Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-16-2015, 09:19 PM   #1
LarryDu4
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Missing Player in Historical Replay

I've been playing my beloved BoSox with actual starting lineups and historical transactions starting with the 1950 season and currently in June of 1952. Recently I started comparing my daily results with those shown in Baseball Almanac and have found the following anomaly:
In the "real life" game played by Boston on June 14, 1942, the almanac indicates that Sid Hudson pitched in relief of Mel Parnell. Although there were recent transactions between the BoSox and both the Tigers and the Senators, Hudson never made it to my roster. When I checked in historical transactions for the league it indicated a transaction with Hudson "already retired." According to the almanac he didn't retire until 1954. Can I manually place him on my roster in this type of replay?
LarryDu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:35 PM   #2
txranger
Hall Of Famer

You could unretire him, then go into the editor under his player page and assign him to a team...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 01:06 AM   #3
LarryDu4
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks!

Thanks for your response. After a lot of "clicking around" I was able to find and "unretire" Hudson. I then signed him as a free agent. I'm still confused as to why he was shown as retired in 1951 when he had active stats in 1952, but at least I'll be able to use him to shore up my pitching now.
LarryDu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:03 AM   #4
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

In the league set up there is an option to "Retire player based on Real Life?" or something similar to that. Check to see if that is selected.

I may be mixing up memories here...
I seem to remember a problem if a player did not have stats for a season. The game did not handle it properly.
I am NOT positive about this, I may be cross modulating two or three things I have read and this could be totally incorrect. May be worth a look.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:20 PM   #5
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

In OOTP16, I imported the 1940 season and then simmed through 1952. Sid Hudson was traded to Boston on June 10, 1952. Just like real life. I then imported the 1950 season and simmed through 1952. Again, Hudson was traded to Boston on June 10, 1952.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote