Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 01-04-2020, 05:07 PM   #1
Ike Fehr
Bat Boy

Free Agent List Filter

It's July 1st and I'm looking through the Free Agent list. I noticed that there were quite a few younger players in the list so I opened the filter and change the minimum age to 19 and unchecked the Restricted FAs checkbox.
I hit OK and immediately there are no players under 19 but the Restricted FAs are still there. Is there a way to make that work?
So I check Ilya Sorokin who is 24 and drafted by the Islanders. His profile page shows he's a Restricted FA but in Edit page under League Rights under NHL, it says Free.
So I checked one of my players that should be an RFA, Taro Hirose (I'm Detroit). He is 24 years old but is an Unrestricted FA. I had offered him many contracts during the year with some very bizarre, unexplainable results but I won't get into that now. Hirose has been in the league for only 2 years after spending 3 years at university. He is not 27 so should he should not be a UFA.
Is there something i'm missing with RFAs and UFAs?
Ike Fehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 11:39 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

It looks like the Contract section of the player page is reporting some UFA's as restricted free agents when it shouldn't, we'll have a look at that.

But I can't replicate the RFA's showing up on the free agent list when the option is unchecked; I only see RFA's when I do that. I think I'll need to have a look at the save (uploading instructions here) to see exactly what's going on there.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:07 PM   #3
Ike Fehr
Bat Boy

The save game file I'm sending is regarding the issue of getting a warning email saying the following players need to clear waivers but none left the farm team during the pre-season. The only player I sent down was G.Smith.

You might not be able to read the email because the emails all seem to be blank after I open a save game.

Last edited by Ike Fehr; 01-11-2020 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:52 PM   #4
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Fehr View Post
The save game file I'm sending is regarding the issue of getting a warning email saying the following players need to clear waivers but none left the farm team during the pre-season. The only player I sent down was G.Smith.

You might not be able to read the email because the emails all seem to be blank after I open a save game.
That doesn't matter if they stayed in the AHL the whole time. Players with NHL contracts still have to clear waivers, the game simply does it on one day.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:36 PM   #5
Ike Fehr
Bat Boy

In the NHL a player is only placed on waivers when he is sent down to the farm (AHL) from the NHL team (unless that player is waiver exempt). Players that have never been on the NHL roster and have stayed on the farm team DO NOT have to clear waivers. See https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers-calculator for more information. I purposely kept players on the farm that would have to clear waivers. I sent up waiver-exempt players to cover for injuries.
There were 5 players on the waiver list:
1. Dominic Turgeon - never sent up to NHL team
2. Kyle Wood - never sent up to NHL team
3. Evgeny Svechnikov - never sent up to NHL team
4. Vladislav Kamenev - sent to farm 10/01/2019 after a 2 day callup
5. Nathan Noel - received in trade February 24, 2020 and automatically placed on farm team

This is a great game but some basic things that you would have expected the 6th generation of a game to have figured out. Quite disappointing.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:23 PM   #6
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Fehr View Post
In the NHL a player is only placed on waivers when he is sent down to the farm (AHL) from the NHL team (unless that player is waiver exempt). Players that have never been on the NHL roster and have stayed on the farm team DO NOT have to clear waivers. See https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers-calculator for more information. I purposely kept players on the farm that would have to clear waivers. I sent up waiver-exempt players to cover for injuries.
There were 5 players on the waiver list:
1. Dominic Turgeon - never sent up to NHL team
2. Kyle Wood - never sent up to NHL team
3. Evgeny Svechnikov - never sent up to NHL team
4. Vladislav Kamenev - sent to farm 10/01/2019 after a 2 day callup
5. Nathan Noel - received in trade February 24, 2020 and automatically placed on farm team

This is a great game but some basic things that you would have expected the 6th generation of a game to have figured out. Quite disappointing.
In the NHL, every single player starts camp with the NHL Club if they have an NHL contract. That's exactly what the game assumes rather than arbitrarily forcing you to send players down on Day X. Every single one of the players you list is no longer Waiver Exempt where you are, thus why they are on waivers.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote