Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 08-07-2015, 10:39 AM   #1
Der Kommissar
Bat Boy

Where are all those firstbasemen come from?

Ok, obviously i'm new to this, and obviously I was overexcited when I created my first league and I should have read the manual more carefully. But nonetheless things were going pretty smoothly and I'm about to enter the playoffs in the third year of my league.

But then I realised there was something wrong. I had my doubts in the first year (1977 by the way) when there was only 5 rounds worth of players in the pool draft. Those doubts were confirmed in the second year when there was only 25 players in the draft (I should also had realised by that time that those players where the unsigned players from the year before but I didn't). At the time I said to myself I'll wait and see for the next one maybe it's just a one time thing. I was also wondering what was happening to new historical rookies that were suppose to be added every year. Where was Tim Raines!?

My Expos were having a great 1979 season so I left the questions aside at that moment. But now, as the third draft pool announcement was made it was clear (clearer) that there was a problem. Only two players in the list!

So I did what I should have done at first, I went to the manual for some reading. Okay! I need feeder leagues! So I created feeder leagues. Good! Now I've got 123 players on my list! Its a start! But still, no historical rookies!

I went back to the manual. My historical rookies settings look like there ok, automatically import rookies is checked, used random rookies from all seasons is unchecked. Hmmm. So I read some more, I do not find the answer i'm looking for but i do see there's a way to add them manually, so i make a test, i add a few, it works. Good! Now i'm gonna use a text file to had all 1979 rookies in one shot. While i'm going through the files that a few peoples have graceously put to our dispositions on this forum, at the back of my mind I can't stop thinking, this is not normal, it should add the rookies automatically, I checked it, so i'm trying other things, I go and check the box in the feeder leagues, try many combinations, trying to figure what i'm missing.

Ok, now it's getting weird. As I go back to the page of the draft to see if the tweaking had any effects I see that there's now 312 players in the draft. Yeah! I did it!....Not so fast! I suddenly realize that all the added players are all firstbasemen and that their age goes from 24 to 138 years old! Oh, they're historical players allright but not rookies from 1979!

So, the questions are: Where did I go wrong? How can I fix this? And...do I get rid of those firstbasemen?

All the help is welcome!
Der Kommissar is offline   Reply With Quote