Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 01-13-2020, 10:00 PM   #1
Cygnus_X1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Unretiring numbers

Hey All.

I finished my first season as GM of the London Knights. Ended up winning the memorial cup against the Calgary Hitmen. Anyway, part way through the season, while looking for tread deadline pickups, I noticed something odd. While searching players on the North Bay Battalion, I noticed a player named Marcus McIvor. I found this odd, because there was a player with the same name on the battalion back in the 2010's. I thought it was just a coincidence, but then I looked into it further. This is the same guy. His birth date was completely shuffled. When I fixed it in commissioner mode, it turned out that he was a 25 year old playing in the OHL, a league for 16-20 year olds. I retired him mid season. I know he is still playing hockey for University of New Brunswick, but I wanted to make sure he was not playing in the OHL. Now, at the end of the season, the team is retiring his number 97 (this is also not his number when he played with them.) Is there any way to unretire a number in this game. This should not of even happened, and im conflicted on what to do. Thanks.
Cygnus_X1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:14 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Ah, I think I know what happened there. He's so old (he'll be 26 in May, he's in his fifth year at UNB) that he's just past the game's normal age limit for the U-Sports league (25), and when the game sees that during setup, it'll reassign the birthdate into an allowable range; in this case it made him young enough to play junior again, so he wound up back with the Battalion.

It makes sense that his number got retired (he had 5 good seasons with them IRL), and he probably got 97 when he went back to North Bay because his preferred one is 79, and that would've been the number of record when the game checked for numbers to retire.

I'll bump that league age limit up by a year in the next update so that won't happen anymore.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:20 AM   #3
Cygnus_X1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Not sure why they would decide to retire him though. sure, he had good seasons, and served as a captain in his overage year, I saw him play when the team was in Brampton. But I dont think that the jersey number should have been retired. Also, he wore #4 with the team, so idk where 79 as his preferred number came from
Cygnus_X1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:47 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

He's wearing 97 at UNB, so that's set as his favourite number, too. It was probably taken when he moved back to them, so his first alternate choice was the reverse.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote