with no problem... I shut the game and the computer down and when I restarted my PC.... The game asks me to purchase or license. I license again, copying a new offline entry form and transferring it to my dialup PC. Requesting and receiving a license.. The I hit the complete installation and the program sits there.. I pound button multiple times and it still does not complete.. Eventually it says that I have used up all my installs.. Shoot I only installed the game once and I'm asked to re-license multiple times... Is there a email or phone number for via-tech or however is responsible for the tricky installation routines?
And One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 03:16 PM   #34
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

Address: ViaTech Technologies, Inc.
7 Lincoln Street, Suite #1
Natick, MA 01760 USA
Phone: 508-647-0464 Headquarters
508-647-0465 eLicense Sales/Support
Fax: 508-647-0463
Email: support@elicense.com

Hope this helps.